• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In the Shadow of the Atomic Age
6 6

2,391 posts in this topic

Thanks, Dr. Fuelman. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I think we're off to a pretty good start!

Fastest growing thread I've seen in a while,......without a flame-war! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Ghost Rider # 1

ghost1.jpg

Great thread - I love pre-code crime, horror and GGA as much as the next guy, but I agree some of the other esoteric books deserve equal attention. I'll take this opportunity to revisit my first post on these boards. Though, I guess it kind of qualifies as GGA.

770737-lustfc.jpg

770737-lustfc.jpg.5fada4fb0ccda3cf8adb582858bfc974.jpg

Posted before the new thread

Hey fuel-a-rama! LOVE the Phantom Strager!

What you mean "Posted before the new thread"???

This thread was started as a result of a conversation in the Post Your 10 Cent Comics thread in the SA Forum. Fuelman posted his books there first before I had a chance to let him know that I had already created this thread.

Great thread - I love pre-code crime, horror and GGA as much as the next guy, but I agree some of the other esoteric books deserve equal attention. I'll take this opportunity to revisit my first post on these boards. Though, I guess it kind of qualifies as GGA.

770737-lustfc.jpg

WOW!

I hadn't seen that a nice a copy of that book!

And it's a perfect book for my collection blush.gif I mean this thread.

738129-SA23.jpg

Great new thread, Adam! You've clearly tapped into some pent-up demand, based on the explosion of posts at this late hour.

But... isn't this a sci-fi book? poke2.gif

Well, yeah, officer, but I only posted one. sorry.gif

This thread was started as a result of a conversation in the Post Your 10 Cent Comics thread in the SA Forum. Fuelman posted his books there first before I had a chance to let him know that I had already created this thread.

My thead was posted on 3/24. Why are you answering for Fuelie? Who ARE you? Did you kidnap Bettie? Is she safe? She damned well better be alive! Are YOU accountable for Bettie?

My thead was posted on 3/24. Why are you answering for Fuelie? Who ARE you? Did you kidnap Bettie? Is she safe? She damned well better be alive! Are YOU accountable for Bettie?

I didn't touch her! I swear!

Here's how this thread started:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=721235&page=0&fpart=36&vc=1

I was thinking that this thread would primarily focous on 1950-1956

Oh yeah - why would '50-'56 be considered the "shadow of the Atomic Age" since the AA was in full swing by 1950 and dead before 1956?

Man! I am sorry to be so literal but I have "age issues" with overstreet as regards AA and also just do not understand how '50-56 is the SHADOW of the AA when '50 - '55 was the main point of the AA.

Apologies and you know I love you like a brother But my collector thing gets in the way of emotions at times.

frown.gif

Oh yeah - why would '50-'56 be considered the "shadow of the Atomic Age" since the AA was in full swing by 1950 and dead before 1956?

Man! I am sorry to be so literal but I have "age issues" with overstreet as regards AA and also just do not understand how '50-56 is the SHADOW of the AA when '50 - '55 was the main point of the AA.

Apologies and you know I love you like a brother But my collector thing gets in the way of emotions at times.

frown.gif

You have "Age-Issues",.....that's all I'm gonna say! devil.gif

poke2.gifhi.gif

frown.gif

Hi Fuel! Having a great time! I hate you! Come visit!

Pov grin.gif

poke2.gifhi.gif

frown.gif

OK - I get it - the genres of lesser ilk. As you said "When folks hear of Atomic Age books they figure that you're talking about Horror, Science Fiction, Crime and Good Girl comics. The more outrageous the book is, the better it is. Since there are already threads devoted to these, this thread is for genres that get eclipsed by their more shocking counterparts. "

Rats - I have made a fool of old pov. Do not hate me. NOW I understand the "shadow" thing. It nis a worthy thing. Rats. Live long and prosper! frown.gif

frown.gif

I debated a bit on the title as it is a little misleading -- though I tried to describe the scope of the thread in the initial post.

The books in this post, published during the Atomic Age and therefore Atomic Age books, are over-shadowed by their flashier cousins, the outrageous Good Girl Art, Horror, Sci Fi and Crime. Hence, they are in the Shadow of the Atomic Age. If you don't buy that, just blame it on me being a bit tired.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the books and post a few yourself when you get a chance. flowerred.gif

Edited by adamstrange

frown.gif

I debated a bit on the title as it is a little misleading -- though I tried to describe the scope of the thread in the initial post what was.

The books in this post, published during the Atomic Age and therefore Atomic Age books, are over-shadowed by their flashier cousins, the outrageous Good Girl Art, Horror, Sci Fi and Crime. Hence, they are in the Shadow of the Atomic Age. If you don't buy that, just blame it on me being a bit tired.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the books and post a few yourself when you get a chance. flowerred.gif

lol - see my reply before thisl Such is a worthy thang! I have befooled myself. grin.gif

frown.gif

poke2.gifhi.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

Adam,

Where is those Superboy or Adventures? shy.gif

The Adventures were not with the rest of the As so I pulled a couple other books just to demonstrate a little variety. I'll find them (I hope!) tomorrow -- or, since it's past midnight, today.