• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,186 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Artboy99 said:

many golden age books have definitely increased in value in those 4 years and this is the Church copy ( arguably the greatest pedigree).

I must acknowledge your point though:

Yes I do believe that the Church pedigree is the greatest, but still! What an incredible rate of growth in 4 years. Why was I ignorant of the Planets 4 years ago :cry: ?

12 minutes ago, Spyder! said:

Yes I do believe that the Church pedigree is the greatest, but still! What an incredible rate of growth in 4 years. Why was I ignorant of the Planets 4 years ago :cry: ?

images.jpg

4 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

While perusing the CC auction I couldn’t help but notice that the price for the 15 was outpacing some of the others. https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=149765

Pretty unbelievable group and I can’t figure out which one to take a stab at. 

I'm high bidder on exactly one.  I don't rate my chances of actually winning that one very highly. :frown:

9 minutes ago, jhutton2 said:

Sigh....Uber bidder only let me stay as high bidder for five minutes on three books.   At least I cost them some money, it’s about the only pleasure I am getting from this auction 😜

Punishment bidding...:cloud9:

3 minutes ago, Grantley Goddard said:

Punishment bidding...:cloud9:

By about 12k.   If someone can keep track of the final hammer on the planets it would be appreciated.   I will probably be at dinner tonight with the family and likely not able to watch the auction live as it ends 😀

12 minutes ago, jhutton2 said:

By about 12k.   If someone can keep track of the final hammer on the planets it would be appreciated.   I will probably be at dinner tonight with the family and likely not able to watch the auction live as it ends 😀

Yep. 

Ending at an unfortunate time for me as well. I will be on the road, so it will be impossible for me to try to snipe.

I'm going to lay down my highest bid and pray for the best. 

The real question is...how crazy am I willing to get? 

5 minutes ago, szavisca said:

On the bright side if some single Uber bidder scoops all of these up it wil surely be a boon to sellers of the marketplace here.

A lot of people seem to have built up warchests and they may be itching for a consolation prize when they find themselves unable to grab any of the Church Planets.

Indeed. 

I've thought about what I will have to buy to cure my depression if I lose! 

2 hours ago, newshane said:

I've thought about what I will have to buy to cure my depression if I lose! 

Maybe I should run a sales thread. hm

For the children, of course.