• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Longest running title with an absence of $5 books

153 posts in this topic

Amazing Spider-Man past 361. Outside of variants and fake inflated centennial (right word) issues, is there anything that key?

430-431 sell for a bit.

This and the JSC covers for 601 606 and 607 usually fetch at least 10 now. I imagine 569 can probably go for a few bucks and the granov cover isn't really a variant in my opinion because they're about as easy to find as the normal cover. 654 also fetches some dough now.

Wonder Woman vol 1 after issue #178 ("new" Wonder Woman, 1968).

After 199/200.

You guys have to retire the 1978 OSPG...

There's got to be 50 books after #200 that will fetch $10 or more in NM, including 100-pagers, Whitman variants, Bolland covers, and Hughes covers.

Everything after FF 70? I can't think of any keys after that point. That's like 1968.

I wouldn't go back that far.

Maybe start after FF112, Hulk vs Thing minor key.

But yeah, FF from mid 100's all the way through were a barren wasteland.

I get $5 for 209 (Herbie) and $10 for 211(Terrax) on a semi-regular basis when labeled with the info. Sometimes you have to tell people why they want the book!

:grin:(thumbs u

Don't forget about 120 (Airwalker), 164 (Frankie Rae), and 272 (Nova)!

I am a heralds of Galactus guy!

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=365232&Number=8271948#Post8271948

Also 129 (Thundra) 166/167 (vs Hulk). There aren't a lot but they're there!

How about Incredible Hulk from #182 and on?

except 271 (rocket racoon), 324 (gray hulk), 340 (McFarlane/Wolverine) and 449 (Thunderbolts).

Really, the entire hulk run outside of a few exceptions is pretty meager.

102-intro

141-Samson

162-Wendigo

180-Wolverine

181-Wolverine

182-Wolverine

271-Rocket Raccoon

You've got a couple Valkyrie false-starts and and really nothing else outside of an interesting fight issue until 330. Pretty weak run altogether.

A couple more 100+ issue runs

Alpha Flight

Defenders (once you get out if the early issues)

Any titles that begin with Justice after the 80s relaunch. America, Europe/International, Society.

How long does Action go without a book that matters if you take away the anomaly that is 835?

Wonder Woman vol 1 after issue #178 ("new" Wonder Woman, 1968).

After 199/200.

You guys have to retire the 1978 OSPG...

There's got to be 50 books after #200 that will fetch $10 or more in NM, including 100-pagers, Whitman variants, Bolland covers, and Hughes covers.

hm

2000 AD from 3 up

Nothing as significant as the first appearance of Judge Dredd.

A fantastic title but Vampirella doesn't have any real keys except classic covers sell better.

Throw in Eerie, Creepy, etc. Frazetta covers at best.

Unlike WCA, these are pretty awesome all around.

Mad Magazine from 30 on up. Sure some are better than others but.

And isn't Action comics pretty key free? Is first Parasite (340) and first Vixen (521) or First Silver Banshee (595(really all that? And then 1st Livewire at 835. Alan Moore in 583?

Arguably 253 on up

I vote for West Coast Avengers because not only was it a staggeringly long run of meaningless from the start, it was inconsequential AT THE TIME! I still dont know how it went on so long (he said as a reader from issue 1 when he was a kid...)

Ha ha. I'm with you. Some of my longest purchased runs as a kid are West Coast Avengers, Excalibur, and then maybe ROM / GI Joe / Transformers. The toy comics have a following, but the WCA and Excalibur were pretty rotten from the start. Though the runs aren't quite as long as others mentioned in this thread, unless I'm mistaken, the entire run including #1 are somewhat worthless. Not a gem in the bunch.

That said, I must admit that Excalibur #1 is still one of my all-time favorite covers in the copper age. The green background just does it for me :).

excalibur1_zpsax36pqsy.jpg

I actually liked Excalibur! lol I guess because it was a team in the United Kingdom so...