• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Significant Comic Art Auction at Profiles in History 30 July 2016

332 posts in this topic

Hi , I am having troubles downloading the second catalogue, the Frank Darabont collection. Anybody feels like providing the highlights? Any Marvel OA included?

Carlo

Click on "Flip Book" and you'll be able to see it all online. The download didn't work for me either, but the flip book did.

Wow - The Frank D. stuff is amazing, of course but the other catalog is going to make me bid!

I am hoping to be a TAR holder....

How do folk feel about the estimates?

Mark

Ignore the estimates.....

As for the BWS pieces...they are great, but there's more TAR than the Camel no-filter cigarette factory in 1957.

Can someone please explain to me how the BWS Conan Sage #4 piece is from the year 2000, when Conan Saga #4 came out in 1987?

If as i suspect this is just a recreation of that piece, then surely the title is misleading ?

More info in BWS's archives-

http://barrywindsor-smith.com/galleria/saga4study.html

Listed as sold for $3500 circa 2004

and...

Sibyla Fire, etc.

http://barrywindsor-smith.com/galleria/fireart.html

Listed as sold for $6000 circa 2006

http://barrywindsor-smith.com/galleria/conanwarrior.html

Listed as sold for $4000 circa 2008

http://barrywindsor-smith.com/galleria/devilwings.html

Listed as sold for $3500 circa 2004

As for the BWS pieces...they are great, but there's more TAR than the Camel no-filter cigarette factory in 1957.

:roflmao:

Wow - The Frank D. stuff is amazing, of course but the other catalog is going to make me bid!

I am hoping to be a TAR holder....

How do folk feel about the estimates?

Mark

Good lord I forgot all about that 15 % kickback to Barry upon selling it. How is that ever going to hold up if the new owner does a private sale with no auction house involved? Kudos for Barry trying to make sure he keeps getting paid, but I think Barry should pay whoever loses money on the transaction 15% of the loss then if that's how he's going to play it.

This is my favorite line from the agreement too -

NON DESTRUCTION: Purchaser will not permit any intentional destruction, damage, or modification of the Work

So I cannot set the piece on fire even though I'm the owner and I feel like burning it all to the ground? ;)

The 9 page captain stern by wrightson is just flat out amazing..the movie version in heavy metal is super too...best comic art story to come on the market in quite a while...stunning is word...

Glad it's not just me !

If these guys want to be "significant" players they should get their act together with that website. I'll try that flip book thing .

Yes, and that flip book think is not great either.......suggestion, just keep it simple.

Ha.com better be looking over their shoulder..that is some big quality art..there are becoming a major player..two stunning catalogs including windsor-smith masterpiece...look out Ha

Will you be contacting them to correct the description of the ASM 81 cover ?

Ha.com better be looking over their shoulder..that is some big quality art..there are becoming a major player..two stunning catalogs including windsor-smith masterpiece...look out Ha

Will you be contacting them to correct the description of the ASM 81 cover ?

you should, what is wrong with it?,,,my eyes are still stunned on the Captain Stern story....

Amazing collection of material. Too bad it wasn't offered elsewhere. Am I reading this right? 28% for internet bidders plus Caifornia sales tax on all purchases?

Plus add the TAR for the BWS pieces. Is TAR based on the hammer price or with juice?

Calculating your final price will be more complicated than the QB rating formula.

This is my favorite line from the agreement too -

NON DESTRUCTION: Purchaser will not permit any intentional destruction, damage, or modification of the Work

So I cannot set the piece on fire even though I'm the owner and I feel like burning it all to the ground? ;)

I'm guessing (and this is just a guess) that this is in place to plug possible loopholes in the TAR agreement. Thinking might be that if one were to slightly alter the work you could then claim it was a new work and that it would no longer fall under the TAR agreement? The same way you see videos slighty changed so youtube doesn't pull them. I'm not a lawyer but that is my guess.

Amazing collection of material. Too bad it wasn't offered elsewhere. Am I reading this right? 28% for internet bidders plus Caifornia sales tax on all purchases?

Plus add the TAR for the BWS pieces. Is TAR based on the hammer price or with juice?

Calculating your final price will be more complicated than the QB rating formula.

Seller pays the TAR, it's 15% of the profit between what they paid for the piece and what the piece sells for now. It's not paid by the new buyer.