• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,349 posts in this topic

On 4/11/2024 at 10:41 AM, B2D327 said:

Great score! (thumbsu

I remember getting the Rodan as a kid, dirt cheap from a clearance sale way back when but I can't for the life of me remember what happened to it.  

I had the Godzilla as a kid (and God knows where he went) but never had the Rodan. I've watched them online for years, but was really wanting to find one in person at a decent price. He's not perfect, but he's good enough for now!

Been spending some time IDing parts today, I have this totally random assortment of stuff left. I think most of it is literally junk, but I'm mostly curious abou tthe black thing cicled in blue, if anyone recognizes it. I've ID'd everything that is crossed out in red. The rest of the stuff I'm assuming is junk or not worth IDing, but anyone sees something they recognize, let me know!

Oh, and if anyone knows what line these little army guys came from, that would be cool too! :) 

IMG_9462.JPG

IMG_9465.JPG

IMG_9466.JPG

Oh and I know the one guy at the top is a Terminator figure, but don't recognize the yeller feller, if anyone of you do. Thanks again!

And one last request sent into the ether. My Toy Fu apparently isn't what it used to be, I can't seem to find these, feels obvious but i'm not coming up with it. If you know, I'll send you a virtual hug!

IMG_9454.JPG

On 4/11/2024 at 12:53 PM, F For Fake said:

Been spending some time IDing parts today, I have this totally random assortment of stuff left. I think most of it is literally junk, but I'm mostly curious abou tthe black thing cicled in blue, if anyone recognizes it. I've ID'd everything that is crossed out in red. The rest of the stuff I'm assuming is junk or not worth IDing, but anyone sees something they recognize, let me know!

Oh, and if anyone knows what line these little army guys came from, that would be cool too! :) 

That part I put the red square around is from the GI Joe snake armor.  You put it inside instead of a figure to hold the armor together.

https://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/83/snake/

snake.jpg.bf8e45a1f369bb3a41955f57fae82c8b.jpg

Edited by whisp

On 4/11/2024 at 3:09 PM, whisp said:

That part I put the red square around is from the GI Joe snake armor.  You put it inside instead of a figure to hold the armor together.

https://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/83/snake/

snake.jpg.bf8e45a1f369bb3a41955f57fae82c8b.jpg

AWESOME! Thanks bud! I hadn't even looked at Joe parts, because everything I picked up looks to be Micronauts/Transformers/Starriors, etc. Didn't even think about checking the Joe guide. Much appreciated!

On 4/11/2024 at 3:22 PM, F For Fake said:

AWESOME! Thanks bud! I hadn't even looked at Joe parts, because everything I picked up looks to be Micronauts/Transformers/Starriors, etc. Didn't even think about checking the Joe guide. Much appreciated!

Np.

Hard to tell but that long yellow spike looks like a tent peg from this angle lol.

On 4/11/2024 at 3:39 PM, whisp said:

Np.

Hard to tell but that long yellow spike looks like a tent peg from this angle lol.

I thought the same thing, that's probably exactly what it is!

On 4/11/2024 at 3:44 PM, whisp said:

The brown U sandbags is from Tonka according to this ebay listing.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265664365315

Wow, thanks man! 

On 4/11/2024 at 3:39 PM, whisp said:

Np.

On 4/11/2024 at 3:43 PM, F For Fake said:

I thought the same thing, that's probably exactly what it is!

After seeing tons of bushcraft and camping videos, I'm inclined to believe that's exactly what it is

On 4/11/2024 at 5:44 PM, B2D327 said:

After seeing tons of bushcraft and camping videos, I'm inclined to believe that's exactly what it is

All right, the verdict is in: this is not a toy! ha Very good, thanks guys!

So this is what I am talking about when it come to the 1982/1983 Snake Eyes and Steeler (Mobat driver).  They both came with the same Uzi's.  But there is two types, rounded and one that squared off with a point.  My understanding was that 1982 is rounded and original mold and then 1983 they brought the originals back 1.5 and that was new molds.  So when they redid the molds my understanding is that they would upgrade the design so the Uzi got changed and the points where added to make it look more realistic.  However I have looked at sealed copies of Mobat and Snake Eyes carded and seen them have both.  People do reseals, check yojoe and 3djoes it goes back and fourth.  Rounded in 82 and pointy in 83.  I thought until today accessory pack only came with one type which one person showed me pointy but yet I had a round one due to the pack came later.  Then I got a pointy one today.  It makes me assume they just kept using both molds since for two figures and they intertwined or there was actually a difference between SE and Steeler.  Makes my brain hurt lol.  Pics for reference.  I have a Steeler I bought that came with round.  Second pic is SE with a satchel as reference vs the accessory pack.

image.thumb.jpeg.444034de837b1cc97d9a4ee4a2c8a3ea.jpeg

image.jpeg.44f1b18d645760a9fa5bc91e56787646.jpeg

On 4/12/2024 at 4:24 PM, whisp said:

So this is what I am talking about when it come to the 1982/1983 Snake Eyes and Steeler (Mobat driver).  They both came with the same Uzi's.  But there is two types, rounded and one that squared off with a point.  My understanding was that 1982 is rounded and original mold and then 1983 they brought the originals back 1.5 and that was new molds.  So when they redid the molds my understanding is that they would upgrade the design so the Uzi got changed and the points where added to make it look more realistic.  However I have looked at sealed copies of Mobat and Snake Eyes carded and seen them have both.  People do reseals, check yojoe and 3djoes it goes back and fourth.  Rounded in 82 and pointy in 83.  I thought until today accessory pack only came with one type which one person showed me pointy but yet I had a round one due to the pack came later.  Then I got a pointy one today.  It makes me assume they just kept using both molds since for two figures and they intertwined or there was actually a difference between SE and Steeler.  Makes my brain hurt lol.  Pics for reference.  I have a Steeler I bought that came with round.  Second pic is SE with a satchel as reference vs the accessory pack.

image.thumb.jpeg.444034de837b1cc97d9a4ee4a2c8a3ea.jpeg

image.jpeg.44f1b18d645760a9fa5bc91e56787646.jpeg

I can’t imagine how many of the originals were lost in parks and backyards 42 years ago. Me and some of my friends would take our action figures outside to create battle scenes on the grass and I’d always come home with missing or mismatched weapons. I’m sure trying to find the originals has to be a nightmare for some collectors :facepalm:

Something a bit different...

These are Sealed Space Ship miniatures made by Eisenwerk Miniatures from 1977-79 for their proprietary SpaceTek battle system (comparable with Starfleet Battles). Pretty much nothing about the miniatures or company exist on the internet except a couple references and one reddit picture similar to mine asking what they were.

All-in-all they are probably worthless due to being obscure, from the late 70's, and no fan base.... But they are pretty neat hunks of pure lead.

image.thumb.jpeg.4a87cc58c33132e79117dea8d7af6a7a.jpeg

On 4/11/2024 at 9:53 AM, F For Fake said:

IMG_9462.JPG

cutter.jpg

This looks like a magic trick I had as a kid, the basic idea is it has what looks like a moving blade that you can pull out the top, you put something in the larger hole, and you push it down.  The blade appears in the lower hole but has passed through whatever was in the bigger hole.

I say "blade", it was a piece of semi-tough plastic.  It might cut a soft french fry in the lower hole on a good day; it couldn't break skin.

Edited by OtherEric

On 4/13/2024 at 2:52 AM, OtherEric said:

cutter.jpg

This looks like a magic trick I had as a kid, the basic idea is it has what looks like a moving blade that you can pull out the top, you put something in the larger hole, and you push it down.  The blade appears in the lower hole but has passed through whatever was in the bigger hole.

I say "blade", it was a piece of semi-tough plastic.  It might cut a soft french fry in the lower hole on a good day; it couldn't break skin.

I love it! This is the sort of thing I'd have had no idea about, and now I get the identification AND a good story! Can't beat it, thanks!