• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All Star Batman - Snyder & Friends August 2016

144 posts in this topic

My copies of the standard covers of All-Star will be arriving today. Can't wait to read it. I've been really excited for this one. There is a nice write-up about the first set of villains here. http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/all-star-batman-1-get-to-know-the-villains-gunning-for-the-dark-knights-head

Ahh so that's who that invisible dude was. Cool!

I think Firefly might be the most well known at this point after appearing in Gotham last season (although an alternate version) and also the Arkham video games.

The book is a fun read love the use of flashbacks to weave the narrative together and make you figure it out as you go along. The art was not as bad as I expected going in, Miki did a nice job on the inks. I gotta say thouhh I'm not loving Duke's costume.

It is interesting to see how the LCSs are dealing with the Jock variant. The one that ordered big on Rebirth since it is/was returnable had them out for cover on the first day and had a run on them. On Friday, they had only a couple of copies bagged and boarded at $15. They are moving them at that already.

Another LCS that limits customers to two copies per book still them out at cover.

Makes you wonder how many people shop around. lol

Jock is killing it with these covers. Here's #2

5385120-2+all-star+batman+%232+jock+variant+cover+copy%5B7%5D.jpg

:o

Also...this is a monthly title right?

Yep. Not bi weekly.

Jock posted a rough design sketch from his one shot Mr. Freeze centric issue for all star and it looks like if batman was in John carpenters the thing. So it looks totally awesome.

Finally the moment we've all been waiting for... JrJr's off the title!

Who's read #6? Also what's up with cover A being the same as cover B except Batman has a bubble on his head and the logo is on the other side? Great covers though.

I liked how they did the helmet/no helmet thing. It looks cool. Still haven't read it yet...

Read it today. Want a tee shirt of the cover(no hood). Best 'modern' take on

freeze I have ever read. Don't hate, but not a fan of Jock yet, it maybe because this

is my first time seeing his work, but can see it growing on me. I hope that this

title will continue to swap out artist with every new ark.

Finally the moment we've all been waiting for... JrJr's off the title!

Who's read #6? Also what's up with cover A being the same as cover B except Batman has a bubble on his head and the logo is on the other side? Great covers though.

Agreed! I think it was a big mistake giving him the first arc on the book. He sucks. I'm sorry but he just sucks. If his last name wasn't Romita he wouldn't ever get put on big titles or at least he shouldn't. These days who knows. Have you seen his first cover for Suicide Squad? Good Lord is it bad. Thankfully Lee Bermejo is an option. I'm anxious for this issue. I like Jock's work.