• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,186 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Sqeggs said:

I think Church books have been going for very strong multiples the past couple of years.  No data to back it up, just an impression.  Whether the flood of Church books being sold lately on Heritage will take some of the shine off the ped remains to be seen.  But I'd be wary of overpaying for these books.  Unless, of course, I'm the one doing it, in which case it was a savvy move. 

So you'd be wary of being savvy, but only if you won?

3 minutes ago, Flex Mentallo said:
5 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

I think Church books have been going for very strong multiples the past couple of years.  No data to back it up, just an impression.  Whether the flood of Church books being sold lately on Heritage will take some of the shine off the ped remains to be seen.  But I'd be wary of overpaying for these books.  Unless, of course, I'm the one doing it, in which case it was a savvy move. 

So you'd be wary of being savvy, but only if you won?

No, in that case I'd be leery.  

3 minutes ago, Spyder! said:

I sincerely hope that some of these Church books go to boardies.

I agree.

I have been looking at the books over the afternoon when I can and for the most part almost all of the books are beyond what I would want to pay and I anticipate frenzied bidding increasing the prices at auction closing. I am pretty confident I am going to be buying ZERO of these. :(

Edited by Artboy99

1 minute ago, Artboy99 said:

I agree.

I have been looking at the books over the afternoon when I can and for the most part almost all of the books are beyond what I would want to pay and I anticipate frenzied bidding increasing the prices at auction closing. I am pretty confident I am going to be buying ZERO of these. :(

:sorry:

3 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

I agree.

Yeah, it seems like with about 37 minutes to go, we're starting to the exponential escalation phase of bidding... (for all those math geeks out there)

6 minutes ago, Flex Mentallo said:
8 minutes ago, Spyder! said:

I sincerely hope that some of these Church books go to boardies.

Well spoken - good luck to the home team, wish I was playing.

I knew you had a tough season, but I didn't realize you'd been relegated. :foryou:

1 minute ago, Zolnerowich said:

Yeah, it seems like with about 37 minutes to go, we're starting to the exponential escalation phase of bidding... (for all those math geeks out there)

I think you're being hyperbolic. 

Just now, Sqeggs said:

With CC's way of closing auctions, anyone who is chasing multiples of these is likely to go crazy jumping from window to window to window to window ... as the clock keeps resetting. 

I was involved with a fellow board member in a CC auction for a Punch Comics 12 that lasted around 40 minutes of extra time. It can be painful.