• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GOLDEN AGE cover poll thread --- FINAL ROUND:

114 posts in this topic

I know we have to wait for the article to be published before the list will be revealed but I assume it is okay to discuss the books in question? If so, I would like to say that if you did not select Punch Comics # 12 National Comics 16 as your number one pick you are wrong. Wrong I say, WRONG! End of story :sumo:

:baiting:

There-fixed that for ya.

I know we have to wait for the article to be published before the list will be revealed but I assume it is okay to discuss the books in question? If so, I would like to say that if you did not select Punch Comics # 12 National Comics 16 All-Select 1 as your number one pick you are wrong. Wrong I say, WRONG! End of story :sumo:

There-fixed that for ya.

No, I fixed that for the both of you.

Ok, I had Punch 12 at #2 although National 16 was somewhere way down the list.

In fact, I thought National 7 should have been the go to cover for the entire National run. Now, that's an absolutely gorgeous cover which I believe didn't even make the Top 40. :screwy::cloud9:

I know we have to wait for the article to be published before the list will be revealed but I assume it is okay to discuss the books in question? If so, I would like to say that if you did not select Punch Comics # 12 as your number one pick you are wrong. Wrong I say, WRONG! End of story :sumo:

I may have put it dead last :sorry:

Although I don't remember its actual location on my list, other than it was way down the list

I know we have to wait for the article to be published before the list will be revealed but I assume it is okay to discuss the books in question? If so, I would like to say that if you did not select Punch Comics # 12 National Comics 16 All-Select 1 as your number one pick you are wrong. Wrong I say, WRONG! End of story :sumo:

There-fixed that for ya.

In fact, I thought National 7 should have been the go to cover for the entire National run. Now, that's an absolutely gorgeous cover which I believe didn't even make the Top 40. :screwy::cloud9:

I agree on National 7 being awesome, and better than 16, but I don't get the huge interest in Punch 12-and I'm a horror guy! It's cool, don't get me wrong, but there are better horror covers and even better skull covers out there...plus if we are talking horror for horror among just the covers in this poll, IMHO Wonderworld 7 beats Punch hands down.

I know we have to wait for the article to be published before the list will be revealed but I assume it is okay to discuss the books in question? If so, I would like to say that if you did not select Punch Comics # 12 as your number one pick you are wrong. Wrong I say, WRONG! End of story :sumo:

I may have put it dead last :sorry:

Although I don't remember its actual location on my list, other than it was way down the list

:o

There-fixed that for ya.

I agree on National 7 being awesome, and better than 16, but I don't get the huge interest in Punch 12-and I'm a horror guy! It's cool, don't get me wrong, but there are better horror covers and even better skull covers out there...plus if we are talking horror for horror among just the covers in this poll, IMHO Wonderworld 7 beats Punch hands down.

You darn kids! Why I oughta ... :kidaround:

Everyone has their favorites, but the Punch and Wonderworld have always been favs of mine the cover artwork says it all :acclaim:

I think I rated Punch #12 fairly high, but my favorite Chesler has always been Dynamic #11 (the test-tube cover). Like many of my favorites, I don't even think that one made the top 100.

I've noticed that many collectors prefer books with simple but striking cover images--covers that can be fully comprehended at a glance. I like many of those covers, but overall I tend to prefer covers with some cleverness or some great details--ones that you have to spend a little more time with.

Everyone has their favorites, but the Punch and Wonderworld have always been favs of mine the cover artwork says it all :acclaim:

I think I rated Punch #12 fairly high, but my favorite Chesler has always been Dynamic #11 (the test-tube cover). Like many of my favorites, I don't even think that one made the top 100.

I've noticed that many collectors prefer books with simple but striking cover images--covers that can be fully comprehended at a glance. I like many of those covers, but overall I tend to prefer covers with some cleverness or some great details--ones that you have to spend a little more time with.

I can agree with you on that one Jimbo.

I don't recall exactly where I ranked it, but I ended up putting Punch 12 higher than I would have thought. While a cool cover, it hadn't been on my prior list of faves, but on comparsion, I kept on shoving it higher up the list than books I had thought more highly of.

Whatever happened to the results of this poll?

Hi Peter,

The results were completed right after the last poll. Heritage will be revealing the results in their magazine (Intelligent Collector) next month (Sept)....

Hi Peter,

The results were completed right after the last poll. Heritage will be revealing the results in their magazine (Intelligent Collector) next month (Sept)....

Thanks for following-up, Ben. (thumbs u

Yeah, given the Core Group Pact, our security clearances would be at risk if we shared this information early. ;)

Hi Peter,

Thanks for following-up, Ben. (thumbs u

Yeah, given the Core Group Pact, our security clearances would be at risk if we shared this information early. ;)

So, I guess we will have to wait another month before we can start discussing the final results of this poll here. Wait you be able to post a copy of the article here for those of us poor folks here who do not qualify for the Heritage IC magazine, because we are obviously not intelligent enough to warrant receiving a copy? lol:wishluck:

I am willing to place a bet that both 'Tec 31 and Punch 12 will end up being relatively high in the final results of the poll here. Certainly a far cry from the mid 90's when CBM ran an article asking readers to slect their Top 5 GA covers. They received a total of 35 submissions for a grand total of 175 possible selections from some prominent collectors at the time, and nobody except for one obviously unintelligent fool (i.e. namely yours truly) had picked either one of these books as one of their Top 5 covers. :o:flamed: