• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2016 Green Eggs Grading Contest- Round 3

113 posts in this topic

I guess it's consoling that every miss I've had is from undergrading the subject book. I guess.

I didn't think a prominent chip missing on fc could grade so high even on golden age.

My understanding was max grade is a 3.0 for a 1/2in corner missing, 4.0 for 1/4in triangle. That WAS my understanding until CGC just blew my mind a few minutes ago.

I thought 5.0 on the unseen. Given those defects, and age of the book, I've seen them be very generous. I thought the Fantastic was 2.5. I guess that wicked chunk on the bottom left, coupled with the brittleness, and weird top brought it down, along with the obvious notes. Man, I thought (wished) for not one, but a double bullyseye. One day.... One day!!!!

Grades in.

Just trying to think which grading contest is harder.

Andy's has a lot of problem books.

Blowie's has a lot of trick books.

:grin:

Are you coming to the Buffalo show this weekend?

Buffalo comic cons sneak up on me EVERY time! doh!

I'm going to try and make it Saturday.

Bring that Cookie for me to buy. :wishluck:

Are you going to be wearing a shirt that says Blowie? I'm finally coming...pending border kicking me back to Canada. Danielle and Adam said I had to :sumo:

I'll be the 6'1" shaved head, semi-well dressed guy with a black laptop bag.

Will Danielle and Adam be there? I am guessing yes.

Grades in.

Just trying to think which grading contest is harder.

Andy's has a lot of problem books.

Blowie's has a lot of trick books.

:grin:

Are you coming to the Buffalo show this weekend?

Buffalo comic cons sneak up on me EVERY time! doh!

I'm going to try and make it Saturday.

Bring that Cookie for me to buy. :wishluck:

Are you going to be wearing a shirt that says Blowie? I'm finally coming...pending border kicking me back to Canada. Danielle and Adam said I had to :sumo:

I'll be the 6'1" shaved head, semi-well dressed guy with a black laptop bag.

Will Danielle and Adam be there? I am guessing yes.

I'll hunt ya down maybe I'll get a hold of the PA system.

Yes sir!

I had both of these grades down as my "knee jerk" and then moved Unseen lower after reviewing samples and graded the Fantastic higher after seeing High Good grades for coverless/brittle books. I basically psyched myself out.

I did the same.