• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman 1 rebirth aspen ranting

111 posts in this topic

So that Turner variant is selling so well. Selling for $80, $90, and even one for $120. I always speculate wrong, and buy only one copy of the books that take off, while I have a billion books that have been big mistakes.

So that Turner variant is selling so well. Selling for $80, $90, and even one for $120. I always speculate wrong, and buy only one copy of the books that take off, while I have a billion books that have been big mistakes.

I got 2 sets, but they were $30 and honestly I have a hard time sinking large amounts of money into complete speculation on what cover people will end up liking. Apparently some on ebay bought 20 sets or more...i'm resigned that i'll never be that big time.

I don't understand the demand for this book. None of these Batman 1 covers are very good.

None? meh

Big reason.....it's BATMAN.....Not sure how anyone who might read/enjoy Batman would say the Turner cover is not 'good'...

I don't understand the demand for this book. None of these Batman 1 covers are very good.

None? meh

Big reason.....it's BATMAN.....Not sure how anyone who might read/enjoy Batman would say the Turner cover is not 'good'...

Turner cover is really nice; mad I didn't know about it until after they were sold out. Def not paying ebay prices now...

Here's another one I like a lot:

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-29%20at%2010.32.02%20PM_zpsesx0sy9e.png

None? meh

It might have something to do with my assessment being a personal opinion. Not sure how you make reading Batman a requirement to critique a piece of Batman art.

The Sale cover is better, assuming the picture I've seen is the final art. The Daniel cover is better too.

None? meh

...and it's a Scott Snyder Batman story.

None? meh

...and it's a Scott Snyder Tom King Batman story.

None? meh

...and it's a Scott Snyder Tom King Batman story.

...and it's a Scott Snyder Tom King and David Finch Batman story.