• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The SKY is FALLING!!!

70 posts in this topic

I'm so done with CGC after this fiasco. Shutting down the thread was the last straw for me

Come on like you were surprised it happened.

True, I knew it would happen eventually. But I also expected CGC to make a proper announcement and fix this mess. I should have known better.

I'm so done with CGC after this fiasco. Shutting down the thread was the last straw for me

You complain about everything wrong with the new case. :(

Fixed it for you

people list plenty of books (old label) on the first generation slabs

Not "Old Label" . . . "Old Case" :)

I know, just illustrating a point that it's not that uncommon or unheard of to do so

people list plenty of books (old label) on the first generation slabs

Not "Old Label" . . . "Old Case" :)

I know, just illustrating a point that it's not that uncommon or unheard of to do so

There has never been an "Old case" title before last week. :whistle:

In a perfect world what do you think CGC SHOULD do?

In my own perfect world, they'd go back to the old case until all issues are worked out. That includes reducing the Newton rings, eliminating the waviness, and making sure the book is SAFELY and securely held in place rather than being pinned down.

While figuring all that out, I'd love to see them tweak the label so it's a hybrid of the old and new label. My biggest beef is the grade box overlapping the header.

What I do like is that the case feels sturdier than the old, I like the top header being inside the case, I like the idea of not having the oversized cases for Giant Size. I like that they stack well. None of these things make up for the feeling that thousands of dollars of comics could be encapsulated in something that could do them harm, especially concerned for my signature series books.

In a perfect world what do you think CGC SHOULD do?

In my own perfect world, they'd go back to the old case until all issues are worked out. That includes reducing the Newton rings, eliminating the waviness, and making sure the book is SAFELY and securely held in place rather than being pinned down.

While figuring all that out, I'd love to see them tweak the label so it's a hybrid of the old and new label. My biggest beef is the grade box overlapping the header.

What I do like is that the case feels sturdier than the old, I like the top header being inside the case, I like the idea of not having the oversized cases for Giant Size. I like that they stack well. None of these things make up for the feeling that thousands of dollars of comics could be encapsulated in something that could do them harm, especially concerned for my signature series books.

That's not an option. The material they used to make the case is no longer available. This has been discussed ad nauseum, but I can understand how you would have missed it, since every meaningful post gets clipped.