• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,395 posts in this topic

On 9/28/2023 at 9:09 AM, comicwiz said:

Consider yourself fortunate to have not had your life threatened. 9_9

I assume this happened on his failure of a VV page, which he's blocked me from. If it's in any other group, feel free to PM me which one.

He's hitched his narrative onto the bandwagon of some of the worst people I've ever seen in any hobby, whose only intent is to perpetuate a diabolical hate/divisiveness. He has no interest in educating, it's all about flexing and showing newcomers he's some "expert", and most have fallen for it. This guy not only doesn't know his head from his @ss, but he's also a scamming liar who is quick to anger and threaten, and should not be trusted.

The enlightened few of us know better. (thumbsu

I’ll PM you more later 😂 

On 9/26/2023 at 4:04 AM, Buzzetta said:

All I did was mention in a thread that I did not believe in collecting this way as there were too many inconsistencies and a guy by the name, Wolff Lipinski (I assume from Variant Villains going by his FB profile) jumped in to let me know I am "wrong".  I don't think I will be getting any Christmas tidings this year from the Lipinski household.  

Is this the same Wolff that repainted a Boba Fett to make his own variant some years ago? 

On 9/30/2023 at 9:59 AM, Cat said:

Is this the same Wolff that repainted a Boba Fett to make his own variant some years ago? 

No, idea to be honest. 

Please link me to some evidence that you have for that. Heh, if you do I will revisit that thread from a couple of weeks ago and ask him about it. 

"Heeeey was talking about this conversation, are you the same guy that... "

lol 

On 10/1/2023 at 2:01 AM, Buzzetta said:

No, idea to be honest. 

Please link me to some evidence that you have for that. Heh, if you do I will revisit that thread from a couple of weeks ago and ask him about it. 

"Heeeey was talking about this conversation, are you the same guy that... "

lol 

WBobaFett is his username? That Wolff? There was some dodginess with him some time ago, I'm sure of it. I'm getting so much noise in my search results it's impossible to find. Plus it's nearly 4am here and my sleeping tablets are bound to kick in any minute now. I'll keep searching tomorrow. 

Here's an interview. Note he works as an art restorer. http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com/collector-interview-4-wolff-aka-wbobafett/

This is a pic Mattel provided showing the ball joints in the brachiosaurus's neck.  I took this pic from a Youtube video that Mattel has up discussing their design for the brachiosaurus.

ADCreHciSYZOtpTWRy_Bi0UTDFKNs_dR0FVs3pQ8

On 10/3/2023 at 6:07 PM, fantastic_four said:

They must be price matching another retailer... wonder which one.  hm

lol But I couldn't help myself.  I figure if I ever want I can have a speeder bike chase now that I have four of them.   I already owned two of this release and one from a former release. 

I am not even counting the white one that came with the Hoth BMF AT-AT

This guy showed up today, and I'm so excited I had to share even though I haven't taken him out yet. Once I get past senior photo season I plan to take pics of a bunch of recent figure pickups and share some impressions, but for now, here he is in-box with a couple of the promo photos:

IMG_94572.thumb.JPG.7fe047ff4b6db47467d46d6f8280f63b.JPG

IMG_9431.JPG.c00ab145a59616fbbfce82a1d43a4104.JPG'

IMG_9430.JPG.f775c6dfe041b82f557b245ac367146a.JPG

Well, I'm pissed. I'm a big mortal Kombat fan and before the recent McFarlane line there was a line by Mezco. I had the entire line except for one - Scorpion, whose kinda a key character to have (in talking 6 inch here, they also did a 12 inch line which I have and a smaller 4 inch line which I never got into). Finally found a seller with a decent looking Scorpion for a decent asking price. $166AU for an 8 year old figure, but with eBay discounts bought it down to about $140ish, for the sake of argument. 

Here's the auction page, check out the pictures. https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/195642271114

Here is what I received, and how I recevied it. (info blacked out is my own dox) Screenshot_20231010_072559_Gallery.thumb.jpg.d3f382224d3bb26b3d32448b54b2fb80.jpg

They couldn't even give me the courtesy of using a bloody box. It was sent in a bag, marked 'FRAGILE' on the other side, and covered in layers of bubble tape. Now the layers of bubble tape, plus I'm assuming the general postage process, has cause deep spidervein cracks all over the card, along with bends and NCBs that were not in the ebay  picture. Also note something else, the whopping great big price sticker covering the upper left quadrant of the card. That's most definitely not on the one in the photos. What the hell?! I'm furious. I wasted around $144-something AU on trash, absolute trash. This was not going to be opened, my collection is a MOC collection. 

How and why do sellers do this? Not even giving me the courtesy of a box? And thinking "oh he'd love to have our massive price sticker on the front covering up some of the other damage we didn't show." 

Naturally I've put in a complaint to eBay about it, well see where that goes. If no bueno on the results, I've got PayPal, and if I'm still not satisfied I'll go to my card provider. I had to take a step back after my initial entry into the" Can you tell us where we wrong with the transaction? " question elicited a response from me of" Seller is too stupid to use a box."

What a waste of a perfectly good figure. The seller by the way, is starboard-games, so I'd recommend adding them to your lists. 

Now I'm stuck waiting for a response. Returning is  a hassle. I did tell them I'd keep it at half the price paid, as frankly, that all I think it's worth, and even that's being kind. I don't know if that was the wisest decision, but it's a starting point. They reject that offer, and it'll be a total refund, with all costs paid for by them. 

I'm bloody outraged! 

On 10/9/2023 at 3:44 PM, Cat said:

They couldn't even give me the courtesy of using a bloody box. It was sent in a bag, marked 'FRAGILE' on the other side, and covered in layers of bubble tape.

That is reckless.  I would be sending it back for a refund. I'd go for a refund for my return shipping charges... and I'd ship it back in a plastic bag.

And definitely leave negative feedback. The only comment you need for that is "Shipped MOC figure in a plastic bag. Ruined"

On 10/10/2023 at 12:26 PM, Turnando said:

That is reckless.  I would be sending it back for a refund. I'd go for a refund for my return shipping charges... and I'd ship it back in a plastic bag.

And definitely leave negative feedback. The only comment you need for that is "Shipped MOC figure in a plastic bag. Ruined"

I talked to eBay this morning. They've approved the refund, and they've approved me sending it back the same way it was sent to me. It is tempting to just use a plastic bag with "FrAgIlE" marked on it in Sharpie, lol That'd be an upgrade to what I got. 

Plus they're damn liars. The one in the photos had no price stickers. Especially not a big one over the most heavily-damaged area. 

I don't trust them one bit and I've already left them negative feedback. A reverse of this picture, showing the 'FRAGILE' side of the packaging, so they can't get it taken down for doxing, and here's what I wrote:'Seller didn't even send out expensive item in a box, instead opting for a mailing bag. You can imagine what thst did to the condition of the figure's card. I inserted a photo but all the CBC's and torn bits of cardboard are difficult to see in the light. They also used false auction images, as the item pictured was clean of any price stickers, but the one I received had a massive price sticker conveniently covering up the worst area of damage on the figure's packaging. AVOID THIS SELLER! MISERY!'

'Misery' seemed to be the best word that came to mind with my 6 remaining letters. It also accurately summed up the transaction. 

This is possibly the best Luke figure to come out.  Hasbro keeps outdoing itself with Luke’s at this scale from ROTJ Jedi Knight to Mandalorian Jedi and now the Jedi Academy figure.  The ONLY flaw is that I would have liked a peg hole to clip the lightsaber hilt onto AND the $27.99 price tag.  Ouch 🤕 

I'm writing this from the subway and thought I had other pics on my phone so I will take close up pics later. 

IMG_7324.jpeg

On 10/9/2023 at 9:11 PM, Cat said:

It is tempting to just use a plastic bag with "FrAgIlE" marked on it in Sharpie, lol That'd be an upgrade to what I got. 

I think your seller was in line in front of me at the Post Office today.

Dude was mailing something in one of those ridiculous white plastic mailing bags. 

Post Office guy asks, "Anything hazardous, fragile, or perishable in the package?".... and the guy answers, "Yes.  Fragile.  Cheapest method please."