• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many people can possibly think they need to start a comic investing site??

41 posts in this topic

I've heard people mention getting their breaking news about books from various websites and I never took the time to look into them. Well yesterday I decided to do a Google search for comic investing and about 10 sites popped up! Ten sites dedicated to informing people or "investors" into what is hot and what is not in the comic world. Problem is almost all of them have the same list of books and virtually the same info.

Is there that many people "investing" in books that all of these websites can be viable from a financial standpoint?

I know! :idea:

Let's start a crowd funded initiative to sell snips of key comics and put it in a display case! That'll be soooooo popular and there won't be any backlash from collectors, at all!

Plenty of websites on Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster too.

thee%20fiddy_zpsnf44caos.jpg

Are these investing sites wildly_fanciful_statement or Not?

Let's start a crowd funded initiative to sell snips of key comics and put it in a display case! That'll be soooooo popular and there won't be any backlash from collectors, at all!

That's ok I guess, but I was thinking we'd create our own crypto currency, and then use the profits to invest in CGC slabs that then all of the coin owners would...own...I...I honestly never understood that whole thing. I'm sorry.

That's ok I guess, but I was thinking we'd create our own crypto currency, and then use the profits to invest in CGC slabs that then all of the coin owners would...own...I...I honestly never understood that whole thing. I'm sorry.

Wat-Meme-Tumblr-04.jpg

Jerome

I visit those sites weekly. Not for investing purposes though. They give a good recap of what's hot, why they're hot, and some pretty interesting insights.

This week's find...Liberty Comics The Boys issue.

These sites help expand my interests beyond my regular weekly buys. Good stuff.

Loving this upload.

1Cool:

All you need, or anyone needs, for investment tips is to study my posts.

I obviously am a effing genious.Here us a summation of my sagely thoughts on Preacher:

Buy MOAR Preacher #1-#13.....da *hit is gonna go through da roof, dudes!!1111!!11@@

hashtag

@Hotcomicinvestmenttips

Just saying, any numbnut d-bag can say books are heating up or will be the next big thing ;)

All you can do is try to stay on top of the trends.

Loving this upload.

1Cool:

All you need, or anyone needs, for investment tips is to study my posts.

I obviously am a effing genious.Here us a summation of my sagely thoughts on Preacher:

Buy MOAR Preacher #1-#13.....da *hit is gonna go through da roof, dudes!!1111!!11@@

hashtag

@Hotcomicinvestmenttips

Just saying, any numbnut d-bag can say books are heating up or will be the next big thing ;)

All you can do is try to stay on top of the trends.

and sell on the way up

Wat-Meme-Tumblr-04.jpg

Jerome

Here it is. Comic Book Coin! This thread was a pretty hilarious mess.

Comic Book Coin is Coming!

I was a fan of Jay Katz's site for a while when I was buying new comics. But I've cooled down on the new issues and mostly have been focusing on older books. I like to see CBSI's top 10 list, which is both old and new but is a fun read. GoCollect's hottest comics is a good reference to see what's moving also.

There's nothing wrong with buying comics to profit from them. The reality is that most comics never appreciate in value. It's not easy making money with comics so you might as well enjoy the product too.