• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tales to Astonish Appreciation Thread
1 1

1,446 posts in this topic

:banana:

DSCI1010.jpg

The Living Eraser takes a lot of flack as a lame villain, but I have fond memories of this story. I thought the eraser process to be rather creepy :eek: and the Don Heck art to be extraordinary. And .... the first Giant Man. (thumbs u Great book.

The Living Eraser takes a lot of flack as a lame villain, but I have fond memories of this story. I thought the eraser process to be rather creepy :eek: and the Don Heck art to be extraordinary. And .... the first Giant Man. (thumbs u Great book.

I'm glad to see others enjoy the Living Eraser too. :)

Don Heck really makes the visuals work. I love the eraser process too, it makes for some really interesting art that is classic Silver Age. When I initially got into SA collecting I thought this cover was just the coolest, and I never thought I would own a copy this nice.

I have been after a nice pedigree copy for a while, I missed this last year, a boardie sold another copy cheap (missed that too) and I believe last year a pedigree copy sold on CC for around $1k which is just way too expensive. Was shocked that Doug's 9.8 went for about $1,500, I would have chased it a bit harder but I thought it would have fetched $2k easy. Its a s basic cover but a cool Kirby one too boot.