• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MOST VALUABLE MODERN VARIANTS - THE RANKINGS
17 17

2,251 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, rogue14 said:

It’s a shame that x23 dell’otto is dropping on the list. It’s a great cover!

Agreed it is a great cover, practically iconic now. But in spite of some very strong recent raw copy sales, that one 9.8 sale for $1350 (perhaps a clueless seller) definitely cost it a couple positions for now.  But demand is obviously still strong overall so I don't expect it to leave the list anytime soon.  

-J.

I think maybe the new virgin cover of x23 by dell Otto is hurting the originals value. Why pay that much money when you can get the next best thing for way cheaper? I hope they don't start recycling a lot of art like this.

11 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

Agreed it is a great cover, practically iconic now. But in spite of some very strong recent raw copy sales, that one 9.8 sale for $1350 (perhaps a clueless seller) definitely cost it a couple positions for now.  But demand is obviously still strong overall so I don't expect it to leave the list anytime soon.  

-J.

I wish I was clueless enough to have sales over $1k. :insane:

1 hour ago, jason4 said:

I think maybe the new virgin cover of x23 by dell Otto is hurting the originals value. Why pay that much money when you can get the next best thing for way cheaper? I hope they don't start recycling a lot of art like this.

It's not.  Raw values spiked after the reprint came out.  It only dropped down the list because this list gives the most weight to graded 9.8 sales. 

-J.

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

I wish I was clueless enough to have sales over $1k. :insane:

Good point!  It just seems a little daffy to me to sell a graded 9.8 for only a couple hundred dollars more than what raw copies are sellling for.  :screwy:

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

35 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Good point!  It just seems a little daffy to me to sell a graded 9.8 for only a couple hundred dollars more than what raw copies sell for.  :screwy:

-J.

Lot's of people use GPA for slabs. 12 month GPA average is $1,512.

Last sales:
Dec: $1,500

Nov: $1,386

Oct: $1,599

Jun: $1,350 & $1,700

Not very consistent sale prices.

On 2/26/2018 at 11:40 AM, jason4 said:

I hope they don't start recycling a lot of art like this.

Why not? So ridiculously priced variants can stay ridiculously priced?  ;)

More people getting the chance to own sweet art is pretty cool, IMO.  And at any rate, the original book it was printed on is still likely going to be in high demand.

47 minutes ago, Dwitkin82 said:

Just got a Dark Nights Metal Shadow Planet Con variant..#95 of only 250..signed by Capullo and Snyder....does that even register on the “modern rarity” scale? 

Not sure about this book, but from the sounds of it, it isn't at least three years old. 

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

The market is HOT!

Vengeance of Moon Knight #1 Virgin:

CGC 9.8 sold in April for $2,100 :whatthe:

CGC 9.2 sold in May for $911

Spawn #189 B&W Variant CGC 9.8 just sold for $1,100

and then, the biggie...

Spawn #185 B&W Variant just sold for $3,850.....RAW.....:whatthe::whatthe:

On 3/16/2018 at 9:00 PM, Jaydogrules said:

Not sure about this book, but from the sounds of it, it isn't at least three years old. 

-J.

JDR,

Is there a way you can update the first page or pin the list with pictures (new or updated list as it changes)?  I can never seem to find the one with pictures :/

Ryan

On 7/9/2018 at 7:49 AM, ygogolak said:

The market is HOT!

Vengeance of Moon Knight #1 Virgin:

CGC 9.8 sold in April for $2,100 :whatthe:

CGC 9.2 sold in May for $911

Spawn #189 B&W Variant CGC 9.8 just sold for $1,100

and then, the biggie...

Spawn #185 B&W Variant just sold for $3,850.....RAW.....:whatthe::whatthe:

Never heard of the Vengeance of Moon Knight book.  Thanks for the heads up on that one.  Going to have to wait for more than just the one, first to market 9.8 to sell before the book could realistically make the list (I'm also wondering if it's not actually, technically a second printing).  Will keep an eye on that one.  Spawn 185, I'm already familiar with, doesn't sell high enough to make the list, and Spawn 185 is already on the list. (thumbsu 

I'll be updating this list today. @Sensei Ryan I'll have to see if it's possible to pin updated versions of the list in some kind of way.  

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

47 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Never heard of the Vengeance of Moon Knight book.  Thanks for the heads up on that one.  Going to have to wait for more than just the one, first to market 9.8 to sell before the book could realistically make the list (I'm also wondering if it's not actually, technically a second printing).  Will keep an eye on that one.  Spawn 185, I'm already familiar with, doesn't sell high enough to make the list, and Spawn 185 is already on the list. (thumbsu 

I'll be updating this list today. @Sensei Ryan I'll have to see if it's possible to pin updated versions of the list in some kind of way.  

-J.

There will never be enough of the Vengeance of Moon Knight as it is indeed on of the most rare. Still, two recent sales is worthy.

Spawn #189 has sold for $1,100 last year and this year. 3 sales total with an average of $1,016.

Spawn #185 is not trackable as is only sells raw. Yet its' still on YOUR list.

Love pointing out the holes in your random assemblage.