• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze Age Treasuries
6 6

1,140 posts in this topic

On 12/2/2020 at 3:59 AM, HighVoltage said:

A few more copies I picked up from Hauser...

This is one of my favorite Neal adams covers. He was fully st the height of his drawing powers here. The crosshatching is insane!

This was listed as NM- but it has some light splitting along the spine, breaking the outer cover a bit. Probably more like a VF- 

I still love this book though.

IMG_7190.JPG

Another tough book to find in true NM.

I have an absolute ton of treasuries, all in super high grade. I have them all because I have no idea how to ship them - for those of you who collect these things, how are they shipped to you?

20 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

I have an absolute ton of treasuries, all in super high grade. I have them all because I have no idea how to ship them - for those of you who collect these things, how are they shipped to you?

(Ears perk up) Talk to me, Dan! :-)

I need a few!

It's been awhile since I've sent or received a Treasury through the mail.

Do these fit in the USPS Priority mail boxes? I don't have any boxes handy.

I think the last time I sent a small stack of Treasuries via mail, I had a random, oversized cardboard box that I used. I put a Treasury-sized backing board in the back and front of each book, then cut cardboard slightly oversized and sandwiched the cardboard on each side of each book & taped them all in a stack/brick. Newspaper or bubble filler on any edges.

These things are so heavy - I'm sure it costs an arm & a leg to ship them now.

1 hour ago, HighVoltage said:

Holiday Grab-Bag?!? Sign me up!

IMG_7201.JPG

Stellar books! They bring back memories for sure. I have quite a few of the ones you showed, but in very loved and well-read condition. They certainly present better in your grades though. I regret not picking up more in the 80's or 90's when I'm sure NOS copies were quite cheap. 

Do you have to pay up for copies like this? I only ask because I was shocked to come to these boards once upon a time and find that collecting high-grade Marvel picture frames was even a thing!!  (shrug)

7 hours ago, HighVoltage said:

(Ears perk up) Talk to me, Dan! :-)

I need a few!

It's been awhile since I've sent or received a Treasury through the mail.

Do these fit in the USPS Priority mail boxes? I don't have any boxes handy.

I think the last time I sent a small stack of Treasuries via mail, I had a random, oversized cardboard box that I used. I put a Treasury-sized backing board in the back and front of each book, then cut cardboard slightly oversized and sandwiched the cardboard on each side of each book & taped them all in a stack/brick. Newspaper or bubble filler on any edges.

These things are so heavy - I'm sure it costs an arm & a leg to ship them now.

Treasury sized bag & backing board if available.  Whether a backing board is available or not, then tape the bagged Treasury to a cardboard panel cut to have at least a half-inch buffer between each of the edges of the Treasury and the cardboard.  Then bubble wrap or newspaper as packing material so no room to shift inside a 1095 USPS Priority Mail box.  One Treasury packed this way will typically weigh 1 lb 4 oz, so yeah, the postage cost is severe.  But the next USPS Priority postage price tier is above 2 lbs, so there is some headroom to pack multiple Treasuries in the same box if the opportunity arises.

Edited by Zonker
combined shipping workaround

2 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

I did just order some Treasury sized bags and boards so I'll see if i can get some things out the door.

Will you be selling them on here? And if so, can you give us a heads up when you do? :foryou: