• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,409 posts in this topic

On 3/24/2022 at 2:12 PM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Come visit me in QLD with that! Just brandish it like it was a real gun, locals will love you for it. I guarantee you'll get a statue in your name. 

If I were to come over there.

1. I wouldn't brandish any gun real or a toy.

2. If I did have a gun on me it sure wouldn't be this one.

3. You didn't already see the statue they have up of me over there?

Spoiler

20211203_234803.jpg.f7cc1e4380d8ff9718ca761a0fed553d.jpg

I got a MOC Star Wars Force Unleashed Aayla Secura statuette from Hasbro's short-lived line. No relation to the later games. They're not the sort of thing you're proud to own. They're trashy, although Aayla is one of the best. Padme comes with full highbeams on. I'm a big Aayla fan, and had never got around to getting one of these (because they're trashy) so I finally figured 'welp, now's the time.' 

I'll try and get some photos tomorrow if I can open it up without trashing the packaging for now. 

On 3/28/2022 at 12:01 PM, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Went to pick up a nice Joe lot yesterday because I saw a figures I needed. I was surprised on the amount of accessories. While I was there he showed me other stuff for sale. I dig Robotech so that was a no brainer. Got the ghost buster lot to resale. Get to learn new/old toy lines so that’s cool.

AECE3395-9957-4C52-A464-05FC09A937DA.jpeg

6A1CEED6-CB70-4D2C-B763-AAE6597B5B1E.jpeg

3D0A7B6A-17C4-4AC3-B8BD-57B350BE7A6D.jpeg

That's a great haul! And I'm sorry man, I did a lot of digging (YoJoe, the figure ID guide at Transformersland, Figure Realm, etc) and I could not ID those two figures, which seems nuts to me. The internet is supposed to know everything! I'll keep hunting.

In the meantime, I just bought a couple of boxes of stuff from an old friend, I'll post pics soon. I've identified most of the various parts and pieces, but if anyone has any clue about these three circled in green, I'd appreciate it. I'm stumped. They're large, so I was thinking maybe Centurions or something? The white jet looking piece is stamped 1978, so I'm not sure. Microman? Star Wars? Any guesses are welcome!

InkedIMG_5298_LI.jpg

On 3/29/2022 at 10:28 AM, F For Fake said:

That's a great haul! And I'm sorry man, I did a lot of digging (YoJoe, the figure ID guide at Transformersland, Figure Realm, etc) and I could not ID those two figures, which seems nuts to me. The internet is supposed to know everything! I'll keep hunting.

In the meantime, I just bought a couple of boxes of stuff from an old friend, I'll post pics soon. I've identified most of the various parts and pieces, but if anyone has any clue about these three circled in green, I'd appreciate it. I'm stumped. They're large, so I was thinking maybe Centurions or something? The white jet looking piece is stamped 1978, so I'm not sure. Microman? Star Wars? Any guesses are welcome!

InkedIMG_5298_LI.jpg

Thanks. I found out they are REMCO 86 figures. Had to get a magnifying glass to read the stamp. I updated my post but I appreciate you taking a look. The golden guy I found on ebay. American defense. The blue guy I didn't see an exact match, but that's ok. I think I might hang onto most of the Robotech and Voltron figs. The guys with their helmets are kind of rare. One of these days I would like to get a complete Voltron or maybe one of those new remakes. 

One thing I'm having a hard time finding is those smokey and the bandit figures? Maybe it's from a different line.

I'll let you know if I find out anything on the space ship.

On 3/29/2022 at 2:46 PM, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Thanks. I found out they are REMCO 86 figures. Had to get a magnifying glass to read the stamp. I updated my post but I appreciate you taking a look. The golden guy I found on ebay. American defense. The blue guy I didn't see an exact match, but that's ok. I think I might hang onto most of the Robotech and Voltron figs. The guys with their helmets are kind of rare. One of these days I would like to get a complete Voltron or maybe one of those new remakes. 

One thing I'm having a hard time finding is those smokey and the bandit figures? Maybe it's from a different line.

I'll let you know if I find out anything on the space ship.

The Bandit I would assume is from the ERTL Super Stars line, but I don't remember a blue one, just a red shirted figure. Let me poke around. The one next to him is a Mego Luke Duke from Dukes of Hazzard, right?

On 3/28/2022 at 12:01 PM, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Went to pick up a nice Joe lot yesterday because I saw a figures I needed. I was surprised on the amount of accessories. While I was there he showed me other stuff for sale. I dig Robotech so that was a no brainer. Got the ghost buster lot to resale. Get to learn new/old toy lines so that’s cool.

3D0A7B6A-17C4-4AC3-B8BD-57B350BE7A6D.jpeg

The more I look at the Bandit, the more I think someone kitbashed a new figure using the ERTL Bandit head and the Fall Guy/Lee Majors body. Not the Lee Majors from the "Super Star" line, but the Fall Guy action figure itself that came with the truck. Body looks like a match. See what you think.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/324427518319?epid=23040427613&hash=item4b8963116f:g:eG8AAOSwe61f4d6l

https://www.ebay.com/itm/353966292701?hash=item526a08fedd:g:6pwAAOSwUTliNMDV

Edited by F For Fake

On 3/29/2022 at 12:07 PM, F For Fake said:

The Bandit I would assume is from the ERTL Super Stars line, but I don't remember a blue one, just a red shirted figure. Let me poke around. The one next to him is a Mego Luke Duke from Dukes of Hazzard, right?

This is the only thing I can find on Burt for this figure. Rare release in Korea??

Worthpoint

I wish I had an account. To see what the value is.

That guy looks like Duke's of hazard but his face is different.

Well maybe not, the jacket on the Fall guy figure looks black, but your Burt looks blue. That is odd. I wonder if it is some weird variant or something, using the same molds but different colors?

On 3/29/2022 at 12:15 PM, F For Fake said:

The more I look at the Bandit, the more I think someone kitbashed a new figure using the ERTL Bandit head and the Fall Guy/Lee Majors body. Not the Lee Majors from the "Super Star" line, but the Fall Guy action figure itself that came with the truck. Body looks like a match. See what you think.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/324427518319?epid=23040427613&hash=item4b8963116f:g:eG8AAOSwe61f4d6l

https://www.ebay.com/itm/353966292701?hash=item526a08fedd:g:6pwAAOSwUTliNMDV

That's interesting.

On 3/29/2022 at 3:18 PM, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

That's interesting.

Found him!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224759043902?hash=item3454aed73e%3Ag%3AsOUAAOSw~JZhx3dZ&nma=true&si=z0E6oUCEQeNnTtshpJwuB1k1JDo%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

ERTL The Wrangler action figure.

Looks like they did their own kitbash, using the Burt head and the Fall Guy body. 

https://www.toymania.com/334archives/wrangler/index.htm

Edited by F For Fake

This is dangerous. Now I'm going down a rabbit hole and trying to decide if I need a set of Fall Guy/Smokey and the Bandit/Wrangler figures. What have you done?? 

On 3/29/2022 at 12:21 PM, F For Fake said:

You are my hero. I guess that rare korea release was a bunch of bologna.

On 3/29/2022 at 3:25 PM, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

You are my hero. I guess that rare korea release was a bunch of bologna.

Ha, yeah, I found that search as well. I guess they couldn't figure it out either and said "Hey, it's rare! And Made in Korea! Uh...rare Korean variant!" ha

On 3/29/2022 at 12:25 PM, F For Fake said:

This is dangerous. Now I'm going down a rabbit hole and trying to decide if I need a set of Fall Guy/Smokey and the Bandit/Wrangler figures. What have you done?? 

:roflmao:

Yeah. I wasn't even aware of these lines. They are actually pretty cool. Well made. Hits the vintage nostalgia points. Be careful :foryou: