• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,470 posts in this topic

On 5/21/2024 at 8:08 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

And the Raphael in the middle bottom of pic 3 (with the brain-looking head) is the Metaluna Raph, and is like a $150-200 figure loose.

So much to remember throughout all genres, I used to run into smaller items but never knew what I was looking at lol

Plus it's not like a comic title where you can just type it in either, ha!

On 5/21/2024 at 6:08 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

And the Raphael in the middle bottom of pic 3 (with the brain-looking head) is the Metaluna Raph, and is like a $150-200 figure loose.

Are you kidding me?!! 

Funny, the two you mentioned both have lobster claws lol

On 5/20/2024 at 6:47 PM, Senormac said:

My son (who is 39) had to move to Phoenix Az. for work and didn't want these old Turtle action figures anymore.  They were his when he was a kid and are NOT NMIB !!  lol

I was thinking of putting them on craigslist but decided to run it by you guys first.  Anything good here?   Maybe a Christmas raffle offering?  

I notice a number of them in the top row have broken/ missing right arms. Weird no left arms are broke.  

zzzFullSizeR.jpge.thumb.jpg.84f87e885b770f06d8a16f3d667e3691.jpg

Top row next to Mantenna is a Lanard "The Corps" military figure and then the rest of the row I believe are all Mighty Max playsets. I just sold the spider one last night, in fact. Lol.

The vehicle in between the rows of figures is a Star Wars Snowspeeder. If it's all metal then it's vintage, if plastic then it's the modern Galoob version.

Yellow TMNT figure bottom right is Tattoo, red one on the left is Groundchuck, then moving right you have Bebop, Rocksteady, Splinter, Slash, and Shredder on the far right.

Above Shredder is Ghengis Frog, and to the left of him is Rat King.

Are they doing a new Blackhole movie or something since I have been seeing a lot of that merchandise on Facebook?  Remember my 45 record and book when I was a kid.

On 5/22/2024 at 12:02 PM, whisp said:

Are they doing a new Blackhole movie or something since I have been seeing a lot of that merchandise on Facebook?  Remember my 45 record and book when I was a kid.

No, one has been in development hell for ages but nothing going forward is concrete...all rumors.

No BH merchandise is new save for the ReAction figures from a couple years ago and then the Diamond Select figures a few years before that. Then? You'd go to the Medicom small figures several years before that. All three sets were basically VinCENT, Maximilian and Old BOB. No other modern figures were made. :(

On 5/22/2024 at 2:20 PM, shadroch said:

$3, sold as missing two pieces,but they were under the tray

Looks like you're missing the 2 blue pieces that make up the stand for the Enterprise, Bill.

Posted (edited)
On 5/20/2024 at 6:47 PM, Senormac said:

My son (who is 39) had to move to Phoenix Az. for work and didn't want these old Turtle action figures anymore.  They were his when he was a kid and are NOT NMIB !!  lol

I was thinking of putting them on craigslist but decided to run it by you guys first.  Anything good here?   Maybe a Christmas raffle offering?  

I notice a number of them in the top row have broken/ missing right arms. Weird no left arms are broke.  

zzzFullSizeR.jpge.thumb.jpg.84f87e885b770f06d8a16f3d667e3691.jpg

zzzturtlesb.thumb.jpg.5cb38a55d3786675919bd55bec30ce04.jpg

zzzFullSizeR.thumb.jpg.6856444447b6d0c343d1a49100c3f628.jpg

I am not 100% on this but my understanding was the soft head figures where recalls and worth a bit more so should check all the 1988 series ones for a soft head vs hard head for TMNT.

Edited by whisp

On 5/23/2024 at 7:30 AM, whisp said:

I am not 100% on this but my understanding was the soft head figures where recalls and worth a bit more so should check all the 1988 series ones for a soft head vs hard head for TMNT.

That's interesting..  How soft are we talking about here.  None of them are "flexible" that I can notice.  I think I'll put them on the bay (with better pictures) and let them go for what they will.  

On 5/15/2024 at 9:34 PM, whisp said:

Finally finished a 1982 Hawk figure so that I could have the OG 13 complete with all the 82 vehicles be it 1982/83 figures.  Been waiting awhile to fix my original Hawk and do this picture.  Just need one more of those UZi's to be 100% complete.

image.thumb.jpeg.ff695492ecb630ec755eb4435d398bea.jpeg

Congratulations on a great collection!

On 5/23/2024 at 11:28 AM, Senormac said:

That's interesting..  How soft are we talking about here.  None of them are "flexible" that I can notice.  I think I'll put them on the bay (with better pictures) and let them go for what they will.  

Should be able to squish their heads unlike the hard head plastic ones that are a hard plastic.

On 5/24/2024 at 3:57 PM, SpineTic said:

Screenshot_20240524_155449_Email.thumb.jpg.07ef14b4045042adde5cb4d195b576a2.jpg

Got this email earlier today and as soon as I read the scale they'll be producing, I lost interest. Would've been more enticing had they kept with the standard 7" line that uncle Todd's been making but I guess that would make it a conflict of interest with Marvel's 6" legends line. Pretty sure the detail is gonna be top notch on the sculpts but it's gonna really have to grab my attention to invest in the new line. (shrug)

On 5/24/2024 at 7:22 PM, B2D327 said:

Got this email earlier today and as soon as I read the scale they'll be producing, I lost interest. Would've been more enticing had they kept with the standard 7" line that uncle Todd's been making but I guess that would make it a conflict of interest with Marvel's 6" legends line. Pretty sure the detail is gonna be top notch on the sculpts but it's gonna really have to grab my attention to invest in the new line. (shrug)

Plus it looks like it's "posed figures..." So basically cheap statues. I'm personally not a fan.

Also, obviously they were going to do this pose as one of the most iconic McFarlane Spideys, but then why not choose a 300 or even 301 reprint as the pack-in comic?

mcfarlane-toys-is-doing-marvel-v0-tronkikpdf2d1.thumb.webp.898ea28f3cb49e83480365363d10c135.webp

Could I ask a favour please, of my American friends? While you're out and about, could you please check the toy aisle, for the following 2 figures for me: McFarlane JLA Wave Superman Red. 

Superman-Red-PlatinumEdition-JLA-Front.jpg.a2c396a6fd69c0bacd9f5853369666fc.jpg

JLA Wave Mosaic Variant (officially known as Platinum Editions, this goes for Supes too) John Stewart. Please note the costume, the regular version is just in the standard Lantern uniform, the Platinum Edition is in his Mosaic costume. 

dc-multiverse-jla-baf-plactic-man-green-lantern-john-stewart-787926156799platinum_1024x1024.jpg.7a0721dbf063c884043e25361dca2b03.jpg

If you can only find one, that'd be greatly appreciated, thank you. One is better than none. Please note NO INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING IS NECESSARY. You only have to ship to another US address of a good friend of mine. 

I thank any and every one of you who can help me obtain these figures. 

Thank you. 

@Chip Cataldo @F For Fake