• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,394 posts in this topic

On 6/6/2023 at 11:49 AM, Buzzetta said:

If it was the Vamp I would have insta-clicked it as that was the first vehicle I ever owned. 

I am still on the fence on this one.  Apparently we are waiting for SDCC before they announce the Ghost from Rebels for the 3.75" line and that is what I REALLY want. 

Meanwhile it is at 9,870 backers out of the required 10,000.

This thing is getting funded. 

The Dragonfly did turn out quite nice, and I'll consider it in the next 30 days.  However, it was not one of my favorites in the 80s line, so I never had the original. I was really hoping for a Vamp or Wolverine.  

On 6/1/2023 at 9:51 PM, Wrightson fan said:

My Major Matt Mason and Friends display. The figures are all mint from sealed packages. I did not crack the vintage packages, but a late friend of mine did so, and created the display. I purchased it from his widow as I wanted to be the caretaker of this excellent item. You will not find nicer examples as they are truly perfect. 

IMG_6965.jpeg

A mint Jeff Long....:takeit:

I was lucky enough to be able to play with these as a kid (hand me down from my father) and the awesome moonbase and vehicles :x

On 6/7/2023 at 5:53 AM, Cat said:

Transformers Legacy Blitzwing. 

20230607_152543.thumb.jpg.62c188347c22d6ac565a2347a1770973.jpg

A lot of people seemed to spoon on this guy, but I dunno, I thought he turned out well. I guess people balk at the Leader price point, but I think for a triple changer of his size, that's a fair price, and I think it's a cool and accurate sculpt. I dig him!

On 6/6/2023 at 11:32 PM, Mickey7 said:

The Dragonfly did turn out quite nice, and I'll consider it in the next 30 days.  However, it was not one of my favorites in the 80s line, so I never had the original. I was really hoping for a Vamp or Wolverine.  

The Wolverine is what I suspect most people want the most.  I know I loved that thing FAR more than all of the other vehicles due to all of those removable rockets it has.  I'd bet money on that thing selling over 20K units.

I don't follow the vintage market but I suppose that's a good indicator of what Haslabs might sell well.  What are the most expensive Joe vehicles on the vintage market?  I'm sure THE most is the Flagg, but that's more due to the low supply than high demand.

Edited by fantastic_four

On 6/7/2023 at 8:48 AM, fantastic_four said:

The Wolverine is what I suspect most people want the most.  I know I loved that thing FAR more than all of the other vehicles due to all of those removable rockets it has.  I'd bet money on that thing selling over 20K units.

I don't follow the vintage market but I suppose that's a good indicator of what Haslabs might sell well.  What are the most expensive Joe vehicles on the vintage market?  I'm sure THE most is the Flagg, but that's more due to the low supply than high demand.

Most of the expensive Joe pieces are the really big ones (Flagg, Defiant), or the exclusive re-deco lines (Night Force in particular, as well as the Sears Dreadnok Assault sets, and other repaints.) Scarcity is the main driver of Joe vehicle values. 

As for popularity, I'd point to the pieces that have been reissued multiple times, across many lines; HISS tank, Sky Striker, AWE Striker, Rattler, VAMP. Whenever there's a Joe revival, those are the vehicles you're most likely to see again and again.

On 6/7/2023 at 2:25 PM, Dave2739 said:

Bring on the HasLab Classified Killer Whale Hovercraft with Cutter! That would be epic in the Classified line.

I can't imagine how immense that would be, but I'd absolutely be all over it!

I backed the Dragonfly, even though I currently have no place to display it, but it was one of my favorites as a kid.

A VAMP would be absolutely stellar, although they would probably put out a more modern (Pursuit of Cobra) version rather than the original.

The Killer WHALE would be huge and probably cost $500 at a minimum, but I'd find a way...  It's still my all-time favorite Joe vehicle, and having a monster-sized one would be so much fun!

On 6/7/2023 at 2:38 PM, F For Fake said:
On 6/7/2023 at 2:31 PM, Gonzimodo said:

I backed the Dragonfly, even though I currently have no place to display it, but it was one of my favorites as a kid.

A VAMP would be absolutely stellar, although they would probably put out a more modern (Pursuit of Cobra) version rather than the original.

The Killer WHALE would be huge and probably cost $500 at a minimum, but I'd find a way...  It's still my all-time favorite Joe vehicle, and having a monster-sized one would be so much fun!

Expand  

The Whale is probably my all time favorite. I remember getting it for Xmas, and I spent the next several summers playing with it in the pool. Nothing finer than having it tragically sink to the bottom, as the corpses floated up from the crew hatch. Good times. 

(I may or may not have had emotional problems

FB_IMG_1685917016645.jpg.8f05fb129944689ac308432e2ee3ddf8.jpg

On 6/7/2023 at 10:33 PM, F For Fake said:

A lot of people seemed to spoon on this guy, but I dunno, I thought he turned out well. I guess people balk at the Leader price point, but I think for a triple changer of his size, that's a fair price, and I think it's a cool and accurate sculpt. I dig him!

I think he looks fantastic, I'm in love with how he looks. Don't get me started on the bloody transformation. It took me 35 minutes to transform him, including the time spent to consult one video. Turns out I was doing everything right, I just wasn't using enough force. Nothing on my sample wanted to cooperate, nothing would just tab in easily, everything was a person_without_enough_empathy. It made it hell. That thing is never going out of robot mode. The legs were where I was stuck for most of that time. Close to 30 of those minutes. They just wouldn't tab in how they were supposed to. I complained to my mate afterward, I didn't know he also had one, he just laughed and said "yeah he is a bit of a b*&&ch isn't she". Thanks for the warning you ! lol

Looks great, is pretty great, is hell to transform. Worst Transformer I've dealt with in years. Masterpiece level frustration. 

On 6/7/2023 at 3:10 PM, F For Fake said:

I can't imagine how immense that would be, but I'd absolutely be all over it!

I picture it being huge, but not unattainable. Kinda like that Super7 Thundertank in size, which to me looks a bit like a big plastic coffee table.

On 6/7/2023 at 5:21 PM, Dave2739 said:

I picture it being huge, but not unattainable. Kinda like that Super7 Thundertank in size, which to me looks a bit like a big plastic coffee table.

I think you're right, I mean if Hot Toys can make those massive Batmobile Tumblers and Super7 can make the aforementioned ThunderTable, then surely Hasbro could pull off something like that.