• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In the Shadow of the Atomic Age
6 6

2,391 posts in this topic

So as not to discourage others ... how long have you been at it for your collection?

It's funny you should phrase it that way, 'cause I spent part of this morning depressed after seeing your pics in the Centaur post ;)

Looks like I first started ACG in Feb '03. Had a few cheap books that were given to me as a kid, so I guess that's what sparked it. The more I got into it, the more stuff I had to have.

The good thing about ACG is that reading grade copies are plentiful and cheap. Looking at my spreadsheet I see dozens and dozens of books that cost me less than $3 each. I don't think I paid over $100 for anything other than a couple of the Dizzy Dames and AITU #1. Chuckle actually cost me more than FW #1.

So as not to discourage others ... how long have you been at it for your collection?

It's funny you should phrase it that way, 'cause I spent part of this morning depressed after seeing your pics in the Centaur post ;)

Yeah that collection makes you want to cry a little ... but then, consider MrBillyParker's collection and his is no less impressive than the pics I posted in the Centaur thread. He just hasn't put all his books in one place at one time but the collections are comparable. Billy's is just more tilted to Timelies than the collection I saw. Same with CentaurMan or Fuelman if he really showed all he has :baiting:

So there's hope for all of us. Thanks goodness I collect Atom Age books and am taking a liking to Dells! That'll keep my buying prices close to his, after all he was paying $10 to $25 for his Centaurs when he was buying :insane:

I've never really cared for westerns, but these are nice. Nice covers, nice stories, nice art.

4639515733_5881d4536d_o.jpg

You're right this is a great shot of a nice set. The early covers are very attractive.

Perhaps my favorite ACG series is Soldiers of Fortune as I like that brand of adventure in the remote corners of the world. You didn't show many in your pic. Here are the few I have (most courtesy of 143ksk) -

99876.jpg.0a2ff224abb527dbfe58bb7a674a8659.jpg

99877.jpg.7042fbf833263d50ab94775d10490969.jpg

99878.jpg.9e85883ab9dff3d1da16a4e3cdfd8d66.jpg

99879.jpg.95190c4d260e37674156b8f706a16323.jpg

Sorry to say I don't. I don't have any myself, but when I first looked through the Gerbers, I thought

the "world tour" impact of seeing all the covers in a row was pretty cool.

... but then, consider MrBillyParker's collection and his is no less impressive than the pics I posted in the Centaur thread. He just hasn't put all his books in one place at one time but the collections are comparable. Billy's is just more tilted to Timelies than the collection I saw. Same with CentaurMan or Fuelman if he really showed all he has :baiting:

:wishluck:

Perhaps my favorite ACG series is Soldiers of Fortune as I like that brand of adventure in the remote corners of the world. You didn't show many in your pic. Here are the few I have (most courtesy of 143ksk) -

Soldiers of Fortune is a great series. I only have the few (can't have 'em all....yet ;)

I've never really cared for westerns, but these are nice. Nice covers, nice stories, nice art.

4639515733_5881d4536d_o.jpg

A better shot of some of the early covers:

4639515887_ee0e8b06cd_o.jpg

Whoever designed the covers for Blazing West had some amazing talent. Great colors and compositions. Would love to see some individual scans. Maybe you should also post these in the Westerns thread? Thanks for sharing all the great pics!

Early Wood sci fi is :cloud9:

Feels like I paid for this yesterday and it's already at my doorstep!

Big kudos to .5 for this book (thumbs u

hm Isn't that a red dress ...

Would love to see some individual scans.

Maybe you should also post these in the Westerns thread?

I don't have a scanner at home, but I'll try to get some closer shots of those early BWs (#6 is my personal favorite).

Posted to the western thread this A.M. Still got some more ACGs is anyone's interested.

Thanks