• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toronto (and surrounding areas) shops to visit?

55 posts in this topic

I'm heading out on vacation for the next 2 weeks and Staying in Hamilton but will be in Toronto a few times including for Fan Expo and I was wondering what shops around those areas I should check out?

Another strange question is if anyone knows any shops in those areas that stock Mylar/Half/Full Backs. My LCS doesn't stock much/often so they don't buy at a high enough volume for discount so if I can find a decent supply while traveling that would be great.

The Silver Snail is still worth a visit. But Big B Comics in Hamilton where you will be staying is better than any of the Toronto stores. Big B mobilizes their high grade back issues to attend conventions so try to stop in there before Fan Expo starts for the best selection.

Depending on how far you want to go but as Niagara falls has a second big b comics as well as freakshow comics (new shop that renovated an old junk shop).

Andy aka forest city always has great stuff.

Fan expo would be best bet depending if you are still around.

My partner is in Hamilton so if your looking for anything in particular from dollar books to slabs we can prob arrange a viewing.

In Toronto:

Paradise is great. Doug (the manager) and Peter (the owner) super nice guys. They recently expanded the store too. Authorized CGC dealer.

Silver Snail carries a lot of modern stuff and statues/toys but to get at their back issues is a pain and usually over priced and their "premium" stuff you have to pull the card and wait for a hipster staff member to get it for you. Plus side is if you are downtown, good location.

One Million Comix - Only go in if you want a good laugh at the price of their back issues and 'hot' moderns.

Pendragon Comics have a pretty solid selection of back issues (at least last time I was there) but again, on the pricey side.

Big B in Hamilton is great... Thousands of dollar books in the basement, and a decent back issue selection on the main floor. If you're from NB, it's got a "Strange Adventures" kind of vibe, but with a "Comic Hunter" scale stock of back issues. Big B in Niagara is more limited - not much in terms of back issues.

Aardvark Comics in Burlington (Aldershot area, just near Hamilton) has a lot of good back issues, with lots of obscure gems, but no "bargains".

Comic Connection in Hamilton might also be worth a visit... Lots of modern back issues.

Comic Warehouse in Kitchener, as mentioned above, is good, and if you're going that far, Carry On Comics in Waterloo is decent.

The problem is the time of year youre going. I know silver snail usually has a booth at fan expo and they pretty much empty out their store. Went there last year after the expo had ended but all their inventory was still at the show.

Ive personally never been to Paradise comics but plan on going this year after the con. Hopefully the same issue wont happen there.