• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman Set Group Shot #1-423, Annuals 1-12, Specials 1-3

95 posts in this topic

Amazing and awe-inspiring!!

Could you weigh in on the hardest issues for you to find?

I've heard (and my experience confirmed during my foray into collecting # 60-120 a few years ago) that the hardest / lowest print issues were surprisingly # 102 and # 106.

What say you?

Thanks for all the great comments guys, keep them coming!

I think the period from issues 60-106 encompassed the hardest to find overall in any grade, but also in those upper/midgrades I was after (cgc 6.0-8.0).

I never tried to calculate extant copies by issue (not sure if that data could be put together but would certainly be interesting), so all my info is anecdotal.

But the hardest issues for me (based on just tying to find a decent copy, not getting overly ambitious for a super high grade copy) were #60-90; that was the hardest streak to find in the set, in particular the late 60s and late 70s. The more key issues like 74 were exceptions, though. Their key status makes them easier to find, of course.

Joey

You should resub the entire run

That way the serial numbers would be sequential :cloud9:

You know, that would be a very cool idea! Some similar discussion was had when we first talked about the new cases.......but could you imagine? a sequentially numbered set :cloud9:

Working on a handful of upgrades I'd like to get to make it officially in line with my goals

Superman 1-125: cgc 6.0+

Superman 126-200, annuals 1-8: cgc 7.0+

Superman 201-423, annuals 9-12, specials 1-3: cgc 9.4+

I'll post this in cgc General as well but if anyone can help me with any of these books, I'd appreciate it!

Annual #10

Special #2

Thanks all! Will post updated group shots and pics! Thanks

Joey

You should resub the entire run

That way the serial numbers would be sequential :cloud9:

You know, that would be a very cool idea! Some similar discussion was had when we first talked about the new cases.......but could you imagine? a sequentially numbered set :cloud9:

I think the God of OCD just exploded in delight.

Yes sir - it is! And there is no one on planet earth who is more qualified to say that, than you!!

I've got an 9.0 at this point, but since all books from 201-423 are cgc 9.4 or better (minus this remaining handful), I'm anxious to find them?

245 is also a challenge for sure. But I picked up a raw copy after 2 years of pleading with the owner lol and I think it's got a solid shot!

Joey

Update - for all interested!

Here are some top of mind upgrades I've picked up on the supes run since I first starred the thread

Supes 13 cgc 6.5 to cgc 8.0

Supes 30 cgc 8.0 to cgc 9.0

Supes 31 cgc 7.0 to cgc 8.0

Supes 60 cgc 5.0 to cgc 6.0

Supes 78 cgc 5.5 to cgc 6.5

Supes 79 cgc 5.0 to cgc 6.5

Supes 252 cgc 9.2 to cgc 9.4

(And picked up a few more of the later number issues that needed upgrades). A dozen or so are at cgc and another dozen or so need to be submitted