• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Overstreet 2016 has arrived

23 posts in this topic

Almost no changes in values for all my books. Not a surprise for some, but others leaves a little bit to suspect since they've been hot books all year long. I personally don't think they put much effort to "updating" much of this data all.

People still use this book? It's outdated by the time they print it, like Brian mention, assuming they even update it at all?

Sure. It has uses other than to check prices.

Almost no changes in values for all my books. Not a surprise for some, but others leaves a little bit to suspect since they've been hot books all year long. I personally don't think they put much effort to "updating" much of this data all.

G-O-O-D!

I have OPG HC with Russ Heath is still wrapped with the plastic. I will keep it as a treasure.

People still use this book? It's outdated by the time they print it, like Brian mention, assuming they even update it at all?

Jerome

It's a treasure trove of information, and provides a valuable baseline for pricing. The market reports also are full of informative information about the state of the market.

It does have the limitation of not capturing pricing on volatile new releases well. It also is disconnected from scarce book Golden Age pricing, simply due to the lack of data points to rely upon.

I currently use 43rd OPG if I can't find the guide price via Heritage website. Sometimes, I use mycomicshop.com to compare their prices to 43rd OPG so I establish the appropriate price for the book.

I never bought a single OPG but I got one from my friend and always check the most recent OPG out of the local library.

One time, I paid and downloaded OPG PDF via Heritage but never do that again. Not much changes. It's kind of waste of money.

Jerome

I only read it for the articles....

Also, the market place yearbook. Both en route to me now.

Any idea on the Tec 69 movement?

I imagine it went up the standard 5-6% per year per Overstreet's spreadsheet formula. :wishluck:

No, looks like there must be a bit of heat on this book as he bumped the top of guide up $1,000 or by 13% or 14%. Looks like he is increasing the spread which is pretty typical as the bottom of guide only went up by 8.5%. I guess this means the book must be available in the higher grades and trading for bigger premiums up there.

Contrast that with 'Tec 31 where the top of guide went up by only 14+% while the bottom of guide went up by 54% as Overstreet is narrowing the spread on this book here. I assume he must be taking into account all of the low end sales that is taking place on this book in the CGC 0.5 to CGC 2.5 grade range at multiples to condition guide price. Don't believe there's been an actual sale on a HG copy of this book for years now.

And if Overstreet is only increasing the top of guide price by his standard 4-5%, this usually means there is actually no price increase as he is normally just increasing the spread here as the book really just sells for a premium at the top end only. If there is no increase at all, that usually means the book will sell only at a discount to guide. hm

Just my own personal interpretation of the guide and their price movements for what its worth. (shrug)

Jerome

It's a treasure trove of information, and provides a valuable baseline for pricing. The market reports also are full of informative information about the state of the market.

It does have the limitation of not capturing pricing on volatile new releases well. It also is disconnected from scarce book Golden Age pricing, simply due to the lack of data points to rely upon.

And it's still in use as a price guide by a great many collectors and dealers. It should not be considered a "bible" in terms of pricing. Those days are long gone. No one price guide can be that anymore.