• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,186 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

most already are multiples of guide.

I guess I should have said, 'multiples of non-ped values' - and yes, some already are. So to pursue that further, will most or all of the lesser issues follow suit just because they are Church copies, regardless of any other factor, such as eye appeal? Somebody get me a lawyer [just not Michael Cohen]

3 minutes ago, Flex Mentallo said:

I guess I should have said, 'multiples of non-ped values' - and yes, some already are. So to pursue that further, will most or all of the lesser issues follow suit just because they are Church copies, regardless of any other factor, such as eye appeal? Somebody get me a lawyer [just not Michael Cohen]

I say yes. Nearly all will be higher values simply because they are Church books

4 hours ago, szavisca said:

On the bright side if some single Uber bidder scoops all of these up it wil surely be a boon to sellers of the marketplace here.

A lot of people seem to have built up warchests and they may be itching for a consolation prize when they find themselves unable to grab any of the Church Planets.

If a warchest < $100...then I'm golden. :banana:

2 hours ago, goldenacase said:

This came today.....I missed a lower grade higher priced one on Clink so was happy when this popped up on the boards great color WP tough book. I don't see one of these being auctioned tonight:cool:

IMG_2452-3.jpg

THAT IS ALL KINDS OF NICE!!

:applause: Dubble G seal of approval.

Edited by Dubble G

Three hours to go. #58 CGC 9.4 at $4544 stands out for me, given it's only third highest graded. It's that tendency to go high beginning to quicken on sundry Church books I was looking for - not just the freakish early Rivets. To put that in perspective, I paid $2988 for my 9.6 in 2014, and of course, it isn't even the sharp end of the auction yet, so could well go much higher. Perhaps a sign of bidding wars yet to thrill.

Personally it wouldn’t surprise me at all if even the non-key issues under 30 closed for at least 10k and the over 30 issues for at least 5k.  It might get crazy if some well heeled collector  try’s to keep them all together.  My money is on the Planet 1 outpacing the Pep 22. 

4 hours ago, goldenacase said:

This came today.....I missed a lower grade higher priced one on Clink so was happy when this popped up on the boards great color WP tough book. I don't see one of these being auctioned tonight:cool:

IMG_2452-3.jpg

Great book! We are 5.0 twins on this one. Although mine does not have white pages :cry:

I thought you got it for a great price. 

14 hours ago, Flex Mentallo said:
18 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

So, you're saying some of them have brittle pages? :whatthe:

One day they all will!

Actually, I think some of my pages are already at least SB. :cry:

3 hours ago, Flex Mentallo said:
3 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

I say yes. Nearly all will be higher values simply because they are Church books

Say, 2.5 times higher?

I think Church books have been going for very strong multiples the past couple of years.  No data to back it up, just an impression.  Whether the flood of Church books being sold lately on Heritage will take some of the shine off the ped remains to be seen.  But I'd be wary of overpaying for these books.  Unless, of course, I'm the one doing it, in which case it was a savvy move.