• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,408 posts in this topic

On 7/15/2023 at 11:48 AM, Buzzetta said:

No notification… some have remarked on this lately… either way this just showed up at my door.

IMG_5955.jpeg

My Temple Escape Indy showed up this week as well, but I got all notifications.  And by all I mean a Pulse email two weeks before saying it was about to ship, an email saying they had charged me, and an email from FedEx informing me of the incoming shipment, which they send out if you have a free account with them.

On 7/15/2023 at 6:59 PM, fantastic_four said:

My Temple Escape Indy showed up this week as well, but I got all notifications.  And by all I mean a Pulse email two weeks before saying it was about to ship, an email saying they had charged me, and an email from FedEx informing me of the incoming shipment, which they send out if you have a free account with them.

I had received the "Get ready!" notification that they were going to charge my card but did not receive a tracking number or notification that it was even sent out.  There were members of the GI Joe groups that experienced a similar scenario where the current Shipwreck wave mysteriously showed up at their door. 

Yea I've heard people say they didn't get notifications as well with Pulse.  Maybe check your spam folder?  Or maybe they just never send them sometimes.

Either way signing up for UPS and FedEx for free accounts means they email you when they receive a package for your address.

On 7/16/2023 at 8:11 AM, fantastic_four said:

Yea I've heard people say they didn't get notifications as well with Pulse.  Maybe check your spam folder?  Or maybe they just never send them sometimes.

Either way signing up for UPS and FedEx for free accounts means they email you when they receive a package for your address.

I checked the spam folder and did not see anything.  I also have the Fed Ex account that normally notifies me of shipments.  It seems to be a current issue. 

Yep.  Seemed clear to me from day one it would hit all of the stretch goals.  Hasbro's GI Joe team has been killing it since the line started a few years ago.

Edited by fantastic_four

I did pick up this today. 

My lord the comments about why not include Slave Leia or Oola?

Oola has had two different molds and releases since 1995. 

Slave Leia has had four or five different molds (depending on how you count them) in the 3.75" scale not including various rereleases and cardback changes. 

This is the FIRST 8D8 figure since 1997.  An update for this guy has been asked about for years. 

I had the Walmart Exclusive that came with Oola but this definitely was an improvement over that release.   I might justify this purchase by selling off the Walmart version but keep Oola.  

EDIT: Oh yeah, link for anyone that wants one. 

https://hasbropulse.com/products/star-wars-the-vintage-collection-jabba-the-hutt-set

image.thumb.png.7e1f8d5572760504ce4311d76bd37ac6.png

Edited by Buzzetta

On 7/20/2023 at 3:43 AM, Buzzetta said:

Then there is a $200 version of a brick built Chewbacca

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/chewbacca-75371

image.thumb.png.c8baeea484c6b8d66307f1edb9f71b4b.png

Well I'm not going to sleep tonight. 

On 7/20/2023 at 8:09 AM, Cat said:

Well I'm not going to sleep tonight. 

It's between 8-10 pm there right now.  Go to bed.  It is 5am in San Diego.  More stuff will come out by the time you wake up and especially on Friday PST

On 7/20/2023 at 10:11 PM, Buzzetta said:

It's between 8-10 pm there right now.  Go to bed.  It is 5am in San Diego.  More stuff will come out by the time you wake up and especially on Friday PST

Oh now it's DEFINITELY going to be harder to sleep. All the cool stuff gets announced while I'm asleep. Thanks, Buzz! :(

On 7/20/2023 at 8:13 AM, Cat said:

Oh now it's DEFINITELY going to be harder to sleep. All the cool stuff gets announced while I'm asleep. Thanks, Buzz! :(

I will post stuff in this thread as I am off today.  BTW... you may or may not have gotten a pernt in that "other" thread if anyone was keeping track of such things.  

On 7/20/2023 at 10:17 PM, Buzzetta said:

I will post stuff in this thread as I am off today.  BTW... you may or may not have gotten a pernt in that "other" thread if anyone was keeping track of such things.  

:cheers: Cool, I can't wait to see all the new stuff in the pipeline for the next year. I can hear my wallet screaming from here. 

And a pernt? Who would know of such a thing? Such a mythical, wondrous thing. :shiftyeyes: