• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,293 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Only the first 7 issues of the title. 

The #1 has a coupon cut out of the front cover. Another boardie owns the #2. I own the #3 and #5 (see below). The #4 and #7 are both nice. Jon Berk had the #6 (another boardie got it in auction).

Planet5Larson.png

This singular book has made me think I'll never own a Planet 5 because the colors are so exceptional.  I've not seen one that is adequate.  

2 hours ago, buttock said:

Yeah, lots!  My ex wasn't happy that I spent that much money.  Does that count? 

Yes! That’s the drama I was looking for! You ended up with a steady companion that never questions your comic buying habits. What more can one ask for? World peace?:insane:

17 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Jay, I don't know why Larson Planets don't extend further - since Larsons went through 11/41, there should have been more in the collection but sadly not.

I've told this story before, but the Larson Planet 6 was once mine for a few seconds. Jon Berk was standing right behind me when I pulled it out of a dealer's box at SDCC (this was back in the day). and I can still hear the lust in his voice and see the wanting in his eyes. So I merely handed the book over to him and the rest, as they say, is history.

Great book, if you ever upgrade you know where to send it! :cloud9:

Great story!

7 hours ago, jhutton2 said:

Although I have a Universal copy of Planet #2, its low grade (2.5) with Brittle pages.  #2 is one of my run that is definitely on my "want to upgrade" list.  It will likely be financially painful when that finally happens I anticipate.

My copy is also one I am wanting to upgrade. Like you I also anticipate that it will be financially painful. How about we make a pact: If you find a copy you want to bid on let me know so I don't bid against you. I will do the same. :)

Sure!  I have assembled my Planets today but recently cleaned up and reorganized a lot of stuff, including my collection.  My #35 and #28 are MIA, lol, they will show up, I just need to sort through a mountain of stuff :) 

17 hours ago, buttock said:

Planet 2.jpg

Wow, nice copy!

Not sure, are you saying this is the Larson copy? I was quite certain the Larson copy of issue 2 had the word "Larson" written on the front cover. I have seen it. Was there more than 1 of these?

Edited by Artboy99

49 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

Wow, nice copy!

Not sure, are you saying this is the Larson copy? I was quite certain the Larson copy of issue 2 had the word "Larson" written on the front cover. I have seen it. Was there more than 1 of these?

Is the name partially erased under the "C" in Comics? hm

1 hour ago, entalmighty1 said:

Hard to see, but if you can adjust the contrast a little, you can make out the "Larson" in pencil running down the L rivet beam. (thumbsu 

ah yes it is there and these old eyes couldn't see the signature.

Interesting: I really couldn't see the writing when looking at it on the much larger screen of my desktop computer but I can see it easily on my phone.

Edited by Artboy99

11 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

ah yes it is there and these old eyes couldn't see the signature.

Interesting: I really couldn't see the writing when looking at it on the much larger screen of my desktop computer but I can see it easily on my phone.

For someone that can't see, you sure are a hell of an artist Karl!

1 minute ago, entalmighty1 said:

For someone that can't see, you sure are a hell of an artist Karl!

thanks!

my eyesight is getting worse as i get older but when I do art I take my glasses off and lean down extremely close to the paper so I can do art.