• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In the Shadow of the Atomic Age
6 6

2,430 posts in this topic

Kubert & Maurer at their best.

It's another fabulous Kubert cover, that's for sure!

(thumbs u

Greate cover, plus it's a preview of Kuberts later work on Tarzan in the early 70's. :applause:

I love Tor! Seeing yours above reminded of this one, that I got Kubert to sign a little while ago. He was really psyched to see it.

3-d-comics-1.jpg

:applause: Post the others :thumbsup:

Lone Ranger #14. I have a few more of this series, but this is my favorite despite the obvious flaws.

I see no flaws. Just a comic that somebody loved so much they read it a couple dozen times (thumbs u

Thanks!

I've often wondered how the Lone Ranger's sleeve stays so dry, not to mention his six gun on this cover.

LONR_30.jpg

(thumbs u

Greate cover, plus it's a preview of Kuberts later work on Tarzan in the early 70's. :applause:

I love Tor! Seeing yours above reminded of this one, that I got Kubert to sign a little while ago. He was really psyched to see it.

3-d-comics-1.jpg

Congratulations on owing a signed copy from Kubert. :cloud9: Did you get to meet him in person?

(thumbs u

Congratulations on owing a signed copy from Kubert. :cloud9: Did you get to meet him in person?

Yeah. He was at the show with his kids. There was a big long line, and just about everyone was there for Joe, hardly anyone for Andy & Alex (which made me kinda happy).

Just got in my last Christmas present from 2011 (not counting the raffle, of course!)... Two Frazetta covered Edgar Rice Burroughs' First Editions from House of Greystoke... They're beautiful! From 1965 and 1966, respectively...

GirlFromFerriss1stEdition1965-HouseofGreystoke92.jpg

EfficiencyExpert1stEdition1966-HouseofGreystoke90.jpg

Excellent SA cover!

This is the last issue of Straight Arrow and arguably the best cover of the entire run. A great way to finish a series and send off the character to the dust-pile of creations ...

That middle one is great!

GCD says Mo Gollub?

Do you agree? His pencil/ink work was as nice as his painting.

Jack

This thread needs a few more Lone Rangers ...

I like all three of those and here are three more (18, 26, 50).

LoneRanger26.jpg