• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,186 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Bird said:

When I was catching up earlier I forgot to include this one! (sorry, looks slightly out of focus...d'oh!)

image.jpg

While I’m here I’ll stick this other book in here because it kind of fits and I like it!

image.jpg

Man, looking at this thread I am too much of a bottom feeder, gonna have to start ponying up from now on!!!

No shame in low grade Planets! 

0370D2AA-054D-454D-9513-624263243C25.jpeg

55 minutes ago, Flex Mentallo said:

Was it an arresting moment?

unfortunately no. I found his obituary 😕 The interesting thing at least I thought so was that this gentleman resided in Quebec Canada and the seller I bought the book from was in ohio. The book has some amateur restoration I mean restoration 101 kind of stuff. but the way I look at it is that this gentleman took his time to try and rescue this beat up book the least I could do is show appreciation for his time and effort.

37 minutes ago, Miamiknight3434 said:

unfortunately no. I found his obituary 😕 The interesting thing at least I thought so was that this gentleman resided in Quebec Canada and the seller I bought the book from was in ohio. The book has some amateur restoration I mean restoration 101 kind of stuff. but the way I look at it is that this gentleman took his time to try and rescue this beat up book the least I could do is show appreciation for his time and effort.

The kind of story I love...

6 hours ago, mwotka said:

Stunning 9.4 copy! 

I love this cover too, another Lily Renee classic, and the purchase of this particular issue at a con led to me meeting a great collector friend, so for me some of these issues have great attachment beyond the immediate liking of the issue itself. 

Also, seems like this issue has some significant variation in wrapping. 

planet 35.jpg

Really eye-popping colors on this one!!!