• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,186 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, Grantley Goddard said:

Ditto, and arguably the best cover in the post rivet run.

There was a best Planet covers poll done here a year or two ago.  Planet 65 was in top three in the poll. I can’t remember the results.  

I found the thread where we got this started thanks to @Junkdrawer but I think the poll function wasn’t working right on the boards then.  

Maybe someone can get it going again.  

Edited by Ricksneatstuff

6 hours ago, mwotka said:

Just scored this baby off eBay last week, love it and presents great for a split cover.  And I just scored a grail from Rick yesterday, will post once I have it in hand...  Welcome to the madness Spyder, it has been an obsession of mine since 2010, when I first saw and immediately bought my first issue, the great 65.

planet 9.jpg

Nice looking book! I bid on that one too, but I should have bid more, clearly.  Presents very well. 

On 6/23/2018 at 9:21 AM, Ricksneatstuff said:

There was a best Planet covers poll done here a year or two ago.  Planet 65 was in top three in the poll. I can’t remember the results.  

I found the thread where we got this started thanks to @Junkdrawer but I think the poll function wasn’t working right on the boards then.  

Maybe someone can get it going again.  

Yeah the results didn’t display correctly for me when I tried to view them.  I would be curious to see the results!  #66 is my fave though.

1 hour ago, Zolnerowich said:

I got my copy from boardie Soft-Serve, whose Planet collection had some of the most vividly colored covers I’ve ever seen.

402C25FC-F0E4-4807-8AC2-58BDCD96E4B3.thumb.jpeg.2fe4044fd1c5914922b1ac930fab9651.jpeg

Bonus: Mysta of the Moon splash page, by artist unknown, with touch-ups by Charles Sultan (as per comics.org). I wouldn’t trust that robot.

7F467B24-3CDC-4A5F-BD93-76C949DDD887.thumb.jpeg.68d4f5ccac45843269a038b45aea1f11.jpeg

I wouldn't trust him either!  Great covers!

14 hours ago, comicjack said:

Love the Mars splash page and thanks for posting it (thumbsu

14 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

Agreed! Never seen it before, even though I own the book AND the Planet Comics compendium!

Great interiors! I’ve read this before and I don’t remember either! Time to take this book out of the vault for a fresh read. 

2 hours ago, mwotka said:

About that grail I mentioned above, it just arrived today, courtesy of Ricksneatstuff.  Seems like I've been searching for this one for years, one of my top 5 favorite covers.  Thanks again Rick, love it!

planet 33.jpg

That one has a fairly decent red on the dress too, which I always appreciate.