• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it just me? Sale threads...EBay sales

330 posts in this topic

I could cite a number of instances, but I will note one of late as I look though the sales threads for forum buying only and one in particular notes: Don't make me put it on EBay!

Really? Don't make you put it on EBay, where if were listed at no reserve you would get no where close to what you are asking from forum buyers?

I always assumed Forum boards are where you tried to sell things are bargain prices low enough to cut out things like the EBAY or Comic Links 10% for the middleman.

Please put it on EBay and stop trying to rip me off.....

I'm thinking about starting my own personal thread of outrageous selling attempts both on EBay ad the boards. Why is it on average that graded books on EBAY seem to be offered at vast premiums to known last sales. I realize this is not always true, but I'll post a few as I see them.

people certainly have a right to try to promote their wares how they see fit provided they're acting in good faith, wouldn't you agree?

Or one could just move on. Or is it that exasperating and ubiquitous? A blight upon us all?

I could cite a number of instances, but I will note one of late as I look though the sales threads for forum buying only and one in particular notes: Don't make me put it on EBay!

Really? Don't make you put it on EBay, where if were listed at no reserve you would get no where close to what you are asking from forum buyers?

I always assumed Forum boards are where you tried to sell things are bargain prices low enough to cut out things like the EBAY or Comic Links 10% for the middleman.

Please put it on EBay and stop trying to rip me off.....

I'm thinking about starting my own personal thread of outrageous selling attempts both on EBay ad the boards. Why is it on average that graded books on EBAY seem to be offered at vast premiums to known last sales. I realize this is not always true, but I'll post a few as I see them.

I'll agree that the threat angle is a little disingenuous. It's generally more common with newer sellers than more experienced ones who realize it's a sales tactic with no real leverage.

I put it right up there with when a buyer says 'I'll give $X right now, I have Paypal ready to go. As if money right now warrants a 30% discount! lol

Sometimes I can even sell to dealers for morebthan the offers I get.

But I usually just generally respond politely and move on.

I liken it to teaching the younger generation how to act. Sometimes you just have to be patient and let them learn at their own pace what works and what doesn't. If you can't be patient it will drive you crazy.

As long as the price and product is agreeable to me, I could care less if someone says "please don't make me sell this on eBay" in the header. It's just a sales pitch that usually announces that the seller has dropped prices or is open to more vigorous negotiation. Or maybe it's someone just saying "I hate dealing with eBay and I'd rather sell it here at a discount".

If it's disingenuous, it'll probably show up in their price point or negotiation approach.

Life's short, man. No big deal.

As long as the price and product is agreeable to me, I could care less if someone says "please don't make me sell this on eBay" in the header. It's just a sales pitch that usually announces that the seller has dropped prices or is open to more vigorous negotiation. Or maybe it's someone just saying "I hate dealing with eBay and I'd rather sell it here at a discount".

If it's disingenuous, it'll probably show up in their price point or negotiation approach.

Life's short, man. No big deal.

Seriously

Granted, some of my searches may be biased because they are books I am looking for. Certainly not widely bought/sold titles like ASM. Here is one for starters.

I sold my Captain Marvel 17 in 9.8 to Thomas Drew of these boards a while ago. Since then I had been looking for lower grade, lesser cost copy. I have auto search on Ebay for "Captain Marvel CGC" and this book, among others, showed up.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Captain-Marvel-17-CGC-8-0-1st-App-New-Costume-KEY-ISSUE-Movie-Coming-Soon-/152057326561?

I e-mailed seller and asked how he arrived at the price and he said it was a "hot" book.

10 year GPA range 4--$95. Last sale in 2015 $40.

Yours for only $163...no takers...