• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GOLDEN AGE cover poll thread --- FINAL ROUND:

114 posts in this topic

Dear collectors,

By clicking the link(s) at the bottom of this post you'll be participating in the final round of the most ambitious poll ever conducted of GA comic fans and collectors. As with the first poll, please fill out the brief survey before voting.

This is the second and FINAL round of our spectacular GA covers poll, the results of which will be published in a forthcoming issue of Heritage's Intelligent Collector.

Please arrange the remaining 40 contestants in your order of preference using the parameters provided as guides. This poll will be open until June 26 (closing 11:59 PM June 25th). Have fun and again, thanks for joining in.

Our core team, Benjamin J. Labonog (Primetime), Keston Fulcher (Vision75), Robert Cat Conrad (DavidMerryweather), Matt Nelson (CCS President) personally thanks CGC, the many GA experts who provided essential input for our master list and the early round participants who've helped us narrow this group to 40 remarkable GA comic covers.

Respectfully,

R. Cat Conrad

Thanks to all participants. Look for the results in an upcoming issue of Heritage's Intelligent Collector!

POLL CLOSED!!! :hi:

I tried and it said the poll was closed.

My apologies. The link was supposedly ready, but something apparently glitched. Just tried it myself and the same thing happened as you described. I'll get with our tech guy. We'll get this straightened out and try to be up and running by mid-day.

Please come back this evening and try it again.

OK, our tech-savvy poll guru informed me that something strange is occurring with our platform. Seven poll respondents went through fine and then the poll locked down. This has apparently never happened before with this system. He's going to trouble shoot the entire platform and we should be up and fully running by Saturday. The official restart and closure of the poll will be updated accordingly so that we'll run for a full seven days from the start.

If your polling info went through, it will be counted. If you're in doubt, take the survey again after the poll is back up and running smoothly and we'll count your second effort (don't worry, we'll know who you are from filling out the information requested; no votes will be recorded twice).

Once more, I apologize for the delay. Taking a poll requires an investment of time on your part and losing that information at the end of that journey is frustrating. As the public face of our project I take full responsibility for the delay. :foryou:

Sincerely,

R. Cat Conrad (David Merryweather)

R. Cat Conrad (David Merryweather) thank you and all the others involved in putting this together, appreciate your efforts. :foryou: I will continue to hang around this forum for stuff like this.

Now, that being said, why are you taking responsibility for the problems with the poll. Get with the program, blame the poll takers. That approach is all the rage these days :devil:

:bump:>>> POLL is UP and RUNNING!!! :whee:

No data was lost, but if you completed the poll between 2 and 5 AM last night and have any doubts because of the poll closed message at the end, feel free to resubmit.

Don't worry, we'll sort out any duplications. (thumbs u

Could you post the 40 images here so I can see them all at once to judge them against each other? It would make it easier to rank them.

If not, no worries.

This would be very helpful. It is difficult to rank 40 different covers by memory or having to keep going back to compare various covers against each other. The concept is great though and I am excited to see the results in the magazine. Thanks.

Ken

I like the drag into place format, it really allows for visualizing comparative rankings, as opposed to placing numbers up and down a fixed list.

The only cover I didn't recognize just by name was Hit 18, though I looked up a few just to see if I really still liked them more or less than the others I'd ranked against them. I guess that puts me in the hardcore category, though I no longer have any of the featured books in my collection.

I could shift every book up or down a couple positions depending on mood, but decided not to overthink it.

While many of my personal faves made it on the list, including several Batman an Cap covers, it did seem to me that a few covers made it on the list merely because Cap or Bats was on the cover.

I like the drag into place format, it really allows for visualizing comparative rankings, as opposed to placing numbers up and down a fixed list.

The only cover I didn't recognize just by name was Hit 18, though I looked up a few just to see if I really still liked them more or less than the others I'd ranked against them. I guess that puts me in the hardcore category, though I no longer have any of the featured books in my collection.

I could shift every book up or down a couple positions depending on mood, but decided not to overthink it.

While many of my personal faves made it on the list, including several Batman an Cap covers, it did seem to me that a few covers made it on the list merely because Cap or Bats was on the cover.

Thanks rjbp. Yeah, the drag and drop feature is pretty cool. :headbang:

Sometimes the Photobucket load times are slow. Several books I tried to view and compare wouldn't load while I was completing my poll selections, but I'm currently having difficulty with my own Photobucket account which has nothing to do with the poll.

The vetting process wasn't easy because there were so many great books. Many personal faves of mine failed to make it to the top 100 list, but I can state emphatically that we're pleased with the variety. Thanks to the oversight of our core team we were able to put together a healthy cross-section of great books. Keston, Ben and Matt have been the greatest.

Kudos to their tireless efforts which have kept this survey centered and running smoothly. :headbang:

What a nice way to spend a lazy Saturday afternoon. But man, that was tough!

Once I had my first and last selection identified it was difficult ranking all those great covers in the middle ranked positions. Went back and forth on several of them.

Hey, when I hit "submit" I was re-directed to a CGC page. I take it that is what is supposed to happen and my vote was counted? If yes, no worries, just wanted to be sure.

What a nice way to spend a lazy Saturday afternoon. But man, that was tough!

Once I had my first and last selection identified it was difficult ranking all those great covers in the middle ranked positions. Went back and forth on several of them.

Hey, when I hit "submit" I was re-directed to a CGC page. I take it that is what is supposed to happen and my vote was counted? If yes, no worries, just wanted to be sure.

yes, the redirect to the CGC page at the end means your data was submitted :)

Yes, I too would like to extend thanks to the team. Cat for his way with words and fun spirit. Ben for his connections and unparalleled GA enthusiasm. And Matt for his expertise and discerning eye.

That was fun! Thanks guys :D

The bottom 10 I didn't care about was easy... the top 15-20 I would like to have in my collection was easy... but Oh, man, those middle 10-15 that I acknowledge as cool, important or otherwise worthy of note, but don't hold any particular interest for me, were TOUGH!