• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze Age Treasuries
5 5

1,079 posts in this topic

I have a big "sweater" box, There is room for both the Marvel and the DCs and I think I have most of them, they fit side by side.

I have room in a closet, but they are made to put under a bed;)

Where there is a will,l there is a way;)

I was looking for something for a friend and found this on a shelf. Since this was originally Whitmans, I figured I'd post it. I don't think I've seen it in the thread.

20160807_163609.jpg

Love this one!

Just found this thread...

some of my recent finds

both UK & US copies

DSCF0212_zpstsicngmu.jpg

DSCF0177_zpsbigde352.jpg

DSCF0342_zpsqqmx4okb.jpg

Those are nice Ewan! What's the deal with the price box on Giant Superhero Holiday Grab Bag in the upper right corner. It looks to be partially blacked out. If so, does it look like a sharpie or did it come from the printer like that? Thanks!

Tim

takeyourlemons said:
I would love to snag some DC treasuries one day. The storage of these appears to be a problem, though. I have enough of a hard time with the few magazines I collected.

They do sell bags and boards for treasuries, as well as boxes.

That said, if you don't have enough to fill a box, the space is an issue. If these books flop around in a box they'll get damaged. I used empty boxes to fill the space for a long time. Plus the weight of the box is substantial.IMG_6509.thumb.JPG.f60ef07b797eb76c11b1446e40b3fd6c.JPG

Those are nice Ewan! What's the deal with the price box on Giant Superhero Holiday Grab Bag in the upper right corner. It looks to be partially blacked out. If so, does it look like a sharpie or did it come from the printer like that? Thanks!

Tim

thanks

I think it was a marker used to black the (I assume) US price out, though I can't be sure as I've sold this lot a few weeks back

Went for £100+ and I had another guy ask to buy too - the Superman V Ali is very hot

low grade copies too

Oz two = £40

2001 = £25

I shall report back on others I come across!

Thanks guys. I bought mine from a1-comics in Cali. Their service is impeccable. I was captured by the blue and green colours on this one. Still I don't think treasuries are for everyone.

They are quite large and cumbersome. You can't really read them without causing stress damage to them. I read mine to death as a kid and they quickly become detached.

Thanks guys. I bought mine from a1-comics in Cali. Their service is impeccable. I was captured by the blue and green colours on this one. Still I don't think treasuries are for everyone.

They are quite large and cumbersome. You can't really read them without causing stress damage to them. I read mine to death as a kid and they quickly become detached.

Brian is great.

For me it's all about the nostalgia. I just have to have newsstand fresh copies of these books I owned, or wanted to, and (like you) read repeatedly as a kid.