• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,347 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Nice pic!  How'd you attach that Iron Man repulsor effect to the end of the Snake Eyes uzi?

Thank you! Good eye. I had to very carefully drill a small hole for the tip of the Uzi to go in.... I keep telling myself i need one of those hand drills people use for minitures but they are $30. Still it's hard keeping a steady hand using a powered machine. I used a dremel in this case.

Hello all!

I hope everybody is healthy, happy, and only slightly stir-crazy from the world being on hold. 

It’s been a *great* week for Funko Pop hunting (online of course). I managed to pick up the SDCC Metallic Deadpool & complete the wife’s Lilo & Stitch set. I‘ve still got one Deadpool to find before getting the set I want (Inverse Deadpool). I’m not worried about the Freddy Funko ones. 

I got sniped out of a couple of SDCC Disney Pop’s that were selling for around half of Pop Price Guide value (Blue Suit Mr. Incredible, Metallic Mike Wazowski, Sully w/ Boo), but hopefully those will come around again at a more affordable price. 

Take care, have fun, & don’t get any on you!

15 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

I figured this would happen, but not this quickly--that Snake Eyes deluxe edition listed for $40 but is now sold out, and it already goes for $130 to $150 on eBay.  :whatthe:

Yeah, saw that last week.  I'm now kicking myself for not buying at the Hasbro website :pullhair: thinking that $50 was high lol

On 4/9/2020 at 6:58 PM, followtheleader said:

I'm going to keep posting.  Seems to be the only fun anymore. 

G1 Blurr

Oh yeah, Targetmaster edition!

Beautiful shape.  White chest area is notorious for heavy scratching/rubs.

Patrick

20200222_213310.jpg

Super clean! Congrats on the find and keep on posting!

On 4/10/2020 at 9:18 AM, Buzzetta said:

I just sold him for much more... but regretted it as it was being shipped out... 

Picked him up for $10 on Facebook AND he is in better shape than the one I sold AND it came with the file card. 

IMG_7390.jpeg

IMG_7400.jpeg

I love this version of Snake Eyes! I’m hoping to come across one of these “paintball” Snake Eyes soon

9 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

I love this version of Snake Eyes! I’m hoping to come across one of these “paintball” Snake Eyes soon

I made sure to pick up the Dollar General update as well.  My only disappointment with the modern line was that they never did an update of the 93-94 Ninja Snake Eyes.  I really thought that figure would have been the final club exclusive. 

32858.jpg

Edited by Buzzetta

9 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

I got a great deal on this straight arm Zap. All the ones I’ve come across had broken thumbs. I’ll need to get him a thin handle bazooka later so mine doesn’t suffer the same fate lol

With Zap I’m happy to complete the original 16 line. :smile: I’m hoping to pick up a few vehicles in the near future. Mostly going after the early to mid 80s stuff. I’m trying to schedule an appointment this week with one of the local shops.

26EE3C7A-A6C6-46A6-9BFE-C0F013136383.jpeg

I wound up selling the 1.5 version that I picked up at NYCC for $125.  It was near perfect and I only had about $30 into him.  Zaps with all arms and complete thumbs are fetching a lot.  I had numerous offers for $100-115.  I wanted to stay firm on the price just to see what happened and someone eventually bought it. 

There are a lot of figures that have that flawed hand and thumb combo from the first few years.  Recondo comes to mind because the gun was not made for that right arm and snaps the thumb easily as well. 

On 3/30/2020 at 9:54 PM, followtheleader said:

What are people seeing for vintage toy prices? 
I really expected prices to dump with the craziness. 

But many seem to be holding their value pretty well. 

The Joe gentlemen from above told me he got nearly $2Gs for the Flagg.  Needless to say, I was stunned. 

Patrick

Haven't really witnessed any vintage dumping, at least not locally or in the groups I travel in. I think most collectors are content to wait this thing out, at least for the time being. If it stretches into summer convention season, that may start to change. But no panic selling on this end. I haven't had much for sale vintage wise, but I'm still selling Marvel Legends at a very good clip. My comic sales have slowed a bit but toys are doing fine for me.

On 4/9/2020 at 9:58 PM, followtheleader said:

I'm going to keep posting.  Seems to be the only fun anymore. 

G1 Blurr

Oh yeah, Targetmaster edition!

Beautiful shape.  White chest area is notorious for heavy scratching/rubs.

Patrick

20200222_213310.jpg

Love it. I remember buying that one right off of the shelves, either Zayre's or Target. It was the only Targetmaster I owned as a kid, I think. Such a great design.

On 4/10/2020 at 12:18 PM, Buzzetta said:

I just sold him for much more... but regretted it as it was being shipped out... 

Picked him up for $10 on Facebook AND he is in better shape than the one I sold AND it came with the file card. 

IMG_7390.jpeg

IMG_7400.jpeg

This was the only Snake Eyes I like other than the first two. I got this figure on Easter Sunday when it came out, great toy!

7 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

This was the only Snake Eyes I like other than the first two. I got this figure on Easter Sunday when it came out, great toy!

As a kid my go to Snake was a custom between V2 and V3...  I liked the V3 head on the V2 body.  I forget whether or not I swapped the arms and legs as well... but I know the V3 head on the V2 torso was my go to. 

Not plastic crack... but I like vintage Mickey Mouse stuff... 

When I was going through ToyScout1's listings (see the other thread started by the new guy) to look at his comic books I came across this... I did not like the condition so I found a far superior example from another seller for $60 shipped + tax - my eBay bucks.

I wanted my kindergarten lunchbox back... don't know why... I don't collect lunchboxes or anything like that... but I wanted this back.  It is in really really nice shape.  This was from a time period when I still had hopes and dreams lol 

Check it out, I am looking forward to getting it. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/333567542205

s-l1600-1.jpg

s-l1600-2.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

8 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

When I was going through ToyScout1's listings (see the other thread started by the new guy) to look at his comic books I came across this... I did not like the condition so I found a far superior example from another seller for $60 shipped + tax - my eBay bucks.

I wanted my kindergarten lunchbox back... don't know why... I don't collect lunchboxes or anything like that... but I wanted this back.  It is in really really nice shape.  This was from a time period when I still had hopes and dreams lol 

s-l1600-2.jpg

Those thermoses bring nostalgia period lol I don't know that I ever had one, but was always secretly jealous haha. Even in the late 80's when I'd still notice them in grade school, and they were seemingly phased out pretty quick after that it seemed :)  

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

s-l1600-1.jpg

s-l1600-2.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

LOVE IT, especially the colors. I do some vintage Duck stuff myself, but enjoy all old Disneyana.

Edit: And now that I see Scrooge is on there, I probably need one of these for myself!

Edited by F For Fake

Also, while I'm here, I guess it couldn't hurt to ask:

If any of you Joe collectors have a spare original Viper crotch for sale, hit me up. I haven't broken a Joe crotch since I was a kid, I am always SO careful. But a couple of weeks ago I was rearranging some shelves, and I guess I pushed down a little too hard putting a Viper into the seat of a Ferret, and suddenly SCHWING!, his wang popped off and went flying across to room. I cursed up a blue streak, I'll tell you what. Anyway, none of my usual sources have a spare, and I can't find one on eBay either, so I thought I'd try here. I'll probably end up having to part him out and just buy a whole new one figure, and it's not like I don't have a few other Vipers already, but man it burns me up to have a brokedick Joe sitting on the shelf!