• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tales to Astonish Appreciation Thread
1 1

1,446 posts in this topic

...and the Ceegie Award for Meritorious Service goes to Rodan57!

Great post, and the story held up better than I'd remembered!

Hey now, I get an assist. I delivered the puck, Rodan just put it in the net. :sumo:lol

I just made a deal for a nice presentable lower grade TTA27, will post pics when it gets here :banana:
:applause: great book to own. It's second only to my Hulk 1 for me.
The copy I bought is raw, I will more than likely send it out to be pressed and slabbed.It will be next in line to my Hulk 1 in my sig line.

I think the book could certainly achieve 4.0 like I said, I plan to have it pressed and slabbed. I don't think it is out of the question that the book grades higher. Time will tell. I liked your copy but couldn't get past that top right corner or I would have made a play for it. I should have it in hand hopefully by the weeks end. I want to have it graded here in the "buddy spare a grade" thread. You will like it, it's got nice eye appeal.

I think the book could certainly achieve 4.0 like I said, I plan to have it pressed and slabbed. I don't think it is out of the question that the book grades higher. Time will tell. I liked your copy but couldn't get past that top right corner or I would have made a play for it. I should have it in hand hopefully by the weeks end. I want to have it graded here in the "buddy spare a grade" thread. You will like it, it's got nice eye appeal.

Yeah, I didn't like my copy either. I'm glad it's gone. :headbang:

Heritage has a perty 4.5 ending next Sunday. Knowing how HA sales have been playing, expect that book to sell 1000-1200 and possibly higher :eek:

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=121216&lotNo=13448

Edited by Junkdrawer

Heritage has a perty 4.5 ending next Sunday. Knowing how HA sales have been playing, expect that book to sell 1000-1200 and possibly higher :eek:

Towards the end of the year I'm gonna find myself a nice 6.0 or so.

Towards the end of the year I'm gonna find myself a nice 6.0 or so.

That will be quite the aquisition (thumbs u

I love the cover of the TTA 85 .. reminds me of the WWII era DC - the birds eye angle w Hero swinging out of the cover. Simple lines and rendering of the ocean as it fades into the top ... a Classic.

Same here!

The top to bottom miswrap is a little annoying but for the price, not nearly bad enough to scare me off.