• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,186 posts in this topic

On 3/13/2022 at 6:57 PM, Spyder! said:

Upgrade just arrived. :banana: It’s getting harder and harder to upgrade my rivet run. Not sure how many more I’ll be able to upgrade, but happy to have this one. 

AB940374-AE75-42B0-B7C6-6A801DDD9F0C.jpeg

Nothing like a Sunday delivery. :headbang:

Congratulations.

Saw some sales in the current c-link auction. Super impressive what they sell for. Is there another sci-fi golden age book that can match Planets in sales? I don’t think so. I mean mid grade copies of later issues still selling for thousands. Very strong!

On 3/25/2022 at 7:57 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

Saw some sales in the current c-link auction. Super impressive what they sell for. Is there another sci-fi golden age book that can match Planets in sales? I don’t think so. I mean mid grade copies of later issues still selling for thousands. Very strong!

Yes very strong sales indeed.

Science Comics would be the only other GA sci-fi title I could think of with similarly strong results. Far fewer data points though.

On 3/28/2022 at 2:11 PM, szav said:

For so many new to GA  collectors, Planet Comics are the gateway to more dangerous and expensive books.  Welcome to the hunt!

having recently placed a Comiclink bid over $4000 usd for a Planet Comics book and losing the gateway is indeed within that title.