• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pontoon's Boston Comic Con Report 2016

164 posts in this topic

Decidely low-grade, but so was the price. Plus I don't run into this often.

EK1.jpg

Great report and great comics! I would have loved to have owned this comic when I was a kid in the 70s, but I believe it came with the Evel Knievel Stunt Cycle that Santa was asked for but forgot to bring :taptaptap:

David Lloyd was a chatty Kathy and very approachable. I was talking to him about his recent digital comics venture when a young couple, probably 16 years old or so, came strolling up to the table wearing Pokemon costumes of some sort. They stood beside me and edged into our conversation without saying anything. I assumed they were struck by the majesty that is David Lloyd drawing and being so accessible.

Finally, David stops, turns up at them and says, "Hello, how can I help you?"

The female half of the couple replies, "Can I borrow one of your markers? I forgot to draw part of my boyfriend's costume."

David chuckled and handed her his black sharpie. The couple adjusted their costumes and went on their way and David went back to explaining how digital represents a better business model for comics distribution whilst drawing me this:

e7cb5cf0-2868-43ce-9eff-dd91438650de_zpsbfzww66v.jpg

Original art was noticeably absent. Superworld brought some, but neither Anthony Snyder nor Bechara set up this time.

Before I forget, big shout-outs to all the boardies I saw there: GA Collectibles, Unfunny Ryan, Junkdrawer, ckb, underthebigw. Got to meet Resurrection for the 1st time – hey Pat! - as well as Foolkiller and Rich Henn. And Gargam - I mean DiceX of all people! I interrupted GAC while on the phone with seanfingh. Does that count? I briefly saw comicartfan but we were turning in opposite directions so we didn’t interact. Harvey Swick no show? I’m probably forgetting somebody.

Decidely low-grade, but so was the price. Plus I don't run into this often.

EK1.jpg

Great report and great comics! I would have loved to have owned this comic when I was a kid in the 70s, but I believe it came with the Evel Knievel Stunt Cycle that Santa was asked for but forgot to bring :taptaptap:

It was just a giveaway in toy stores. The ones by us in NY used to have piles of them in the aisles and you could grab handfuls of them. No need to buy anything