• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic comics 3

100 posts in this topic

because it's so very great. I figure a good should sell for vicinity of 10K--if i still needed one, i'd sure pay that.

i wouldn't have any interest at all in a coverless; the book is ALL cover, and whatever cachet it holds in the hobby would be as gone as the missing cover.

i wouldn't have any interest at all in a coverless; the book is ALL cover, and whatever cachet it holds in the hobby would be as gone as the missing cover.

I don't entirely agree -- great stories in those early issues! -- but the market certainly does. There was a coverless copy that made the rounds last year (though incomplete, to be fair), and struggled to sell for a few hundred.

because it's so very great. I figure a good should sell for vicinity of 10K--if i still needed one, i'd sure pay that.

You need to crack yours out. It has one of the best early interiors I've ever seen. Just great early Sci-Fi. IIRC it has 2 Fletcher Hanks stories and a killer octopus story.

You need to crack yours out. It has one of the best early interiors I've ever seen. Just great early Sci-Fi. IIRC it has 2 Fletcher Hanks stories and a killer octopus story.

your word is good enough for me!!!!!! this'un stays entombed.

fantastic3-1.jpg

fantastic3-1.jpg

Beautiful book there, PAL. :applause:(thumbs u

fantastic3-1.jpg

Beautiful!! And, it was cool that Comicconnect provided wine bottles with Fantastic 3 as the label. A wonderful Christmas gift. Did you get one Billy?

I see CGC case refers to as "classic robot cover" which certainly is.

Is there a definitive list of issues classed by CGC in the same terms.

I was looking at a copy of Action 36 and CGC notes that robot cover but not referred to as classic.

It would be interesting to know those regarded by CGC as classic.

fantastic3-1.jpg

Beautiful!! And, it was cool that Comicconnect provided wine bottles with Fantastic 3 as the label. A wonderful Christmas gift. Did you get one Billy?

they sent me the drunk stark one; I'd trade for the f 3 in a second!

This is one book I would suggest people handle as little as possible. The spine is extremely weak and prone to splitting with the least provocation.

This is one book I would suggest people handle as little as possible. The spine is extremely weak and prone to splitting with the least provocation.

exactly; my 7.5'ish looking book is in a 5.0 holder because there's a split from the top staple to the top edge. i believe the central valley has the identical defect.

exactly; my 7.5'ish looking book is in a 5.0 holder because there's a split from the top staple to the top edge. i believe the central valley has the identical defect.

That issue is particularly prone to spine splits and they can even occur spontaneously, which is what is thought to have happened to the CV copy.

This is true, I handled this one too much on a windy day and now the back cover is floating out over the Pacific...

c1a13fb9-6995-4937-90b3-4c7be4d7f0be_zpsysnvhaih.jpg