• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink Sent Wrong Book

86 posts in this topic

Actually, NOT disclosing what book he got, if it's a significantly valuable book as the OP said, is probably the right course of action. The point is to use that information to verify that the person who claims "yes, I got your book. You got my book. Let's just do a direct swap" isn't completely full of it.

I mean, let's take an extreme example. Someone else got his marvel whatever it was #X. He got an AF 15 or FF1. Significantly valuable book. All it takes is 1 unscrupulous person who joins up real quick to say "I came across this thread because CLink didn't answer when I called either & joined so we could trade back. I got your Marvel Whatever It Is #Y. You must have gotten my book" and then send a box of german newspapers.

Now, if he posts that information publicly, he's got some risk of that happening. If he keeps that information as the verification to make sure the person claiming to have his book & to do a direct trade, that risk evaporates.

And of course, this is all operating on the assumption that it was a simple "2 boxes had their labels switched" mistake in the shipping office & not a clusterfrank of books that all got jumbled in where they went. If that's the case, you just gotta go to CLink & let them sort it out. But if it's a 1-for-1 swap of labels mistake, it can be handled directly. That's the point. So I entirely understand NOT posting the information on the book he got. I wouldn't.

No time to play games.

I respect a person who doesn't have time to play games due to the stresses of posting threads and leaving harsh messages. Fight the good fight buddy. I'm pulling for you. (thumbs u

I can't think of a better time to show off your Gunsmoke log cover. Nothing more needs to be said.

It's a "Rifleman" cover, Peter..... you need to bone up on your log covers :baiting: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I see what you did there.

Actually, NOT disclosing what book he got, if it's a significantly valuable book as the OP said, is probably the right course of action. The point is to use that information to verify that the person who claims "yes, I got your book. You got my book. Let's just do a direct swap" isn't completely full of it.

I mean, let's take an extreme example. Someone else got his marvel whatever it was #X. He got an AF 15 or FF1. Significantly valuable book. All it takes is 1 unscrupulous person who joins up real quick to say "I came across this thread because CLink didn't answer when I called either & joined so we could trade back. I got your Marvel Whatever It Is #Y. You must have gotten my book" and then send a box of german newspapers.

Now, if he posts that information publicly, he's got some risk of that happening. If he keeps that information as the verification to make sure the person claiming to have his book & to do a direct trade, that risk evaporates.

And of course, this is all operating on the assumption that it was a simple "2 boxes had their labels switched" mistake in the shipping office & not a clusterfrank of books that all got jumbled in where they went. If that's the case, you just gotta go to CLink & let them sort it out. But if it's a 1-for-1 swap of labels mistake, it can be handled directly. That's the point. So I entirely understand NOT posting the information on the book he got. I wouldn't.

I don't think not disclosing the book was the issue. I think him calling CL and freaking out before giving them a chance to take care of the problem is what people are ribbing him about.

Oh, I don't disagree that freaking out to CLink is short-sighted & overly emotional. But there's been a number of people that tried to make the point that "if you don't tell us what the book you got is, then this thread is pointless & won't accomplish anything". Those are the posts I was addressing.

Why do people cry over such trivial stuff? It happens all the time, people make mistakes. CC sent me an OA page that wasn't mine but they sent me a FedEx label and I mailed it right back to them. So you have to wait another week for your book, big whoop.

This.

Have Clink handle everything. I would not want to ship a valuable book and then be liable when it is damaged or lost in the mail. Clink will send him a prepaid label, put it on the book, and walk away fast. Too many things can go wrong if he tries to do it himself.

No time to play games.

I respect a person who doesn't have time to play games due to the stresses of posting threads and leaving harsh messages. Fight the good fight buddy. I'm pulling for you. (thumbs u

You are a terrible person. Really funny, but a terrible person. lol

Oh, I don't disagree that freaking out to CLink is short-sighted & overly emotional. But there's been a number of people that tried to make the point that "if you don't tell us what the book you got is, then this thread is pointless & won't accomplish anything". Those are the posts I was addressing.

Actually, most people were pointing out how pointless it is to say that the entire thread was started to find out whose book he received, and not give any details.

There are several ways to determine if the person contacting you is the actual owner of the book. Proof of confirmation of payment to comic link. Email from comic link confirming they were the winner. Serial number of the book, linking it to the auction, linking it to the payment confirmation.

Or just wait 1 business day to hear back from Clink and let them sort it out.

Actually, most people were pointing out how pointless it is to say that the entire thread was started to find out whose book he received, and not give any details.

There are several ways to determine if the person contacting you is the actual owner of the book. Proof of confirmation of payment to comic link. Email from comic link confirming they were the winner. Serial number of the book, linking it to the auction, linking it to the payment confirmation.

:o That's crazy talk!

Making a post on a chat forum, wondering if someone else got their book is like making a scream into the sky wondering if someone else got their book.

Sure, there is a chance that someone close by might have ended up with your book but the proper way to handle it is to let the company that made the mistake sort it out. They'd be best equipped to.

Sometimes people mix up needing to be heard with needing people to hear something. I know it happens to me a lot. :insane:

This is precisely why CL should be on the hook and this little sidestep should end. If ANYTHING (and I mean anything) goes wrong your'e outside of the protection that going through a third party provides.

Why do people cry over such trivial stuff? It happens all the time, people make mistakes. CC sent me an OA page that wasn't mine but they sent me a FedEx label and I mailed it right back to them. So you have to wait another week for your book, big whoop.

No one is crying. Just reaching out. Whoever's book I have paid quite a bit of money. I'm sure they're wondering what happened too.

When did you call Clink? In my experience they pick up the phone during working hours.

You thought it would be more effective to start a thread at 7 PM in case someone got your book than to just call Clink tomorrow morning?

He doesn't have time for games.

Nah, you disclose the book, but send it back to comic link. If you aren't too tapped out from leaving nasty messages!

Have Clink handle everything. I would not want to ship a valuable book and then be liable when it is damaged or lost in the mail. Clink will send him a prepaid label, put it on the book, and walk away fast. Too many things can go wrong if he tries to do it himself.

Beat me to it. Agree