• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,485 posts in this topic

On 8/3/2023 at 4:01 PM, F For Fake said:

Yeah, pretty excited about this. There are also images of Megatron floating around, but those have been confirmed as fake. 

I need this.

On 8/3/2023 at 12:36 PM, Buzzetta said:

Coming to Japan.

They are releasing a G1 Optimus Prime with modern articulation. 

No official images yet. 

Screenshot 2023-08-03 at 3.35.11 PM.png

Here is some information on pricing.

https://tformers.com/missing-link-convoy-optimus-prime-images-details-on-articulated-transformers-reissues/50567/news.html

Now this is a dream come true. I was literally, LITERALLY, just discussing this with a friend two nights ago, and how much I wanted one, and now *poof* it exists two days later. How lucky is that! 

Legends scale Vehicle Voltron. Available for preorder at BBTS. I don't know if ShowZ will be stocking it, but they'll be a lot cheaper if they are. I've preordered, just in case. 

6b373c24-ccd8-4c8a-947a-157003fa62a9.jpg.d517872f84e6304c0ee3c7f3a6b7fd1d.jpg

On 8/4/2023 at 5:36 AM, Buzzetta said:

Coming to Japan.

No official images yet. 

Yeah this is a must-have for me. I've already got too many Optimuses (Optimii?) so what's one more? 

On 8/4/2023 at 10:52 AM, Cat said:

I just spoke with Amazon about the whole no box thing. They refunded me the entire cost of the set on the spot, I didn't even ask for it. Very generous outcome. 

That's great news! Amazon usually doesn't mess around when it comes to customer service issues, at least in my experience. I remember ordering the Star Wars Blu Ray box set when it first came out, and the shipping notification went from a normal delivery pattern to some kind of "return to shipper" exception. I chatted with them and the sent a new one immediately. A few days after the new one came, the original one also showed up on my doorstep. I chatted with them again to let them know, and they just said, "thanks for letting us know, but we don't need it back." It probably costs more for them in time/money/etc. to deal with the return than to write off such a relatively small amount.

Need some advice from toy collectors:

Is there any clear protective packing for toy vehicles still in boxes?

I have several 1978 Battlestar Galactica vehicles in boxes that I'd like to display, but I want them in some sort of plastic protective container. I have my MOC figures in Alpha card protector cases, which are very nice - but need something bigger for the toy vehicle boxes - which measure approximately 9" H x 10" W x 2" D.

I've spent the better part of two hours trying to find something that might work from Amazon, Uline, Ebay, various box and plastic specialty websites, emailing companies who make card protector cases - all to no avail. My options seem to be:

1. Grading them (I'm not doing that)

or

2. Wrapping them in oversize mylar bags (I figure this is my last ditch scenario)

Unless there is a trick I don't know about that toy collectors do. Any help is appreciated!

On 8/8/2023 at 8:57 AM, Dr. Balls said:

I have several 1978 Battlestar Galactica vehicles in boxes that I'd like to display, but I want them in some sort of plastic protective container. I have my MOC figures in Alpha card protector cases, which are very nice - but need something bigger for the toy vehicle boxes - which measure approximately 9" H x 10" W x 2" D.

I've spent the better part of two hours trying to find something that might work from Amazon, Uline, Ebay, various box and plastic specialty websites, emailing companies who make card protector cases - all to no avail. My options seem to be:

or

2. Wrapping them in oversize mylar bags (I figure this is my last ditch scenario)

Unless there is a trick I don't know about that toy collectors do. Any help is appreciated!

You can buy the cases from the grading company without having to have them graded. For instance, AFA sells several different varieties of cases. Check these out. They're not cheap, but they should do the job:

https://cgagrading.com/custom-classics/?page=1

They have a "Battlestar Galactica" category, but...nothing in it. But maybe there are other lines that have a case that would fit the same size?

If you can't find something there, due to needing an odd or uncommon size,  there are also companies that do custom cases. One called Encased Collectibles is set up at the local toy shows here every year. I think they have a FB page for the business, but my firewall here at work blocks FB access so I can't direct link it. But you could search them up.

Edited by F For Fake

Twas a Transformer weekend (aren't they all?) as my War Dawn and Dead Prowl/Ironhide sets arrived. Haven't had a chance to open them up, it was a busy weekend. I was absolutely stunned when they announced the dead guy 2-pack, as that's exactly the sort of super-niche thing I love! However, I was really disappointed that they basically only have singed/broken chests and shocked mouth expressions. I WANT "SMOKE" POURING OUT OF PROWL'S EYES!!! Hopefully some 3P folks will brew up some customs to make these more gruesome. As it is, I'm just tickled that they exist, and am hoping/assuming Ratchet/Brawl will follow shortly to complete this ghoulish display. How odd to have the moment your childhood was shattered captured in plastic!

The War Dawn set is just sorta ok on its own, but combined with the Guardian Robot and the Pax/Alpha Trion set, it's really neat to have assembled this little Ancient Cybertron capsule. This is the stuff I love.

Also managed to track down the G2 Grimmy at a local Wal-mart. The only one nearby that had them in stock was in :shudder: INDIANA :shudder: so I had to cross a bridge to get him, but he's worth it. Really wishing I'd picked up the Shattered Glass Grimmy now as well. 

IMG_4619.JPG

IMG_4620.JPG

IMG_4617.JPG

IMG_4618.JPG

On 8/8/2023 at 8:57 AM, Dr. Balls said:

or

Why not just get an acrylic display case?  They make them for football helmets, baseball bats, mini football helmets, gloves, hats and other sizes. 

Give me the dimensions and I can try and find something. 

On 8/8/2023 at 8:06 AM, Buzzetta said:

Why not just get an acrylic display case?  They make them for football helmets, baseball bats, mini football helmets, gloves, hats and other sizes. 

Give me the dimensions and I can try and find something. 

I'm not wanting to spend a lot of money on acrylic (the ones I found on Etsy were $48 each - I was hoping to find a solution - acrylic or something else - for around $10-$12 each) - trying to keep the cost down on displaying them/storing them. The boxes are pretty uniform, they are basically all 10" wide x 9" tall x 2" deep. If I could find four cases of some kind all this size (or slightly bigger), I'd be happy as a clam. I appreciate you taking a look - when you don't know where to look, there's a lot of non-applicable stuff to wade through!

Edited by Dr. Balls

On 8/8/2023 at 10:33 AM, Dr. Balls said:

I'm not wanting to spend a lot of money on acrylic (the ones I found on Etsy were $48 each - I was hoping to find a solution - acrylic or something else - for around $10-$12 each) - trying to keep the cost down on displaying them/storing them. The boxes are pretty uniform, they are basically all 10" wide x 9" tall x 2" deep. If I could find four cases of some kind all this size (or slightly bigger), I'd be happy as a clam. I appreciate you taking a look - when you don't know where to look, there's a lot of non-applicable stuff to wade through!

I can get you down to $38 and they are stackable? 

https://www.amazon.com/Stebopum-Organizer-Pack-Stackable-Magnetic/dp/B0BLC6YL53

I had looked also through Michaels, and Hobby Lobby. 

For loose figures a baseball bat display case works nicely.  Saw when I needed a display case for an actual baseball bat. 

Another alternative is to buy cheap shadowboxes or a on the upper end of the spectrum a display case that can hold all of them.

On 8/8/2023 at 9:20 AM, Buzzetta said:

I can get you down to $38 and they are stackable? 

https://www.amazon.com/Stebopum-Organizer-Pack-Stackable-Magnetic/dp/B0BLC6YL53

I had looked also through Michaels, and Hobby Lobby. 

For loose figures a baseball bat display case works nicely.  Saw when I needed a display case for an actual baseball bat. 

Another alternative is to buy cheap shadowboxes or a on the upper end of the spectrum a display case that can hold all of them.

Damn! That’s some serious GoogleFu! I’ll take a closer look when I get home. Thanks

On 8/8/2023 at 12:38 PM, Dr. Balls said:

Damn! That’s some serious GoogleFu! I’ll take a closer look when I get home. Thanks

Yeah, I figured a three pack for $38 fit the criteria.  Good luck. 

On 8/8/2023 at 11:25 PM, F For Fake said:

Twas a Transformer weekend (aren't they all?) as my War Dawn and Dead Prowl/Ironhide sets arrived. Haven't had a chance to open them up, it was a busy weekend. I was absolutely stunned when they announced the dead guy 2-pack, as that's exactly the sort of super-niche thing I love! However, I was really disappointed that they basically only have singed/broken chests and shocked mouth expressions. I WANT "SMOKE" POURING OUT OF PROWL'S EYES!!! Hopefully some 3P folks will brew up some customs to make these more gruesome. As it is, I'm just tickled that they exist, and am hoping/assuming Ratchet/Brawl will follow shortly to complete this ghoulish display. How odd to have the moment your childhood was shattered captured in plastic!

The War Dawn set is just sorta ok on its own, but combined with the Guardian Robot and the Pax/Alpha Trion set, it's really neat to have assembled this little Ancient Cybertron capsule. This is the stuff I love.

Also managed to track down the G2 Grimmy at a local Wal-mart. The only one nearby that had them in stock was in :shudder: INDIANA :shudder: so I had to cross a bridge to get him, but he's worth it. Really wishing I'd picked up the Shattered Glass Grimmy now as well. 

IMG_4619.JPG

IMG_4620.JPG

IMG_4617.JPG

IMG_4618.JPG

I picked up G2 Grimlock, G2 Sideswipe, and Cloud Cover today. I wanted Mirage too, but they were sold out of him. Love the decos of this line, keep 'em coming Hasbro! 

I'm also still waiting for my Dying Prowl and Ironhide set to arrive. It should be here any day now. 

On 8/3/2023 at 12:36 PM, Buzzetta said:

Coming to Japan.

No official images yet. 

Here is the links for preorders:

https://www.thechosenprime.com/ttfmlc01convoy

https://tfsource.com/japanese-transformers/c-01-convoy-transformers-missing-link/

Both stores are also selling the cab only version.  Nothing listed for Bigbadtoystore yet.

Edited by Miketimus_Prime

On 8/9/2023 at 4:09 PM, Miketimus_Prime said:

Here is the links for preorders:

https://www.thechosenprime.com/ttfmlc01convoy

https://tfsource.com/japanese-transformers/c-01-convoy-transformers-missing-link/

Both stores are also selling the cab only version.  Nothing listed for Bigbadtoystore yet.

YES !

As soon as BBTS gets it... with the trailer...