• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In the Shadow of the Atomic Age
6 6

2,403 posts in this topic

Sorry. Not this cat. I have a couple of F&Fs, but the only D.C. funny animals I actively collect are Leading and Comic Cavalcade.

Did you post a group shot of your Comic Cavalcades in the other thread? If you did, I don't recall. I should go over and check it out.

Sorry. Not this cat. I have a couple of F&Fs, but the only D.C. funny animals I actively collect are Leading and Comic Cavalcade.

Did you post a group shot of your Comic Cavalcades in the other thread? If you did, I don't recall. I should go over and check it out.

Haven't gotten around to DC yet, but here they are. About 1\2 complete now if I remember right:

4629182083_8f0f4d560f_o.jpg

Lots of fun stories. Perfect for reading to my two year old son.

What's your interest in Flippity & Flop? It's not the most collected run ... except maybe by Honky Cat :baiting:

I "had to" buy a copy as it's a month book ... but otherwise I might not have.

My primary collecting focus is 10 cent DCs from the 50's through 1961, and I like to dabble in eveything, especially the most obscure series. Plus, this one looked like a nice copy of a hard to find early issue, and the price was reasonable.

So by "month book" do you mean it was published the year you were born?

What's your interest in Flippity & Flop? It's not the most collected run ... except maybe by Honky Cat :baiting:

Fun books, though. John, did that #2 come from Diamond?

Yes, as a matter of fact it did come from Diamond.

Haven't gotten around to DC yet, but here they are. About 1\2 complete now if I remember right:

4629182083_8f0f4d560f_o.jpg

Lots of fun stories. Perfect for reading to my two year old son.

Great collection!

I've always like the Comic Cavalcade logo.

I've been using "month book" as a shortcut since most know that I've spent close to 10 years buying all books that were published in / around March 1952. These books predate me by 20 years though.

I guess I am also remiss not registering you were going for DC 10-centers from the '50's to 1961. I've enjoyed all books you've bought and posted in the GA and SA threads. Now, I can enjoy them more knowing the link between them all!! I got my F&F from HoC :hi:

Honky showed the CC from the "month" (First Column - Third Row). It took me a while to find a copy that wasn't trashed. It looks like your copy is nice :applause:

I've been using "month book" as a shortcut since most know that I've spent close to 10 years buying all books that were published in / around March 1952. These books predate me by 20 years though.

I guess I am also remiss not registering you were going for DC 10-centers from the '50's to 1961. I've enjoyed all books you've bought and posted in the GA and SA threads. Now, I can enjoy them more knowing the link between them all!! I got my F&F from HoC :hi:

Honky showed the CC from the "month" (First Column - Third Row). It took me a while to find a copy that wasn't trashed. It looks like your copy is nice :applause:

Thanks Scrooge!

So, what's the significance of March 1952?

Not sure if this is the right place to put these, but it's too late for the golden age thread. Not really comics, but I like 'em:

4621151963_9359886366_o.jpg

4621760022_d4818d5ba7_o.jpg

Too bad they couldn't get any talented artists to work on it:

4621152127_46caa77464_b.jpg

Sample entry:

4621152327_d3ff173174_o.jpg

Wow! Does "editorial contributors" mean that those artists contributed artwork? That would be a blast going through and spotting comic artists at work.

Thanks Scrooge!

So, what's the significance of March 1952?

Oopps. First Uncle Scrooge in his own title (thumbs u

Nice! (thumbs u

Fantastic looking set! :o

4621760022_d4818d5ba7_o.jpg

had never before seen an entire set (thumbs u

you mostly find the A-B volume by itself. I guess most kids didn't follow through at 50 cents plus a box top a pop. I've managed two complete sets in 4 years of looking, and the other is pretty rough.

Wow! Does "editorial contributors" mean that those artists contributed artwork? That would be a blast going through and spotting comic artists at work.

It's more frustrating than anything. I mean, how do you I.D. a Matt Baker balloon or a Bob Powell cow?

Here's an interesting page that someone should be able to I.D.:

PictureWorldEncyclopediaVol1-014_re.jpg

And here's one for G.A.tor:

PictureWorldEncyclopediaVol1-041_re.jpg

It's more frustrating than anything. I mean, how do you I.D. a Matt Baker balloon or a Bob Powell cow?

And here's one for G.A.tor:

PictureWorldEncyclopediaVol1-041_re.jpg

Interesting page, but what the ding-dong does that section about alkali mean?

AlkaliEs? Who spells it like that? Besides which, alkaloids have little to do with alkalis aside from a similar name and usually being (nitrogen) bases.

A little knowledge...

Jack

Interesting page, but what the ding-dong does that section about alkali mean?

AlkaliEs? Who spells it like that? Besides which, alkaloids have little to do with alkalis aside from a similar name and usually being (nitrogen) bases.

A little knowledge...

Jack

next you'll be telling me there's no 30 foot alligators....