• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicConnect auction starts tomorrow

276 posts in this topic

I was able to finally procure a decent copy of Exciting Comics 5, but it was at the highest bid I was willing to put in. Even the esoteric titles that I have collected for so many years are selling (and being bought for) what seem like incredible prices.

I gotta believe a good portion of the market will crash at some point.

Well Peter, I sure as hell hope your wrong :wishluck:

I love the hobby. Going on 30 years strong but sometimes I think a good crash would do this hobby some good.

A time for reflection and reassessment.

1st Dr. Fate (shrug)

But for someone collecting Church books and especially Spectre More Funs this is a beauty. It's been a couple years now that someone has been paying some crazy prices for Church books and Metro all but stated that they wouldn't be listing any on their exchange site anymore, just at auction. So they probably have more than one billionaire buyer who will pay whatever they need to to acquire them. I certainly would do the same if I was in a position to do that.

For me the $100k price tag for the Startling #49 was just ridiculous especially since it's not the lone highest grade copy and went for 8x what the other copy sold for. Besides the last time we had a semi crash was back in 2009-2010 when prices for a lot of books was very tepid, it only caused a feeding frenzy as buyers quickly jumped back into the market and drove prices to new levels.

It's been a couple years now that someone has been paying some crazy prices for Church books and Metro all but stated that they wouldn't be listing any on their exchange site anymore, just at auction. So they probably have more than one billionaire buyer who will pay whatever they need to to acquire them.

So, are you trying to imply that if you happen to have a Church book with a definitive classic cover, then it's almost akin to holding a winning lottery ticket. hm

It's been a couple years now that someone has been paying some crazy prices for Church books and Metro all but stated that they wouldn't be listing any on their exchange site anymore, just at auction. So they probably have more than one billionaire buyer who will pay whatever they need to to acquire them.

So, are you trying to imply that if you happen to have a Church book with a definitive classic cover, then it's almost akin to holding a winning lottery ticket. hm

Doesn't even have to be a classic cover but yes.

So they probably have more than one billionaire buyer who will pay whatever they need to to acquire them.

Or maybe they have the same one billionaire who has discovered that his collection may not be as complete as he had first thought.

In fact, he may have found out that there are comic books beyond the Big 2 and the real impossible books are the ones that are not DC's or Marvels. hm

I know the site has a sold button which shows you past sales of books but it doesn't show recent auction closes.

So if you weren't already watching an item on their site is there a way to find out what something closed out at auction on like Heritage or ComicLink has?

I know the site has a sold button which shows you past sales of books but it doesn't show recent auction closes.

So if you weren't already watching an item on their site is there a way to find out what something closed out at auction on like Heritage or ComicLink has?

They send out e-mails a week or so before the auction starts -- one e-mail for each day of the auction. In the body of the e-mails are links to each individual book's listing.

They send out e-mails a week or so before the auction starts -- one e-mail for each day of the auction. In the body of the e-mails are links to each individual book's listing.

No, unfortunately, the links are only there prior to the end of the auction. :gossip:

For any auction that has ended, you now only see a 1-paragragp message from Vincent talking about consignments for the next auction and links for any current auction books which are still available. :(

No, unfortunately, the links are only there prior to the end of the auction. :gossip:

For any auction that has ended, you now only see a 1-paragragp message from Vincent talking about consignments for the next auction and links for any current auction books which are still available. :(

That's not what I see. I still see the hammer price.

Maybe they're sending you different emails. :baiting:

Yep. Just clicked on a couple for closed auctions and the links still take you to the auction page with the hammer price. Example: Batman 2

Looks like I did not go back far enough as I only checked the emails sent out on the day of the auction which only had some of the highlighted covers. doh!

Does anybody have any idea how long these links will stay active? ???

Looks like I did not go back far enough as I only checked the emails sent out on the day of the auction which only had some of the highlighted covers. doh!

Does anybody have any idea how long these links will stay active? ???

Type comic title and number along with "comic connect" into google and you will get a link to the most recent auction result, either ongoing or ended. Sometimes you might get a few links, but they will all have end dates. They will go back several years.