• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,186 posts in this topic

On 4/3/2019 at 8:07 PM, Spyder! said:

Not higher grade, but this book has been a tough one for me to find in even semi-presentable shape. Doesn’t seem to get talked about as one of the tougher, late run books, but it sure has been a hard one to find for me.  I haven’t seen any really nice copies of 72 since I started collecting Planets last summer.  I can’t wait to get this one in hand.  I really enjoy this cover.

D9B4305B-D007-4A14-A9C3-4E38097F03D1.jpeg

I love the combination of sci-fi/fantasy in this one.  It's definitely my favorite non-rivet. 

Finally in receipt of my CC winnings, nothing quite like the thrill of getting 3 single digit Planets in one day (4 when you count Spyder's 6 undercopy, which arrived same day)!!  :whee:

But as I've been looking over my 2, I am wondering about the cover artist.  CGC credits Lou Fine, but comics.org credits Eisner.  I seem to recall reading something about it possibly being a collaboration...  I'm sure there is a thread here somewhere, but wondering if anyone can shed any light on this.