• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pontoon's Boston Comic Con Report 2016

164 posts in this topic

After an all-too short night’s rest, it’s up and at ‘em the next morning about 6:00.

And now the moment you’ve all been waiting for: scenes from the Pontoon Garden. We’ve been having a drought in MA this year, so keeping the garden alive, let alone nice, hasn’t been easy. We have had a bit of rain this week, which helped, so it was looking like this the other morning.

Garden3.jpg

Yard.jpg

The second picture is deceptive; the lawn mostly looks like hay and weeds. I’ve never been manic about lawn upkeep though, plants and flowers is where it's at.

Perhaps due to the dry weather, we’ve had more critter problems than usual this year; on top of the hedgehog we’ve got squirrels getting in there plus a skunk family. The zuchini crop is way down; cucumbers have been getting nibbled but have been productive enough to compensate. Tomatoes are better than last year, but a far cry from some of the bumper crops we’ve had in the past. The current ripe ones have been picked, so these plants don’t look too spectacular.

Roma.jpg

Toms.jpg

You could see the sign for Harely's booth from the entrance, and saw the man himself walking around at one point, but I didn't manage to ask him if he had any Maxx ashcans this show.

(It's been a goal of mine to ask him at every show I attend if he has Maxx ashcans, but was too busy at this one for the chance)

BCCFan.jpg

Sam Keith, pictured here in absentia, was a cool guy to briefly chat with and puts much effort into his signature. It made the line move slowly but it was worth it.