• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,485 posts in this topic

On 8/1/2023 at 10:58 AM, Dave2739 said:

Did they fix the goofy crossed eyes that the prototype has?

The placement of eyes that are painted on can be pretty random with Marvel Select, Marvel Legends, or almost any other toy line.  I've got plenty of cross-eyed, side-eyed, looking up, or looking down figures across all lines.  But it definitely was weird for them to use a cross-eyed version in their prototype pics.  :screwy:

Here are how mine turned out as an example, but I'm sure there are plenty of figures with far more extreme placement.  Looks to me like mine are looking up very slightly.  I'm fine with it as it's extremely subtle.

AIL4fc9OB4cLP4BUwu_qN7AO_Ofhpka2eiGuh77F

Edited by fantastic_four

Here's how the Marvel Legends Thing fits into Marvel Select Reed's wrap effect.  The wrap isn't flexible in the slightest so you're mostly limited to fitting things in that happen to be the same size as the opening.  Same with the neck--I know Diamond has never used bendy wire in figures so I wasn't expecting it, but I was still hopeful it had it.  It doesn't, and it's just rigid plastic, but you can rotate the head at the top of the neck and the bottom of the neck rotates as well, so you're free to have that bend in the elongated neck point in any of the 360 degrees it can rotate at the torso.

AIL4fc-af4zMUXRE1d7imtjEnJ_suKel9IcL69oh

On 8/1/2023 at 11:10 AM, fantastic_four said:

The placement of eyes that are painted on can be pretty random with Marvel Select, Marvel Legends, or almost any other toy line.  I've got plenty of cross-eyed, side-eyed, looking up, or looking down figures across all lines.  But it definitely was weird for them to use a cross-eyed version in their prototype pics.  :screwy:

Here are how mine turned out as an example, but I'm sure there are plenty of figures with far more extreme placement.  Looks to me like mine are looking up very slightly.  I'm fine with it as it's extremely subtle.

AIL4fc9OB4cLP4BUwu_qN7AO_Ofhpka2eiGuh77F

Oh that looks MUCH better than the prototype. Pretty nice actually.

It's WAY past time for Hasbro to do more Mr. Fantastic stretchy pieces in Marvel Legends.  Mezco has an FF set with the main four plus HERBIE coming out soon, and Reed definitely has more stretchy parts shown below than any other Reed I've seen.  Not a fan of how puffy the cloth goods costumes look, but Thing, Reed's stretchy bits, Sue's power effects, and especially the way they nailed HERBIE will probably make me buy the set.

Hasbro did release the stretched-out Reed in the second pic below, but that was back in 2007 and they haven't done another like this again.  They did re-release the arms from that one that have bendy-wires in them with their Walgreens exclusive Reed from 2018, but the torso and legs on that one were normal.

7ee08bbef3f44b6a94c4c7f36a715d1dxl.jpg

IMG_1980.1.jpg

On 8/1/2023 at 6:20 AM, Cat said:

I got Legacy Dead End today, so my Menasor is FINALLY complete, as I now have a complete team of Stunticons. It's only taken me 6 months! 

Did you see today's Hasbro Pulse release?

On 8/1/2023 at 5:31 AM, fantastic_four said:

Got the Marvel Select Mr. Fantastic this week pictured below.  I was hoping to use the wrap effect in one major way

Marvel_FF_002.jpg

Would he be able to hold a beer can?  That looks like a great koozie!

GetImage.aspx?c=4139376&t=Full&f=Rev&cb=OC8xLzIwMjMgMzozMjozNCBQTQ==GetImage.aspx?c=4139376&t=Full&f=Obv&cb=OC8xLzIwMjMgMzozMjozNCBQTQ==

I was at the counter of Gamestop with my brother when I mentioned "POP's" were on sale, he said any you like, to which I responded that I own this comic and would look nice together. He bought it for me, which turned out to be a blessing, as we had to return when the employee had messed up the original purchases. It was upon our return that I got the pop!

The Kindness of his heart makes it that much more appreciated. 

It is HOT OUTSIDE! hm

On 8/2/2023 at 4:00 AM, Gonzimodo said:

Did you see today's Hasbro Pulse release?

I did, but they're all slightly different to the ones I got, so I've got that going for me, which is nice. 

Edit: But seriously, we've known about that box set for months now, and I had already committed by then, I had 2 of them I think, so I figured I may as well get the rest. It was Dead End that caused me the most grief. If not for him I would have been done months ago. 

The only one I like better from the boxset is Breakdown's altmode, it's more Countachey, but good on you for anyone for chooses to go that route, it certainly makes for a nice set right out of the box. 

Edited by Cat

On 8/2/2023 at 1:31 AM, fantastic_four said:

It's WAY past time for Hasbro to do more Mr. Fantastic stretchy pieces in Marvel Legends.  Mezco has an FF set with the main four plus HERBIE coming out soon, and Reed definitely has more stretchy parts shown below than any other Reed I've seen.  Not a fan of how puffy the cloth goods costumes look, but Thing, Reed's stretchy bits, Sue's power effects, and especially the way they nailed HERBIE will probably make me buy the set.

Hasbro did release the stretched-out Reed in the second pic below, but that was back in 2007 and they haven't done another like this again.  They did re-release the arms from that one that have bendy-wires in them with their Walgreens exclusive Reed from 2018, but the torso and legs on that one were normal.

IMG_1980.1.jpg

I had that Mezco set preordered. But after a year and a half of being late, with no sign of it actually being produced any time soon, I decided I'd had enough and wanted my deposit for other things. BBTS refunded me the deposit as 'a one-time courtesy' as it was a non-refundable deposit. Afaic they broke the contract by being over 18 months late and still being unable to provide any inkling of a set shipping date. But whatever, there was no drama to it, and I got my money back quickly, so all's well that ends well. 

On 8/2/2023 at 4:39 PM, Cat said:
On 8/1/2023 at 11:31 AM, fantastic_four said:

IMG_1980.1.jpg

Expand  

I had that Mezco set preordered. But after a year and a half of being late, with no sign of it actually being produced any time soon, I decided I'd had enough and wanted my deposit for other things. BBTS refunded me the deposit as 'a one-time courtesy' as it was a non-refundable deposit. Afaic they broke the contract by being over 18 months late and still being unable to provide any inkling of a set shipping date. But whatever, there was no drama to it, and I got my money back quickly, so all's well that ends well.

It should be easy to get once it's out anyway.  I had it pre-ordered with Dorkside Toys because they didn't require a deposit, but they went out of business.  I'll probably wait for clearance since their recent Wolverine was available for half off a few months after it released.  The FF set doesn't look like it will sell well due to the high price point.

Today I received MFT Springer, a 3rd party Legends scale figure of the Transformers character Springer. Very nice figure, very happy with it. Unfortunately I was not so happy with my other parcel that arrived yesterday. 

On Sunday night I ordered the Amazon exclusive Transformers Leadfoot and Masterdominus 2 pack. I got the set for Leadfoot. I'm not interedted in Fossilisers, but I really wanted Leadfoot, and the set was down to a very reasonable price. This is what I received in the mail. 100% real. 

20230802_163853.thumb.jpg.a06da1d6df4974393a8a6dd110f6d7df.jpg

Yep, shipping sticker just affixed to the packaging of the figures, and mailed that way. They didn't even use a bloody box! As you can see everything got banged up, and I find this absolutely unacceptable, as they know these are going out to collectors. The least they could do is put them in a damn box. Miraculously the figures inside were fine, and Leadfoot is one of my favourite Hasbro figures in a long time. His colourscheme is striking, and he really is the best use of the Mirage mold weve had (sorry Mirage). Masterdominus I need to spend more time with, but as is he has a nice paintjob, but the whole Fossiliser gimmick just leaves me cold. I'll probably sell him, to be perfectly honest, something I never do with Transformers. This guy is just such a nothing to me. Leadfoot luckily steals the show. 

I'm appalled at Amazon's treatment of my parcel though. Not even a bloody box!? 

On 8/2/2023 at 1:57 PM, Cat said:

Today I received MFT Springer, a 3rd party Legends scale figure of the Transformers character Springer. Very nice figure, very happy with it. Unfortunately I was not so happy with my other parcel that arrived yesterday. 

On Sunday night I ordered the Amazon exclusive Transformers Leadfoot and Masterdominus 2 pack. I got the set for Leadfoot. I'm not interedted in Fossilisers, but I really wanted Leadfoot, and the set was down to a very reasonable price. This is what I received in the mail. 100% real. 

Yep, shipping sticker just affixed to the packaging of the figures, and mailed that way. They didn't even use a bloody box! As you can see everything got banged up, and I find this absolutely unacceptable, as they know these are going out to collectors. The least they could do is put them in a damn box. Miraculously the figures inside were fine, and Leadfoot is one of my favourite Hasbro figures in a long time. His colourscheme is striking, and he really is the best use of the Mirage mold weve had (sorry Mirage). Masterdominus I need to spend more time with, but as is he has a nice paintjob, but the whole Fossiliser gimmick just leaves me cold. I'll probably sell him, to be perfectly honest, something I never do with Transformers. This guy is just such a nothing to me. Leadfoot luckily steals the show. 

I noticed in certain purchases from Amazon, during checkout there is an option to have your item boxed.  If you don’t check that you want it boxed, it’ll be shipped out in its original packaging.  Not saying this is the case at all.

Years ago Amazon was shipping their exclusive Predaking reissue this exact same way.  Apparently they never listened to customers complaints. 

Edited by Miketimus_Prime

On 8/2/2023 at 5:58 PM, Miketimus_Prime said:
On 8/2/2023 at 4:57 PM, Cat said:

Expand  

I noticed in certain purchases from Amazon, during checkout there is an option to have your item boxed.  If you don’t check that you want it boxed, it’ll be shipped out in its original packaging.  Not saying this is the case at all.

Years ago Amazon was shipping their exclusive Predaking reissue this exact same way.  Apparently they never listened to customers complaints. 

Yea they've had that checkbox for boxing exclusives for a few years now, since at least 2019.  It's easy to not know they have it though because when you don't check it they still sometimes put it in a separate box.  I didn't start checking it until 2021, but I never got their exclusives without a separate box myself despite ordering 4 or 5 before that.  I only knew about it because I saw people in the Fwoosh action figure forums complain about shipping stickers on the original box.

Edited by fantastic_four

On 8/2/2023 at 4:57 PM, Cat said:

I started boycotting Amazon a while back due to an issue I had with them stealing money from me (long story), but this doesn't surprise me, they really blow. That being said, the Leadfoot figure IS great. It was already a cool mold, but that deco really makes it sing. I also sold my Fossilizers. I'm glad people enjoy that stuff, but it's not for me.

On 8/3/2023 at 8:51 AM, F For Fake said:

I started boycotting Amazon a while back due to an issue I had with them stealing money from me (long story), but this doesn't surprise me, they really blow. That being said, the Leadfoot figure IS great. It was already a cool mold, but that deco really makes it sing. I also sold my Fossilizers. I'm glad people enjoy that stuff, but it's not for me.

How do you guys not get everything in boxes?  I have heard of others that have had your issue but have never experienced it first hand before. 

And I order the majority of what I need from Amazon.  I do not have time in my life to drive around and "search" to see if someone actually has something in stock anymore.  Each order is an individual purchase btw so if they throw things in the same box so be it.

Out of 102 orders so far this year, (few things like the toys are preorders) I have not had anything but boxes or bubble wrapped items. 

BTW:  I even needed luggage and the same Samsonite suitcase I wanted was cheaper by $50 on Amazon as it was locally. 

Screenshot 2023-08-03 at 10.27.10 AM.png

On 8/3/2023 at 10:30 AM, Buzzetta said:

How do you guys not get everything in boxes?  I have heard of others that have had your issue but have never experienced it first hand before. 

And I order the majority of what I need from Amazon.  I do not have time in my life to drive around and "search" to see if someone actually has something in stock anymore.  Each order is an individual purchase btw so if they throw things in the same box so be it.

Out of 102 orders so far this year, (few things like the toys are preorders) I have not had anything but boxes or bubble wrapped items. 

BTW:  I even needed luggage and the same Samsonite suitcase I wanted was cheaper by $50 on Amazon as it was locally. 

Screenshot 2023-08-03 at 10.27.10 AM.png

I've never had the box issue that the others are talking about, so I can't comment on that. My issue involves a refund that they owed me, that after several months of back and forth with customer service, my bank, etc they haven't paid. So I just don't use them anymore. I'm quite confident that they will never notice my absence, but I just can't do business with a company that lied to me repeatedly, even if they are often convenient and affordable. Don't begrudge anyone else using them, and I'm sure it's a cutting off my nose to spite my face scenario, but I just can't do it.

On 8/3/2023 at 10:30 AM, Buzzetta said:

How do you guys not get everything in boxes?

From what I can tell based upon people complaining about it on the Fwoosh and testing it myself Amazon only ships out toys in the manufacturer's packaging with no separate box for their own exclusives.

This test will demonstrate it--add a random non-exclusive toy to an Amazon cart, add an Amazon-exclusive toy to the same cart, go to checkout, and look at each line item on the checkout page.  The exclusive toy will have the text "Item arrives in packaging that shows what’s inside. To hide it, choose Ship in Amazon packaging" in the item description, but the non-exclusive toy won't.  This test should work with almost anything, but I did it with a randomly-selected Marvel Legends for the non-exclusive and the exclusive Marvel Legends Killmonger.

It's quite subtle, and I didn't notice it until people on the Fwoosh complained about it.  I know for sure a few times I've forgotten to select it yet still received the item in separate Amazon packaging, so it's clear that Amazon employees mostly don't even pay attention to this, but obviously sometimes they do as Cat learned with his ruined Transformers box.

On 8/3/2023 at 3:36 PM, Buzzetta said:

Coming to Japan.

They are releasing a G1 Optimus Prime with modern articulation. 

No official images yet. 

Screenshot 2023-08-03 at 3.35.11 PM.png

Yeah, pretty excited about this. There are also images of Megatron floating around, but those have been confirmed as fake.