• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
27 27

9,588 posts in this topic

On 7/10/2024 at 2:34 PM, F For Fake said:

I'll try to grab a pic tonight. Oh, he's still MOC! I never opened him! Should have mentioned that, but yeah, that was the first time in my life that I bought a toy as a "collectible", and didn't let myself open him up. That was VERY TRYING ha I really wanted to so many times, but obviously I'm glad I never did. 

That's fantastic, and of course being MOC that's now a choice piece in the line. :golfclap: Spanish or French card?

On 7/3/2024 at 12:38 AM, Buzzetta said:

An almost fatal mistake was made.

I bought this last year but finally got around to building it over the last couple of days.  It is over three feet tall.  My mistake?  I should have built it in the room I planned on keeping it in.  I built it in the living room and then had to gingerly carry it to the basement like a piece of fragile furniture once I was done to add it to the layout. 

Well worth it though and I highly recommend this set. 

IMG_5105.jpeg

Is that the Baxter Building?

On 7/10/2024 at 7:26 PM, FoggyNelson said:

Is that the Baxter Building?

Avengers Tower 

On 7/10/2024 at 7:15 PM, F For Fake said:

French! Here he is. As a kid I stupidly put a bit of sticky tack on the back of the card so it would stand up on a shelf to display. Hey, I was like 11  years old! I didn't know! But I did know to keep him clean and dusted and sealed. Fortunately the bubble hasn't yellowed (though the lighting in this pic makes it look a little cloudy.)

IMG_2292.JPG

IMG_2294.JPG

IMG_2295.JPG

IMG_2296.JPG

^^

I've kept comics, but the closest I've kept bubble cards from the 80s was starting line up baseball card and figures, none of which are THAT awesome in condition :x

ice-man-topgun.gif

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 7/10/2024 at 10:33 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

Absolutely beautiful, man! Plus, your $30 investment is now a solid $600 grail for most Secret Wars collectors. The Spanish card is much more common.

Good ol' Iceberg! Thanks for sharing! :foryou:

ha, yeah, I always loved the "Iceberg" translation. Thanks, yeah, $30 seems like a good call in hindsight. I just knew at the time that I'd never seen it before, and that is sort of how I approach buying stuff ever since. If I see something I've never seen before, that's the time to buy.

On 7/10/2024 at 8:15 PM, F For Fake said:

French! Here he is. As a kid I stupidly put a bit of sticky tack on the back of the card so it would stand up on a shelf to display. Hey, I was like 11  years old! I didn't know! But I did know to keep him clean and dusted and sealed. Fortunately the bubble hasn't yellowed (though the lighting in this pic makes it look a little cloudy.)

IMG_2292.JPG

IMG_2294.JPG

IMG_2295.JPG

IMG_2296.JPG

Thanks for posting. I remember seeing a Secret Wars three pack of figures in Sears as a kid. It was 3 figures that I already had but I had never seen that 3-pack so I picked it up out of curiosity and Iceman, Constrictor and Elektro were pictured on the back, but I never found them in stores. I had all of the Secret Wars figures, vehicles and playsets except those three figures. Only years later did I find out that they were only released overseas. 

On 7/12/2024 at 12:52 AM, Chip Cataldo said:

If anyone wants to check it out, this is the Secret Wars Archive I created 15 years ago when I owned most of the stuff pictured in it. You might find stuff you've never seen before. 😊

Secret Wars Archive

That is awesome! Thank you for sharing. I’m loving all the Secret Wars talk. It’s crazy how much merchandise they put out. I’ve found birthday plate sets, backpacks, marbles, wristwatches, parachutes, electric toothbrushes, radios, and a ton more. It just goes on and on. I don’t have some of those Brazil figures you have, though. Super tough to find, kudos to you. 😁👍🏼 And that pre-production stuff is incredible. 

Also, here's a before and after on the Skeletor cleaned up in the video, and I also finally got some repro labels for these recent TF pickups.

Also snagged a G1 Pretenders Jazz with the box at a peddlers mall, which is nice because the week before I snagged another loose complete Pretenders Jazz, so between the two pickups I was able to put together a pretty nice complete with box set!

IMG_1950.PNG

IMG_1977.JPG

IMG_1978.JPG

IMG_1962.JPG

IMG_1963.JPG

IMG_1964.JPG

IMG_1961.JPG

IMG_1968.JPG

IMG_2066.JPG

On 7/12/2024 at 1:11 PM, F For Fake said:

Some estate sale pickups from a couple of weeks ago. Ended up with a huge assortment of M.U.S.C.L.E., Micro Machines and Masters of the Universe. A handful of crusty Combaticons, and some other randomness.

Here are a couple of pics (forgot to save more!), but there is video!

A few years ago my wife said "Hey, you should make videos of your hauls!" And I said, "What? No one wants to see that." But I did it anyway, because I do what she tells me, in order to not be thrashed within an inch of my life. Woman is fierce!

So I made some videos, and then forgot about it.

Anyway, lately i've been fooling around with shooting stuff to train for an upcoming music video shoot, so I thought hey, why not make some more toy haul videos.

I'm happy to say I'm now up to 22 subscribers! 22! Can you believe it? Is that "viral"? That's "viral", right? I'm a hit!

So if you think you may enjoy my nonsense and like watching toy haul videos, you may check out my fledgling channel. Smash, hit, ring, you know, all of the things. I kinda hate Youtube guys so I am trying very hard to not BE a YouTube guy, and just be a normal person sharing his toy finds. I'm not sure if I am successful in that attempt.

I shall not mention the channel again, because who wants that?

Ok, I'm heading outta here for a few weeks, you all be cool, and happy hunting!

IMG_1900.JPG

IMG_1903.JPG

IMG_1973.JPG

IMG_2444.PNG

Well congrats to the muscle men, I always was keen when friends had those but more.to the point they were indestructible and they were made out of a nice medium that seemed creative to my five year old senses. Never ate them but lol like eraser material so I think I tried to use them for that.... I don't know why I typed that hahahahah 

But nice to see and hear the cleaning as I still haven't followed enough nir searched to having to do that, but was nice to hear on the off chance I ever invest.

I was thinking micromachines the other day just cause I never see them posted. ^^

Hope that goes well ❤️‍🩹 nice way to take it through with not too many uhhs and umms but more to the point than my simple unboxing vids. Cheers. :cheers:

Takara posted a video for the 40th Anniversary of Transformers. 

On 7/12/2024 at 2:13 PM, F For Fake said:

Also, here's a before and after on the Skeletor cleaned up in the video

IMG_1950.PNG

IMG_1977.JPG

IMG_1978.JPG

If you can manage to get your hands on a bottle of this stuff, it works wonders on removing the yellowing on plastics and I've used it on sneaker soles, game controllers and action figures. Just give a coat to the affected area, place it in a ziplok bag or plastic wrap to keep it from drying out and leave it in direct sunlight for a couple of hours until you see the results you want.

20240717_2306022.thumb.jpg.979e761a39fb4e91e166630407a4cf4c.jpg