• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,186 posts in this topic

On 6/7/2018 at 11:50 AM, kelholt said:

Planets are great books to collect, especially in runs. We all have our favorite cover sections  ...Rivets...Renee ...Doolin...Whitmans, etc. It is cool to own/see them in order of issue number.

With that in mind, post your 3 favorite Planet books mini run you own that are in numerical order. These may not be your highest graded or one favorite book but a snapshot of the series at the printed time that you like best.

Let’s keep it to 3 and this will give some a hard decision to narrow down as well as letting many play along.

Remember, 3 in numerical order that you own that are your favorite grouping of 3.

Here is mine currently: 32 33 34

506F8465-F71D-44B0-B8B8-970F2E2B54AD.thumb.jpeg.a6e04a0c4e13e9eb399f5e9f964ff5ed.jpeg

Resurrecting this old post to get my 2 cents in. It’s not easy to pick a favorite 3 in a row, but I think I would have to go with these:

89F6BE5C-878E-49EB-931F-7B5B1EEB2971.jpeg

81A70599-09BF-41BC-8EC3-29005AE6B67F.jpeg

AD3A9B59-680F-4781-8BE6-2F8CB07B5E8F.jpeg

Edited by Spyder!
Got the 14 slabbed

Just now, Flex Mentallo said:

Alternatively, the hypothetical uber bidder will break everyone's spirit early on and convince everyone else that there is no point even bidding and they will get the later issues relatively cheaply.

The uber bidder is gonna get hurt on the 5-6 I really would like to have. 

1 minute ago, Flex Mentallo said:

Alternatively, the hypothetical uber bidder will break everyone's spirit early on and convince everyone else that there is no point even bidding and they will get the later issues relatively cheaply.

That in itself won't matter to the 'uber-bidder' because rest assured money is not an issue. But an auction is an auction and you never know what happens, so I say if you really want a book...then bid for it. Personally I do not trust these type of sales...far too much room for 'manipulation'. 2c

Some of the prices in this sale are going to be stratospheric. Interest in Planet books could really go into orbit after this. It could lead to a post sale vacuum or more likely a meteor shower of books offered for sale as people strive to cash in on all things Planet.

PS. No puns were harmed in the writing of this post.

3 hours ago, Flex Mentallo said:

Just a theory, but I don’t think so.   Too many keeners will continue to watch hoping desperately to pick up at least one book without crushing their bank account.

On 12/8/2018 at 1:51 PM, kelholt said:

I believe a vast majority of the books will be 10k or more.....2c 

You guys are depressing me. 

3 minutes ago, Spyder! said:

I’m still the high bidder on 1 single digit issue, but based on what everyone is saying, I don’t stand a chance! (Which I already figured)

I was the high bidder on one as well but now it's out of my price range...its very discouraging...