• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Phantom Lady 17 vs. 23
1 1

Phantom Lady 17 or 23  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Phantom Lady 17 or 23

88 posts in this topic

Btw there was some very convincing discussion earlier that PL 17 is not Baker and is in fact Feldstein or mostly Feldstein. If you compare the line work to the Sunny covers and similar Feldstein GGA works I think it's extremely compelling . Bakers stuff has a softer feel

I could believe it is not Baker. Even just the hand is way off of Baker's style and abilities.

23's the real deal. When your arms are yanked up like that, you are in some kind of distress. And it shows. The creepy guy with no eyes works and the strangely lit ceiling has a bad feeling to it.

17 is a commercial for makeup. "Eyes by Maybelline". There's a lot of floating around her head - a logo in her hair, the title intrudes in front of her face rather than behind her head, and all those text strings are hanging in space like they're fragrant word burps.

This is the first time in my life I've really taken more than 3 seconds to look at the two covers together. So mine is the absolute (best) unbiased opinion.

I like 23 more. Something about the facial expression on the 17 that I'm not crazy about. Have owned two copies of 17, and wish I still did. Eventually will buy another.

No contest for me. I've never liked PL 17: Her hair is weird, what's going on with the ropes? and her hands are poorly drawn. PL 23, otoh, is :cloud9: .

I was happy to pick up this copy. (That dang grease pencil number, though! :cry: )

lf_zpsiggmpqio.jpg

No contest for me. I've never liked PL 17: Her hair is weird, what's going on with the ropes? and her hands are poorly drawn. PL 23, otoh, is :cloud9: .

I was happy to pick up this copy. (That dang grease pencil number, though! :cry: )

lf_zpsiggmpqio.jpg

but her boobs look perkier in 17 (shrug)

...... but there are many days that I actually like 16 the best..... that gal is stunning. (thumbs u

Now, there's somebody with a spicy and saucy taste! That must be one of the most classic lingerie covers of all time. :cloud9::takeit:

Almost picked up a real killer years ago, but apparently somebody else had called in a few hours earlier and beat me to it. Probably turned out for the best since it was from Mark Wilson, so it most likely would have come back as a PLOD. :/

As for the debate between PL 17 and PL 23, I have always unsuccessfully gone after the 23, but this was just because I knew that 17 was way past my budget. If price was not a factor, it would still probably be a toss-up between the two of them. Some days, the full frontal shot of PL 17 looks nicer, and on other days, the close up on PL 23 looks nicer. (shrug)

I prefer 18 over both as well. In fact I prefer #13 over the other 2 as well. While not as, "sexy" As the others I still find it more intriguing (thumbs u

(thumbs u

9cc8c10c-a344-4825-9a75-d2565a6a519f_zps53e2821e.jpg

I love this cover and think it's great stuff, etc., but I have to say that the "sex appeal" factor is diminished significantly by that yellow hand!

I prefer 18 over both as well. In fact I prefer #13 over the other 2 as well. While not as, "sexy" As the others I still find it more intriguing (thumbs u

(thumbs u

I love this cover and think it's great stuff, etc., but I have to say that the "sex appeal" factor is diminished significantly by that yellow hand!

Maybe for you! :devil:

(thumbs u

Maybe for you! :devil:

Cat shoots..........................AND SCORES!!!!!!!! The crowd goes wild :applause::applause::applause::applause:

lf_zpsiggmpqio.jpg

Absolutely stunning copy!!!! (worship)

I'd rank PL 18 over both.

18 is my favorite Phantom Lady as well. I like the design/ layout of the cover, aesthetically the best in my opinion.

I had a very nice copy of 18 that I recently sold. I know it went to a great home, but I miss it terribly:

Phantom%20Lady%2018%20CGC%206.5%20front_zpsa51m3rtu.jpg

As to the comparison, I prefer the 17. Her facial expression, the body pose, it exudes sexuality.

lf_zpsiggmpqio.jpg

That grease pencil is just awful. Fortunately I run a grease pencil recycling plant, send it my way and I can take care of it for you. :foryou:

lf_zpsiggmpqio.jpg

That grease pencil is just awful. Fortunately I run a grease pencil recycling plant, send it my way and I can take care of it for you. :foryou:

:idea:

There's a nice looking (only the front cover shown, of course) 5.5 White copy of PL 23 in the current CLink auction. (Not my book ... just doing a public service! :D )

lf_zpsiggmpqio.jpg

Absolutely stunning copy!!!! (worship)

Thanks. I would love to see the 9.2 copy.

There's a nice looking (only the front cover shown, of course) 5.5 White copy of PL 23 in the current CLink auction. (Not my book ... just doing a public service! :D )

And have you seen the 9.4 copies of PL 14 and 16 in the August HA auction? :o

Whoa! I'll have to take a look.