• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,186 posts in this topic

On 3/21/2021 at 11:32 AM, SuperGrover said:

My 42 is one of my earliest Planets. Which makes it one of the covers that really got me into Planets! It has it all: Girl, Gun, Monster, and cool colors... and a story title "Slave of the Hydra".

Doesn't get any cooler than that! And wow, I had NO idea the rabbit hole I was about to fall into! :insane:

planet 42 cgc 7.5.JPG

I agree that 42 is pretty awesome.  For me, issues 40 - 64 are the least exciting part of the run.  It's post Lily Renee covers, and pre Whitman.  However, there are a few in that group I really like, and 42 is one of them.

5 minutes ago, goldenacase said:

Definitely one of my Crown Jewels with no 9.6 on the census and a Church ^^

pla1.645a-2.jpg

Very nice.  I missed seeing the auction where the church copies were offered.  Who was the consignor for these?

1 hour ago, cheetah said:

Very nice.  I missed seeing the auction where the church copies were offered.  Who was the consignor for these?

I believe they were Stephen Fisher's. ComicConnect had the auction about 4 years ago,I bought this from Rick shortly after he decided to sell a few of his from the auction. I do miss Rick's sales threads he has offered up some great books!

Edited by goldenacase