• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Metropolis Comics

91 posts in this topic

Problem with that type of thread is that if we didn't put the names of the customers some people would think we were writing about them and get very upset.

Dealers are expected to pay for something/ship something immediately but should have no problem waiting to get paid. Dealers should always take the back seat when another more important expense comes up.

Dealers don't need the money, we have no expenses, our lives are all rainbows and unicorns where the magic money tree pays our bills.

Dealers are expected to be understanding, sympathetic, compassionate when somebody doesn't pay for something.

Dealers should sell for wholesale and buy at retail.

Dealers should know what every customers version of "FAIR" is by using the Comic Mind Meld.

Bob - you must know by now that I agree with you wholeheartedly, and I applaud you vigorously for championing our cause so vigorously, but seriously...you should try it over here.

And I'm not talking about the exchange rate.

I'm not sure of the connection between people not paying for books and Metropolis not shipping/updating an order in a timely fashion is but I will say we have threads here for bad customers just as much as dealers so it fair both ways.

I paid immediately. I always pay in a timely manner. 4+ weeks to ship an order ( which has not shipped yet) nor any follow up is not a good way to do business. Metro sets the expectation on their website of 3 weeks from payment to ship. They clearly outline that their customer has 7 days to ship items to them and then processing time. Things do happen but I should not have to call after I emailed already for an update ( it really is the dumb response when someone posts that.) For one of the biggest dealers around , they should have a better system . It makes you wonder if they either do not have enough staff , the established system is inadequate and/or there are mistakes being made. Since this seems to be a fairly consistent issue among their customers, it is segment of their business they should take a look at. Is it going to make me stop doing business with them? No, I have no doubt they are a good company overall. Will it make me look to a competitor that has the same book but always ships fast ? Yes.

1 month, no tracking , no shipment and no follow up since my last email.

Not good Metro.

My order (from ComicConnect auction) placed June 11, shipped July 11th.

Actually a little faster than I usually see.

And just a point of comparison - Monday I bid on and won a few items in MyComicShop's monthly auction. Today I saw the last book I was interested in was above my price point, so I went through checkout and paid at 12:41pm. At 3:47pm I received notice that my order had shipped.

And this is with 2 days remaining in the auction. Hard to beat that.

Not good Metro.

And just a point of comparison - Monday I bid on and won a few items in MyComicShop's monthly auction. Today I saw the last book I was interested in was above my price point, so I went through checkout and paid at 12:41pm. At 3:47pm I received notice that my order had shipped.

That's impressive. Is that generally how quickly they ship?

Not good Metro.

I placed an order last Friday for some books I needed to fill a run. They got here on Tuesday. So they're pretty fast.

Lackadaisical shipping from sellers sends the message to the customer that they're just not important.

I always pay immediately and it gets frustrating having to email or call someone for a tracking number because the package didn't show up, only to be informed that the book hasn't even been mailed yet despite several weeks having passed.

I believe it's irresponsible for a seller to accept the buyer's money and then mail the book out when it's more convenient for them, even if that means weeks later (with no communication unless pressed, of course).

Sure there are circumstances when a book can't be mailed in a timely manner, and I do try to cut the auction houses some slack because they are dealing with such a high volume of orders.

But for the repeated lazy shipper, that means I'll be taking my business elsewhere.

I'm sympathetic to some of the hoops that dealers have to go through, but customer service is customer service. Treat customers like an afterthought and you'll become an afterthought the next time they're in the market for something. If it's a staffing issue, communicate the issue with the buyer.

Problem with that type of thread is that if we didn't put the names of the customers some people would think we were writing about them and get very upset.

Dealers are expected to pay for something/ship something immediately but should have no problem waiting to get paid. Dealers should always take the back seat when another more important expense comes up.

Dealers don't need the money, we have no expenses, our lives are all rainbows and unicorns where the magic money tree pays our bills.

Dealers are expected to be understanding, sympathetic, compassionate when somebody doesn't pay for something.

Dealers should sell for wholesale and buy at retail.

Dealers should know what every customers version of "FAIR" is by using the Comic Mind Meld.

Whoa, somebody needs a walk for some fresh air... :baiting:

Not really, so long as they are good looking. :D

Not really, so long as they are good looking. :D

bobbling_zpsbg2qlhuu.jpg

Not good Metro.

They've always been pretty quick for me, within 2 or 3 days of ordering. Over the last several months, according to their newsletter, they have been concentrating on quick shipment, and my last couple shipments have gone out within 24 hours.

I paid with CC.

I'll get in contact with them to see why. Thanks for the quick responses!

So once again are you telling us you didn't call them first before starting this post?

Why should he have to call them first? He paid, they haven't shipped. That's 5hit service and I'd post about it as well. Why should a buyer have to call a vendor to find out about shipping issues. Shouldn't the party being paid contact the buyer if there are shipping issues?

Why are comic book dealers heald to a lower standard than any other on-line vendor? Afraid to upset them on the chance they may one day have a book you want? If so, that's a bad reason to put up with bad service.

I paid with CC.

So once again are you telling us you didn't call them first before starting this post?

I shouldn't have to wait a month without ANY communication about a book I ordered and paid for.

I paid with CC.

I shouldn't have to wait a month without ANY communication about a book I ordered and paid for.

.... they notify when the book ships, at least, they have for my orders. I believe that is the extent of communication, unless you call or email. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I paid with CC.

.... they notify when the book ships, at least, they have for my orders. I believe that is the extent of communication, unless you call or email. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

They do notify when they ship. I'm still waiting also from Comic Connect . Bought a book June 19th. It's pending.