• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,347 posts in this topic

Just amazing... 

Now... I have to ask... @fantastic_four this get's the army builders picking up a few... however, would Galactus had done even better with herald add ons? 

For me, personally, I think I might have pulled the trigger on a Galactus and Silver Surfer in this scale... so... where is the trade off?

Army build Sentinels or would Galactus have been more popular generating more or about the same numbers?

Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 2.40.46 PM.png

Edited by Buzzetta

My guess is army-builder Sentinel, and I base that on market prices for the 2010 Hasbro Sentinel and Galactus as well as the 2005 Toy Biz Sentinel build-a-figure that came with Legends figures.

The Marvel Universe Galactus released in 2010 in my experience is available in no more than half of the supply as the 2010 Marvel Universe Sentinel, but I think it's in far lower supply than even half.  I have no idea why that would be, but that's my experience in seeing how frequently they hit eBay, that the Sentinels hit at least twice as much as Galactus and frequently three to ten times as much.  Plus the Sentinel was re-released again in 2018, and if you include those the Sentinel is FAR more available.  As an example as of right now I see one Galactus on eBay, but I see many dozens of Sentinels.  That's completely normal from all I've seen over the last 1.5 years.

Market prices on the Hasbro Sentinel from any release year are about $130 to $180, and market prices on Galactus are $150 to $200, or $250 to $300 for a dark purple variant Galactus which is somewhat more comic-accurate (beyond the FF 48 to 50 run).  The dark purple variant is FAR more rare than the red-and-blue colored version; I probably see five or six per year on eBay.  So despite the fact that Galactus is MUCH rarer in any color, he doesn't go for significantly more than the Hasbro Sentinel that is available in comparatively huge supply.  Galactus goes for more, but not as much as you'd think given how rare he is.  If he were available as often as the Sentinel I have to assume the prices would drop significantly.

Add to that the Toy Biz Sentinel.  That one is far less available than the Hasbro Sentinel, but much more available than Galactus.  He sells for $150 to $250 on eBay.

So given that the existing Sentinels are far more available than the most-excellent Hasbro Galactus yet still sell for similar amounts--and they should sell for less since they're so much easier to find than Galactus--coupled with the army-building aspect of the character I'd say Galactus wouldn't have sold anywhere near as well as this Sentinel has even if you bundled him with half a dozen heralds.

I still think Galactus would sell second-best among every Haslab project I can imagine.  Vehicles aren't as popular for Marvel characters as Star Wars or GI Joe because Marvel characters have super-powers, and the powers are the main draw.  I'm convinced an Avengers Quinjet or X-Men Blackbird wouldn't do as well as either the Sentinel or Galactus.

The next obvious Haslab project is Galactus.  Next I'd guess Giant-Man, and it was rumored that's the one we were getting this time instead of the Sentinel.  Beyond that I have no great guesses.  Maybe a Quinjet or Blackbird, maybe a Celestial if the Eternals movie does well, maybe a small SHIELD Helicarrier.  No real idea, but Galactus is practically a given.

Edited by fantastic_four

8 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Add to that the Toy Biz Sentinel.  That one is far less available than the Hasbro Sentinel, but much more available than Galactus.  He sells for $150 to $250 on eBay.

Is it the Galactus BAF you are referring to above?

8 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

My guess is army-builder Sentinel, and I base that on market prices for the 2010 Hasbro Sentinel and Galactus as well as the 2005 Toy Biz Sentinel build-a-figure that came with Legends figures.

The Marvel Universe Galactus released in 2010 in my experience is available in no more than half of the supply as the 2010 Marvel Universe Sentinel, but I think it's in far lower supply than even half.  I have no idea why that would be, but that's my experience in seeing how frequently they hit eBay, that the Sentinels hit at least twice as much as Galactus and frequently three to ten times as much.  Plus the Sentinel was re-released again in 2018, and if you include those the Sentinel is FAR more available.  As an example as of right now I see one Galactus on eBay, but I see many dozens of Sentinels.  That's completely normal from all I've seen over the last 1.5 years.

Market prices on the Hasbro Sentinel from any release year are about $130 to $180, and market prices on Galactus are $150 to $200, or $250 to $300 for a dark purple variant Galactus which is somewhat more comic-accurate (beyond the FF 48 to 50 run).  The dark purple variant is FAR more rare than the red-and-blue colored version; I probably see five or six per year on eBay.  So despite the fact that Galactus is MUCH rarer in any color, he doesn't go for significantly more than the Hasbro Sentinel that is available in comparatively huge supply.  Galactus goes for more, but not as much as you'd think given how rare he is.  If he were available as often as the Sentinel I have to assume the prices would drop significantly.

So given that the existing Sentinels are far more available than the most-excellent Hasbro Galactus yet still sell for similar amounts--and they should sell for less since they're so much easier to find than Galactus--coupled with the army-building aspect of the character I'd say Galactus wouldn't have sold anywhere near as well as this Sentinel has even if you bundled him with half a dozen heralds.

I still think Galactus would sell second-best among every Haslab project I can imagine.  Vehicles aren't as popular for Marvel characters as Star Wars or GI Joe because Marvel characters have super-powers, and the powers are the main draw.  I'm convinced an Avengers Quinjet or X-Men Blackbird wouldn't do as well as either the Sentinel or Galactus.

The next obvious Haslab project is Galactus.  Next I'd guess Giant-Man, and it was rumored that's the one we were getting this time instead of the Sentinel.  Beyond that I have no great guesses.  Maybe a Quinjet or Blackbird, maybe a Celestial if the Eternals movie does well, maybe a small SHIELD Helicarrier.  No real idea, but Galactus is practically a given.

That makes a lot of sense. If they did a Galactus the way they are doing this Sentinel with pack ins, alternate sculpted parts, maybe an additional herald or three, I would sign up that immediately. 

One last thing, for something like that, while I know you are a stickler for scale, but I have to admit that I would probably use a Marvel Universe scale Silver Surfer with him.  I always appreciated the version of Galactus that is around this size: 

ss48.jpg

galactus-jim-lee.jpg

7 hours ago, creaturefan95 said:
16 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Is it the Galactus BAF you are referring to above?

I was referring to the Marvel Universe Galactus.  I tend to forget the Galactus BAF exists.  It looks tremendous in sculpting detail, but it's just SO small.  It's far more available than the MU Galactus, about as available as the Sentinel BAF.  Market prices are usually $150 to $200.

7 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

One last thing, for something like that, while I know you are a stickler for scale, but I have to admit that I would probably use a Marvel Universe scale Silver Surfer with him.  I always appreciated the version of Galactus that is around this size: 

ss48.jpggalactus-jim-lee.jpg

That's not far from the original scale Kirby drew him at on the cover of FF #49 below.  The 1:18 scale Silver Surfer that came with the Marvel Universe Galactus at retail is about twice as big relative to Galactus as this, so yea, if they do a 3-foot version of the character then still using a 3.75" figure with that makes complete sense.

ff49.jpg

Anyone else watching the Transformers Hasbro Livestream?

This guy is LIT AF.  She is laughing at him, but there has got to be more than just water in that glass he is drinking from. 

Screen Shot 2020-07-17 at 9.57.51 AM.png

Lot of comments about this... 

To be honest, it's half amusing but very awkward. Will this guy have a job tomorrow? 

He is coming back for the GI Joe stream...   Just wow. 

Screen Shot 2020-07-17 at 10.06.07 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-17 at 10.09.16 AM.png

Edited by Buzzetta

GI Joe Retro Line is NOT a remold of o-ring figures.

So far the have shown 

Baroness - Looks to be from the TRU / Online 50th Release on vintage cardback

Stormshadow - 50th Release on vintage cardback 

Snake Eyes - POC / 50th Release on vintage cardback

Slightly retooled his tank - looks to be a new Hiss Tank driver but taken from pre-existing parts now repainted.. vintage box... 

Awe Striker - Looks to be straight repackage of the 25th version NOT the 50th with the add ons.  Crankcase is a straight 25th repack - vintage box. 

These are all walmart exclusives and go live at 11pm

Edited by Buzzetta

Wow...

Ok... so if you want the Autobot Two Pack of Iron Hide and Prowl which are Amazon exclusives there is a back door way to grab them

They posted this on TFW2005.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/add-item.html?asin.0=B07ZPL7DXZ&SubscriptionId=AKIAJKSHQVATNK6AEMJA&tag=transformers-20&linkCode=sp1&camp=2025&creative=386001&creativeASIN=B00VF5NT4I

That link allows you to add the two pack to your 'wishlist'   You HAVE to add it to your wishlist first and check out from there.  If you click the link itself it seems that you will be taken to a page that says the product does not exist. 

From there you open your wishlist and order it as normal.  That is what I just did and I checked out.  Maybe I keep it maybe I cancel... who knows...?  I learned the hard way once if you wait you lose out. 

For the seekers dirge and ramjet... 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/add-item.html?asin.0=B083VMBWCK&SubscriptionId=AKIAJKSHQVATNK6AEMJA&tag=transformers-20&linkCode=sp1&camp=2025&creative=386001&creativeASIN=B00VF5NT4I&fbclid=IwAR1FMuDHiSHn6gIqiyUYBNOAUxLilpfRqgMANex-CIqE2GPwkSllxJv2wHE

Edited by Buzzetta

Iron Hide and Prowl 2 Pack - Amazon Exclusive 

( we don't have SDCC reveals this year so this is the next best thing I guess)

image.thumb.png.175e29da7a0830b2c7fe3f58162ddba3.png

image.thumb.png.d550237ac8796a80102fab9220aa5f9b.png

Edited by Buzzetta

38 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Nice, thanks for all the info Buzz! I'd planned on skipping this stuff, but for $25 that's pretty nice!

5 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Nice, thanks for all the info Buzz! I'd planned on skipping this stuff, but for $25 that's pretty nice!

I have walmart exclusive bumblebee in my cart... don't know if I should check out or look for $15.01 more in stuff...  to get free shipping ($6 charge)

1 minute ago, Dave2739 said:

is it just me, or does the new Cable Marvel Legends figure look a tad bit like Thanos? :nyah:

Cable-03__scaled_600.jpg

You are focusing too much on the metallic arm and mistaking it for a gauntlet. 

On 7/17/2020 at 11:45 PM, Shadow Images said:

Picked up a couple new pieces today

E76D6F6A-74A3-4CB0-B6D3-9A31F144A556.jpeg

Nice! It's crazy what BATs are selling for these days.